Product Chat / Map sizes

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 20:25 Edited at: 13th Dec 2016 21:07
Anyone else think these have shrunk lol? the last one i did feels well erm smaller or maybe its my fps increase *yay* , i have seen a few debates on map size what struck me though as a nice way to get around this maybe is shrink the Player? That way the map would instantly seem bigger. Is the feasible?
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 21:11 Edited at: 13th Dec 2016 21:12
That just wont work ..... Try running a blank map .. Then simply crouching and looking around especially at the ground ..
The smaller you go the more work you will have to put into the environment to make it look right
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 23:04 Edited at: 14th Dec 2016 16:58
Be cool on a space map e.g i could 3rd person a ship shrink it and get twice as many planets on it? but yeah get you synchromesh or if you was a fairy or just a very little person? lol Edit: shrinking a ship to increase map size this is x7, i used the same planet type but you can use multiple planet types and set a trigger around then to jump to the planet level. ie land

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You could extend the map for a space game if you had your own control script that takes over GG's default movement. You would need objects with an offset pivot point to place on the edge of the map, but actually sit off it because of the pivot point. This would give you a bit more room for your space sections than the basic map size. If you want an even better, but harder way, you could also use lua to position the objects that way, I imagine that would technically give you an almost limitless map if done properly Probably a good move for a space based game

I love thinking of simple solutions to GG weaknesses, pretty sure that would work pretty well

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2016 21:24 Edited at: 16th Dec 2016 21:31
Ive actually managed to increase it massively by shrinking everything down in size on that map to the point of 30+ planets with stations at each, 4 asteriod fields, and random flying spacecraft, i also did this full size with 4 planets, 4 stations on the standard map i found that the advantages of the larger planets/smaller map was i could build a station inside the station and physically dock and get out and walk around the inside and see it from the inside which was kind of nice, the larger map/smaller models i couldnt, so was playing with the freelancer type idea with that whereas when you come into docking range you freeze the player and bring up a shop menu (would be cool with a nice background) as with freelancer, both you can dock with the planets, just trying to find a way to tp to the right place when you leave, because there are 4 systems on the main map when you leave a planet in system one i need the ship to appear in system one, same with 2,3 and 4. i know we discussed this before using transportinzone and smallg has given some commands to do it but tbh it'll take me a long time to suss it so building the planets while i try to work it out lol. you can see the map in my thread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216805
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 05:35:31
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 05:35:31