Free Models and Media / Free Terrain Packs and models

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 14:54 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 17:49
Hi all I've been playing around with terrains, creating my initial textures using Gentetica these then are edited and have to be converted over to work in GG then combining them with some of the current GG terrains edited with paint.net to match the first one created im getting some nice results with both terrains and vegetation, hopefully when they are all finished and with Lees permission (with the vegbank files as these are colored only) i will release them free as a pack , because the file size of these terrains are too big to post on the forums I've uploaded them to my server www.haltek.co.uk on the apps page. I did start another post on this subject Volcanic Terrain and will PM one of the moderators to merge them as i will post any new ones here in future and any models i make as well (If you see this guys please merge them for me TY).
Ok Pack number two is done and uploaded 110mb.rar please let me know if you have any problems downloading them. Enjoy

And the last pic is of a crystals, stalactites and stalagmites set im working on not quite got the transparency right tho yet :/
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 21:41
Very nice of you they look great,thank you.how do you convert to terrain files.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
bburgess
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you! Very nice
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 19:17 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 12:51
Your welcome guys tbh most of the ones im doing i use the stock GG ones, Basically i change the default texture to the new terrain e.g if im doing snow i copy the stock ice terrain over to my desktop, replace the default with my new main texture load up the other files in Paint.net and edit to suit. So they are just 1 file changed completely and adjusted stock GG ones. I'm still learning quite a lot as i do them so i hope they will get better im modeling characters etc as well and slowly picking up some scripting thanks to smallg and Dvader. Next 2 packs are nearly there the cartoon ones were particularly hard because each texture has to be reloaded and adjusted from the first texture to even come close to looking right. I've also been redoing the cartoon vegitation and currently have 6 new colors the red pictured below
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 13:59
I know it's wacky, but I really like this one:

I never thought to use the grass to hit home with the cartoon / wacky theme, nice work!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 15:18 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 15:27
Thanks Lee ive done all of that scene in blue, green, white, yellow and orange so far im matching the trees atm.
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 16:42
While I'm a little annoyed at the use of a texture I used in my jungle theme (which of course was free art but I did tweak significantly) - most of these are pretty original/unique. I like the stained glass one and the one with the triangular metallic floor. You should consider selling some of your future ones.

Sincerest form of flattery and all that

Seems like you understood where I was going with the lava texture thing. My gore texture was originally a lava texture but I kept running into issues with the way the alpha layering on the final three textures would work. It never gave me QUITE the result I wanted. Yours seems like it's in the ballpark though.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 17:19 Edited at: 20th Jan 2017 11:08
Thanks m8 nice to get some input and even nicer praise if you want any of the original files in any format to play around with just let me know.
I've kinda found my bag with these as i find them really easy to manipulate into what i want, some need some work still but i can pick up on what they need quite quickly and know what i need to do. Shame i haven't got skydomes/boxes bagged yet but i'll look at that at some point.
My mission today was to get a few cartoon scenes complete or there a bouts as Lee's said I'm cool to post them up for everyone to play with and here they are, few little tweaks and they'll be ready to post, as I've seen a few nice cartoon models going up i thought these might compliment them.

Edit these are now up for download on my server address at the top under toonland pack 13mb the download includes the terrains, grasses, and trees.
If you like the cartoon themed assets please let me know and i will do some more

Edit: Have updated the houses and the fir tree this morning just need to do the icons to match. Last pic meet the redtown gang
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 20:08
HI all'
Pack 4 is up for download and its a biggie.
The Game Guru dark worlds terrain pack 62mb download, I've not used GG stock ones for this for sediments etc or if there is there's maybe 1 or 2 and so you should be able to load them up in your paint programs and adjust them to your own liking, these are free to do with as you wish. this is the last pack im doing for a bit in fact it was 2 packs ive rolled into 1. As i want to get back to my own project a bit, and a few other things.
If you would like any single terrains doing feel free to give me a PM and i'll rattle it up for you. (pics below)
Same as before my server address is at the top of the post and you can find them all plus any other freebies i make on the apps page. Have fun
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:25