Product Chat / GG gets a complete 3D Api

Author
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 22:20 Edited at: 21st Jan 2017 00:46
What about getting GG a complete game engine Api , progressively exposing all functions (camera,input,physics, entity control, particles, navigation) ?
Would it be possible to make plugins for the editor ?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 10:11
Most of these I can provide through the LUA scripting system with extra LUA commands. Allowing the creation of editor plug-ins would be tricker as this would require access to the IDE and MapEditor source code which would be tough to administrate. I suppose we could add support for IDE 'plugin' tools that are standalone but could be launched from the IDE itself..
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

kehagiat
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lee: Please please do!!!!
Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jan 2017 11:40 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2017 17:17
Quote: "Most of these I can provide through the LUA scripting system with extra LUA commands."

Good.

Quote: "I suppose we could add support for IDE 'plugin' tools that are standalone but could be launched from the IDE itself.."

What about be able to run from the editor some Lua scripts that could control some editor functions like placement, rotation or change material ?
And make some editor custom panel buttons and fields to be usable with custom Lua scripts ?
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I suppose we could add support for IDE 'plugin' tools that are standalone but could be launched from the IDE itself.."

Yes , Lee, this would be useful, I think it has been suggested numerous times from some contributants (me among them) and should be very easy to implement. Maybe, it would even be possible to have some data in shared memory (such as the (height-)map or the ele--Array )?
While we're at it (Tools): would you be willing to reveal again the structure needed for the map.ele file ?
I think I got it once for versions up to 306. In the meanime, 311 seems to be current. I can load the objects from the file by guesswork, but the semantics of those data added after 306 is a mystery to me, yet may be decisive for a proper result.

Especially bragging with nuncio over his problems with GG brought some thingss to mind which could improve productivity.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome idea that can promote GG
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 10:34:57
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 10:34:57