Product Chat / No Water

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to make my first game (again).
I have had GG work fine before but for some reason, this morning I don't have any water.
I started a new map. Entered the Terrain mode, chose the hill icon, and pressed the left key on my mouse.
The map showed hills being made. Fine.
I pressed and held the shift key and did the same thing and the map showed water being made. I made a small stream and a lake over a bit from it.
Added a Start icon and ran the game.
I had the hills but where the river was supposed to be there was a deep gully. The river seemed to have run dry.
I went to the lake I made and the same thing. No water. The lake had dried up.
I know global warming was not the culprit so I an wondering what I forgot to do before making this.
Ken
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 02:55 Edited at: 7th Dec 2016 02:55
Start your game ..Press " Tab " twice and make sure the water slider is all the way up ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Raybrite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 03:35 Edited at: 7th Dec 2016 05:20
I have since gone on to GG and started another game. The tab works fine. I am still learning.
I did have a problem with a message shutting the program down after a few minutes but it seems to have stopped after I went back online with Steam. I had been running in the offline mode before.
Ken
Thanks.
I have been trying the tab thing last night and it didn't go anywhere. I will try it again this morning. BTW. I restarted the program a little later and started all over again and I had water in the places where it said. I did notice that it was a bit low though.
I need to play with this program more to get used to how it works on my computer. I have a feeling that I am going to need to set some things that I take for granted manually.
Thanks again for your help. I think the water slider thing may be set very low now for some reason which is why when I do have water it is way down.
Thanks again. You have given me much food for thought.
Ken
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 06:12
The water slider doesn't change the height, it changes the quality, from off to various grades of reflective. The water plane is at a fixed height.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:19:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:19:06