Showcase / Redacted - Hired Gun - Xmas release!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2017 16:49 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2017 15:45
Quote: " Thanks for your detailed review "

You're welcome, Everything you said is true.
Only a few things will look different from another perspective.

Quote: " I don't understand this sentence. You turned off the frame rate?"

I actually wanted to say I turned on the Vsync. Sorry.

And the review without mercy was kind of a joke. I really admire your test project. I understood the purpose of this project but I just wanted to point out some suggestions to anyone who read the review, not only you.
There were also some ideas to make the GameGuru better.

Quote: " I also don't know why you get the impression that we are competitive? I don't think we are! "

I mean most of the members are just competing with others by making better games which is a very good thing and I know that most of the members are trying to help each other which is a very good thing again, but not good enough.
And I know about disintegrated teams, this shows the lack of teamwork abilities.
Other than a few thousand dollars I spent on my game "Self Portrait", Some of the most important parts of the game are in the hands of some people in the team who are not taking any money until we start selling it. We all are happy working on this project and we had almost no problem until now which is about 2 years.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/self-portrait/news/self-portrait-reveal-trailer/
Also check the links in my signature if you like.

Quote: " I know its probably too much to ask but could you play through the game and maybe film it?? "

Sure, Why not

Quote: "I don't have much to offer in return except for one of my model packs."

You are very kind but I suggest to send that model pack to someone who really needs and can make a good use of it.
I'm sure there is someone around here with higher priority, you can send it as a gift from both of us.

Quote: " If you are up for it, I could also send you the beta for the big project. You have an eye for flaws!"

Nice. It makes me happy to help the community make better games.
I'll PM you.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my reviews.
I7-6850K, 32GB ram, GTX 1080 GamingX, SSD 840EVO 500GB.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/self-portrait
http://www.retrogamesmaster.co.uk/self-portrait
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2017 22:41
Hi Wolfe,did you ever put one out with checkpoints .played again today but the loading if you get killed is ruining it for me.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2017 03:33 Edited at: 17th Apr 2017 03:34
Hey gang!

@Honkeyboy: Thanks for giving it a whirl and I'm glad you liked it

Quote: "pretty blooming impressive with my I5 with its crappy 7 series Radeon. "

Haha! We run the same terrible hardware. Well, maybe I should not insult it. Its been working flawlessly for years now. I suppose its more like an aged race horse

Quote: "I did spot a couple of things while reading the intro"

I usually just counter this with "english is my 4th language bleehneneeeneneeehneeh" but you are of course correct. Mistakes I could have avoided
if I just read the text again after having typed it. Are you familiar with my larger horror game release? Its riddled with "they're and their" errors that are just infuriating to me now. Its why I advice any non-english devs to have their games proofread before releasing something commercial.

Quote: "A.I sweet they actually do chase you about (why dont mine do that?) lol"

I was just as surprised by this! I didn't do anything to them to provoke this but it adds a certain edge to them.

Quote: "you got those set to spawn cos they proper just come out of nowhere (nice effect) "

Ah! Thats a bug, not a feature. The level layout was originally different. But I couldn't get an important script to work, changed it and then the enemies ended up being kinda all over the place. I think, with all the inactive doors through the game, its still semi-believable.

Quote: "(wish i could get that sort of fps on my open maps)"

Thats a lot harder to do but there are a couple of tricks. We can chat about that via PM if ya like. I've been meaning to write a basic tutorial on optimization too but ...ya know, only so many hours in a day. My homepage hasnt been updated in proper Aeons.

@Payam:
Quote: " I actually wanted to say I turned off the Vsync. Sorry."

Oh! I understand

Quote: "Other than a few thousand dollars I spent on my game "Self Portrait", Some of the most important parts of the game are in the hands of some people in the team who are not taking any money until we start selling it. We all are happy working on this project and we had almost no problem until now which is about 2 years."

I've seen a video of it somewhere! I didn't know you where the one working on that. Lemme follow you on indieDB.
Wish you and your team best of luck with it! If you ever need any kinda help from me, just ask

Don't really know what to expect from the game yet!! It looks very impressive. Cool materials!

Quote: "You are very kind but I suggest to send that model pack to someone who really needs and can make a good use of it."

Ha! Will do I think I know just the guy.

@Granada:
Quote: "Hi Wolfe,did you ever put one out with checkpoints .played again today but the loading if you get killed is ruining it for me.

Dave"

Thanks for giving it another spin, Dave! I didn't get around to it yet but I'll upload save games for level 2 soon.

Now that it has been mentioned a couple of times I think an updated version of the game wouldn't be the worst idea. But I can't fit that into my time frame the next 2 weeks at least.

-Wolf
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2017 17:37 Edited at: 17th Apr 2017 21:05
Lol can't truly say my spelling is brilliant m8 tbh It's pitiful sometimes and it is my first language Ask Belidos ROFL think its more the case of rushing or beer or both. If anyone spots any in my titles I'd totally appreciate them pointing them out for me tho
Just to prove how mental English grammar is we had to try to write this sentence correctly "There are three 2's in the English language" p.s that ones wrong as " 2's" is grammatically incorrect pfft lol can't be done! as you cannot put two. too, or to in there and it be correct either
Thanks for the offer of the help with the FPS tweaks I'll definitely P.M you about those i really struggle with getting that right in all honesty so much appreciated offer m8 ty

Ok review pt2
Enjoyed Level one found it to be fast paced not too many enemies but enough to keep you occupied and on guard whats with the dirty mag at the bottom of the tunnel ROFL? Like the idea of the interfacing to open doors that works very well and the AI is still behaving quite well, also was good that it didn't just end when you collect the data rod = still a few baddies left to fight on your way out

Level 2:
Well now, that was cool I got around 32-40 fps steady no drops, i now see what you mean about mine having a lack of content lol man that must have taken ages to populate with all those items. Still It really did look very sweet indeed, problem is here you dont get chance in these type of games to actually admire the work that's gone into it as your busy shooting stuff but i did take a breather and the level was really sweet looking with a lot of hard work been put into it (Clean, Crisp and deeply detailed)
Most of the Ai worked well i think just 2 didnt react but i shot them from range (no zoom) was this intentional? not that it mattered too much in fact it might of made it too easy.

All in All it was a very enjoyable, playable game i have 1 big issue tho! WTH IS LEVEL 3 ?!?!?!?!?!!?
Nice one Wolf enjoyed that
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've seen a video of it somewhere! I didn't know you where the one working on that. Lemme follow you on indieDB. "

Thank you.
I followed your project on indieDB too.
Hope to see a lot more of it soon.

Quote: "Wish you and your team best of luck with it! If you ever need any kinda help from me, just ask"

Thank you, I wish best of luck for you and your game too.
I7-6850K, 32GB ram, GTX 1080 GamingX, SSD 840EVO 500GB.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/self-portrait
http://www.retrogamesmaster.co.uk/self-portrait
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2017 21:48 Edited at: 29th Apr 2017 21:49

S A V E G A M E F O R L E V E L 2
attached

(check your settings, its possible that low framerate mode is active. This can be deactivated in the setup.ini)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2017 12:25
Will download today,thanks wolf.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jul 2017 11:36
I can't get it to run, it was ages on the loading screen which has what looks like a loading bar at the bottom that is very hard to see if anything is happening then after the mega wait I get an error telling me gameguru is not responding and I have to use task manager to close it, i tried running as admin and closing other stuff down but it still won't play. I have AMD A8 with GTX960 graphics card.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 23:20
Oh :S That is unfortunate.

I don't have an AMD CPU of that brand so I can't try to replicate the error. Your specs should be very much in order though.
Have you been able to play other GG games and did you try to run the game a second time? It tends to crash on first run.
All else fails: change this line in the setup.ini "dividetexturesize = 2"

-Wolf
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 11:09
I tried a few times and got the same result, I haven't tried any other users games yet but I saved morning mountain stroll as a stand alone to test a theory and it worked fine, it still took a while loading but it did work and with good frame rate.
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 11:53
I had another go and it almost loaded, the load bar almost got to the end and I heard a low hum which I think is an ambient game sound but it crashed again, i pressed print screen before using ctrl-alt-del to open task manager to close it down, the picture is attached.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 16:34
Hey JonRobbo!

Thanks for giving it another go. I understand that you are likely frustrated with getting my little game to run but if you still feel like getting to the bottom of this, you can try running this game by Bugsy.

It was made at a similar time I released Redacted and if it works for you I will know that there is something wrong on my end

If not, then I totally get that. Thanks for trying though.
I can't make sense of that error message either, sry.

-Wolf
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 17:45
The wetworks game loaded and played fine, I can't understand why yours doesn't but i will delete it and download it again, sometimes works with zip files.

Attachments

JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 19:45 Edited at: 5th Jul 2017 19:45
Success, I don't know if it got screwed up when unzipping first time but after downloading and unzipping again it works. What i saw of the game is very good but after getting killed a few times and waiting for ever for the save game to load I gave up, 1 life and 200 health is not enough but the slowness of loading totally killed it stone dead for me, also when the save game finally loaded first time it was like the fire key was stuck and it emptied all the bullets out of the gun I was holding.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 20:19
Ah good to know! Thank you for playing.
Yes, the loading time is a real killer. I'll have checkpoints in future games and of course hope for an improvment in that regard from Lee.
The difficulty has been mentioned a plenty, some found it too easy, others too hard. I see how I'll handle that in future games...just going off by what feels right then.

On a side note, the forum has a rule against posting twice in a row (doubleposting) its not biggie now but please use the edit feature (below your avatar) in the future if you wish to add to a previous post.

-Wolf
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 21:10
The posts are different and are 2 hours apart ?
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2017 23:47
Yes, that does not factor into it.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 09:43 Edited at: 11th Aug 2017 09:43
Someone uploaded a full, yet very fast playthrough on to youtube.

It includes some of level 2 with a decent framerate too

-Wolf
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 16:18 Edited at: 12th Mar 2019 16:19
Deep bump but I find this review interesting.

You can activate automatic translation to make out what they are saying and its pretty fair from what I can tell.

-Wolf
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 17:36
Yeah auto-translate is awessome!

" Nobody liners hot hot beloved i will try to check with a lean one"

LOL!

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 16:20 Edited at: 12th Mar 2019 16:22
Well, you'll understand the gist of it, not everything.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:11:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:11:57