Product Chat / GG V1.132. It does not work import models!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 09:05
When importing fbx models and 3ds there hovering. Only one model was able to add and then after a long delay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
FBX importation was something Lee added whilst experimenting but there are so many variations of FBX it was something he needed to get back to later so yes FBX is hit and miss .... 3DS should be pretty stable as long as the poly count isn't over the top ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 12:11
As Syncromesh said, FBX import is only partially implemented, it's more a beta of the feature, Lee has only added the most basic, static features, no animations etc. 3DS import should work fine though.

As to the error message, i'm not sure how it works with other modelling software, but whenever i've had that message it's been because when i export it from blender i have forgotten to highlight and select all parts of the mesh before export and i've created an empty model file by accident. Check to make sure your model has all it's objects in it and nothing's been missed out.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 13:30
Looks like something that would be easier to fix if I'd see it.
Can you send me a sample model that causes an error via PM? I'll then take a look.

Remember: .3ds works but .x is the native format here.
Try not to go overboard on polygons...this might be obvious if you have made real time 3d before, but if you are used to stills and rendered shots, you might not be used to models below 10K polygons.
Remember that its best if your model only has one material and one texture.

-Wolf
Realsalewa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 14:45

Wolf, thank you, I converted a model .X format and imported models have become! Below I attach the model to review.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktb5rl27rhseiz5/For_studying.rar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:17:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:17:17