Product Chat / Negative Review Solutions

Author
User Banned
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 00:26
I agree, for example Reshade helps a lot about better visuals.
But there is one thing that should be number one priority : navigation mesh support, because this is something any actual 3D engine has.
I get npc characters stuck on terrain slopes, behind group of rocks , behind some wall angle, can't walk on stairs or bridge, the AI is very cluncky and very dumb and outdated, too limited.
Until GG get proper AI navigation you must plan carefully each AI npc about where he can goes or not , this is very very limited gameplay actually.
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I share the same sentiments as others here about the "Community Vote" list. There are over 60 features voted higher than adding basic swimming, including adding things like boats and planes. People on Steam asked ages ago about how to add water etc. and were told over a year ago that the water was getting an overhaul and would be much more capable. A year later and this still hasn't happened, so I cannot really fault the Steam community in this regard.

A roadmap of some kind would also be much appreciated. Right now there is no indication of what, if any, of the community vote features are being worked on or at what priority. In the early days of Reloaded we were treated to daily developer updates which I thoroughly enjoyed. Then this transitioned to more of a weekly developer update, and now we get at most one news update a month or two (no real update on EBE since it went into beta five months ago).
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 00:49
Personally I have all my own AI scripts and have no problem with characters getting stuck anywhere or with performance problems, the only thing I would like fixed in regards to AI is full Lua access to the Bullet engine outputs.

Mind you I am a programmer so I will always use my own code in preference to any 'canned' scripts, in fact the first thing I did when I downloaded GG was replace ALL the Lua scripts with my own efforts because obviously anything created by other people will be rubbish.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
Honestly, I switched to Unity and I've learned something thus far. Ok with the talent Lee has to program, and we can see he switched since the announcement of his new kick starter project. You basically have an engine that was rebuilt using C++ from the ground up yet you never updated the graphics engine. You want a community to tell you what they want in your engine. That's a big mistake in the same sense your not trying to give the community what they want. We know it's just you doing all the programming. You tried to focus on a low end market, but forgot modern day pc's and laptops have better specs. There should have never been a community voting board. Your game engine needs navigation and a reliable AI solution. I Have no idea why you changed the whole concept. This should have been well thought out. Your competing with AAA engines people have access to for free. It took months to have FBX support and it doesn't even work. Most users don't code and want a solution you can't please everyone that's a give in. Why not make Game Guru open source and chalk it up. Switch to Unity make an asset package call it a day. Unless you upgrade and have support and features people want and need people will keep bashing you. I come back to see the progression its the same. Every feature on that voting board should have been in there before release. You want people to purchase beta software that's not stable or usable to make a AAA game. Come on now lets be serious as it stands it looking like you'll never get it done if you don't let others add to the source code. Make it compatible with visual studio to work on xbox one. Bring back VR make something happen for 2017. Who uses direct x anymore get mixamo working something. Step it up and stop holding game guru back.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
AmenMoses, would you consider selling or donating your scripts to TGC?
Julian
PM
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 12:53
GG was never supposed for making AAA Games, I think.
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 13:25 Edited at: 29th Dec 2016 14:03
Quote: " Ok with the talent Lee has to program, and we can see he switched since the announcement of his new kick starter project."

Lee hasn't switched .... This is Ravey's and Adam's project ... Also keep in mind ig GG went Unity it may no longer be Royalty free ...
At some point TGC may have to pay royalties if they sell enough ( just like any other Unity game Developer whatever the licence is ? )

I guess if GG went Unity and we sold enough of our creations we would also somehow fall under the Unity licence rules..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 13:53
I've been waiting for Lee to get around to the AI update, although my scripts go some way to improving things there are still things the engine needs to provide.

Anyhow they are on the backburner for now as I have several things to do before I can get back to them (lunar silliness and chuff chuffs are top of my to do list).

The other problem with my scripts is that they aren't standalone scripts, they use all sorts of functions that are built into my own global.lua, I'm planning on extracting them all into a library at some point but at present its an all or nothing thing which is not ideal because although I know how they all fit together (sometimes ) they aren't in a state where I would feel comfortable distributing.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I guess if GG went Unity and we sold enough of our creations we would also somehow fall under the Unity licence rules.."

It's also against the Unity license agreement to use their software to create competing products. At best if GG decided to transition to Unity it could only be packaged and sold as a plugin for Unity, much like Ultimate FPS that exists already.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 29th Dec 2016 21:00 Edited at: 31st Dec 2016 13:47
Come on now lets be serious as it stands it looking like you'll never get it done if you don't let others add to the source code
I agree, source code + SDK, and GG would benefit from users contributions for what is missing (physics, particles, navmesh etc ...).

GG aim to be the easy game creator without code, perhaps we are asking too much as it is a product for beginners and kids first who are more tolerant about graphics or engine features and gameplay possibilities. EBE is perhaps a bigger priority for users.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2017 14:06
Quote: "it is a product for beginners and kids first"

Nope, or at least it shouldn't be. GG evolved from FPSC-Reloaded, which was by then a promised improved, reloaded, overhauled version of FPSC, which was by then the playground for Pros and tinkers, and definately not for kids.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 21:03
I'd rather see the most simplest items added/fixed in GG before building MyWorld .

“We have self-funded the project to date and already developed the main core game engine for MyWorld, and we have many of the game construction elements in place and working. "

Please finish developing GG first.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 11:24
Quote: "Nope, or at least it shouldn't be. GG evolved from FPSC-Reloaded, which was by then a promised improved, reloaded, overhauled version of FPSC, which was by then the playground for Pros and tinkers, and definately not for kids."

And I'm still waiting for all the original FPSCx9 features

Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 14:26
I still dont see how you can call it a game creator if it only works on one level,sure you can run up to the next floor but nobody can follow you ore chase you around.this must and should have been first on the list,it's one of the main things people complain about.

(Like I said before l feel like a dog chasing its own tail with these discussions )

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Like I said before l feel like a dog chasing its own tail with these discussions "

I know ... We keep saying ... AI is next after the EBE ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 16:54
Quote: " should have been first on the list,it's one of the main things people complain about."

It doesn't quite matter anymore as the complaints don't change the order of the Feature Votes on the Board. I should know, I think I complain the most lol

At present I'm comfortable with the order of things at present. Least now we are getting the interior structure stuff done then moving towards AI so the characters can actually use the multi-floors. After that though it looks like its going to be quite a wait for some of the features I voted up on there...
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 17:23 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 17:24
Quote: "It doesn't quite matter anymore as the complaints don't change the order of the Feature Votes on the Board. I should know, I think I complain the most lol"

The only thing that changes the order is the votes, and the best way to make an impact with your votes is to prioritize.

For each item you choose on the list, each vote has less impact. Basically, the more things you vote for the less you effect the vote.

The best way to use the voting board we have here is not to choose a list of things you want and vote for them, that's the worst thing you can do. Choose ONE overall most important item to you and vote all the way on it, and keep it like that until it's been done, then move on to the next vote.

Doing it that way will impact the outcome a lot more than voting on lots of different items.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 03:54:16
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 03:54:16