Product Chat / Save as Stand alone Version - Normal Map and Specular Map are missing (*.dds) of a imported 3rd Party Model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I imported a 3rd Party Model, that I modyfied with Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro (x64) and eported to *.x Format.
Did also asign all the Textures, that I converted from *.tga to *.dds format.
I imported the Model into GG.
Then I created a Demo Level.
Ran it. All works fine.

Then I saved it as Standalone and I recognized, that Normal Map and Specular Map are missing. All *.dds Files.

What did I do wrong.

What might I setup different, to make GG also exporting Normal Map and Specular Map and including them into the Standalone.

Might someone please do have help for me?

Best regards,
Harald
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 15:16
It depends on how you have set the model up.

1. Does the model use a single name_D.dds, name_S.dds, and name_N.dds, with just the _D.dds referenced in the FPE?

Or

2. Is it multiple textures with a blank textured field in the fpe and the textures referenced inside the model itself?

If it's the first one, it should copy over everything in standalone.

If he second one, GameGuru doesn't support normal and specular maps on multitextured models, and to be honest it barely supports plain multitextured models, so it probably won't copy over the normal map and specular map, it will also be hit and miss if it copies over any of the textures.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course you can check if they are there .. If not you can manually copy them over into your standalone..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 16:34 Edited at: 6th Dec 2016 16:43
Hello,

thank You for Your answers

@ Belidos:

Quote: "1. Does the model use a single name_D.dds, name_S.dds, and name_N.dds, with just the _D.dds referenced in the FPE?

Or

2. Is it multiple textures with a blank textured field in the fpe and the textures referenced inside the model itself?"

-->> it is a multiple textures set with a blank textured field in the fpe

and

@ synchromesh:

Quote: "Of course you can check if they are there .. If not you can manually copy them over into your standalone.."

-->> Yes, thats what I already did days ago, when I imported *.tga Textures for Models and recogized, that some were missing.

I would like to find a way, to make GG include them, since I am not sure, when it might come to the point (one day), that all the Ressources are encryped and not attached as an open archiev when You go for publishing (saving as a standalone). Then I would have no chance to include my files, that belong to the Models.

C.U. R.E.Z.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 17:05
As Belido say GG does not support specular/normal in multi-texture model, just _D file, so if you have multi-texture house:

roof_D.dds
walls_D.dds
floor_D.dds
frame_windows_D.dds
frame_door_D.dds
winglass_D.dds

and so on.

I know unwrapp coming quite handy for the perfomance, (at least while it being a mandatory), but I can get many nice efects with just uvmapping, than I can't with unwrapp.

Wonder myself if GG can work multi-textures like texture sheet does, I'm thinking now about 2x2 or 4x4 texture sheet, like Bond1 does with their tv, a sheet containing ie the above dds maps, but into one texture sheet, so the firts row being "roof_D.dds", second row being "walls_D.dds", and so on, so engine knows than it has to apply to my roof the texture sitting in the col1-row1, and so on; so GG work with just one texture like it want, and artist work with more possibilities, and less "unwrapp bothering", and less time to make model. Just my crazzy thoughts.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 17:47
Quote: "Wonder myself if GG can work multi-textures like texture sheet does, I'm thinking now about 2x2 or 4x4 texture sheet, like Bond1 does with their tv, a sheet containing ie the above dds maps, but into one texture sheet, so the first row being "roof_D.dds", second row being "walls_D.dds", and so on, so engine knows than it has to apply to my roof the texture sitting in the col1-row1, and so on; so GG work with just one texture like it want, and artist work with more possibilities, and less "unwrapp bothering", and less time to make model. Just my crazy thoughts. "

Now that would be cool .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:46