Free Models and Media / how to export model from blender to GG?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a simple model on blender an add a PNG texture. It looks beautiful on blender but when I export it to .X file for GG It does not open well in GG, usually the model is alright but the texture did not lay good on the model.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
yes. my files

I'd be happy if someone can tell me how to export it to GG
I have more than 100 models to export to GG

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 09:46 Edited at: 20th Jan 2017 09:52
Sorry to say this, but there's a lot wrong with that model that you need to fix before exporting it for use in gameguru.

Your geometry is all wrong, you have a lot of loose geometry and specifically a LOT of Ngons, Ngons are very bad and will cause no end of trouble. What is an Ngon you ask? An Ngon is a face that has more than 4 sides, this can cause warping and other issues in the model. When creating a model make sure all faces are either triangles or quadrangles.

That's why your texture doesn't go on it right, it doesn't know which face to add it to because where you should have a half dozen four sided faces, instead you have a single face with a score of vertices.

It'll take a lot of work to fix that model, it would probably be quicker to remake it from scratch.

Here's a video on how to model and texture a house in blender, it's one of the best i've found that explains how to make windows and doors etc, if you watch it and work the way he work you will easily avoid ngons.

Note how when he makes the windows, all four corners are always connected to the corner of another face, meaning all of the faces have a maximum of four sides, with four vertices.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you as always you are always helps me.
I corrected some things and kept as 3DS And now it all works.

Now I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 10:24
Quote: "Check the normals in Blender are correct ? Load the model to Blender, in the edit window press N to open the right side panel (if it's not already open ) and put a tick in the the Backface Culling box, this will show you what the model will look like in GG."

Also if you look on your picture, a little further down is a section called normals, there are three boxes there to display the normal directions, if you select the third one, then change the size slider up to about 2, it will show a light blue line projecting out of each face, this is showing the direction of the normals, you want the blue line sticking out on the side that should be visible for each face.

A couple of shortcuts:

To use Blenders automatic normal adjustment, in edit mode highlight everything and press ctrl+N, this will try to swap all of the models normals so they're facing outwards

Sometimes the above does't work, so switch on the blue normal direction lines as i explained before, then each of the faces that are the wrong way, right click them, then press W, a menu should pop up, find and select "flip normal", this will flip the normal direction of each highlighted face.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
I have 100 models that I bought and on Blender and Wings 3D They open very good and to open them in GG I have to work so hard (3d is hard for me) why? the settings are specifically for GG or the import of GG is not perfect? in normal import it looks very different from Blender and Wings 3D and GG.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 13:56 Edited at: 20th Jan 2017 14:00
Quote: "Another little tip, scale the model up in Blender so it is scaled at 100 in GameGuru, I would select all press S then type 24 in Blender before exporting the model then it will be the correct size when imported to GG, don't forget to move the model up in Z so the bottom of it is on the grid."

This is good practice, before* starting your model in Blender, on the N menu adjust the scale fields to blender to 100/100/100 in object mode, then while still in object mode with your cursor over the 3D view press ctrl+A and select scale from the menu, that will reset the scale fields back to 1, but keep it at the 100x scale for GameGuru.

Once you have set the scale like this DO NOT use scaling on objects in the object mode again, always scale in the edit mode, otherwise it messes with the overall scale.

Basically Gameguru works on a different scale to blender, 100 blender units is 1 Gameguru grid unit, by setting this scale you can now easily make models that conform to grid snapping.

* the reason i say to do this before starting your model is quite simply every time you scale in object mode it adjusts the overall scale, so if you do it after making an object it's difficult o get the right scale, as it may not be a factor of 100 any more.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:04