Off Topic / [LOCKED] Unity functionality and GameGuru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 21:35 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 22:37
@Mouaa
Your assertion that I have cheated folks is really below the belt, for your information I have never claimed to be the best scripter in this thread or anywhere else.But I can usually get a handle on it by dissecting pre made scripts and once I get it together have written many fairly complex ones of my own, even in LUA which was completely new to me when GG fist introduced it. I just don't go around blowing my own trumpet on this fact even when I am proud to achieve something when it comes to scripting. I have spent a great deal of time getting my hands dirty in C# making this all fit together as well now If you had bothered to read through the thread you would find I have never claimed to write all this myself and to be honest it isn't as simple as you say to get your own animations and media working in blueprints or templates for systems created for any engine. I'll help you out with a quote from myself previously.
Quote: "Modified an existing script, their store has been around long enough to have everything you require. Scripters do well on the store with functions being written and accessed right in the inspector, some are relatively expensive but for what you get it is worth it to the end user. They really got it together with some really talented folks, both Artists and Scripters providing the extra eye candy and features you see some folks wanting around here, Unity dev's seem to have used their time providing a core engine that works as it should and the rest is user input."

If I wanted to 'out' myself on any plug ins I have purchased I would have done so myself, same with any other forums I may have joined or participate in, fyi I only created that wip thread because the plug in developer asked me to. I have spent several hundred dollars on assets and making it all work together hasn't been 'easy' at all or as simple as you claim. Particularly for someone new to the engine and the coding language.

Maybe you don''t get it but I am not so free with my 'methods' yet, here or on other boards as I don't want to give too much away about how I am integrating various plug ins to create my game till it is complete then I wouldn't care if the world and his wife used the same process but not till I do it first. I don't mind discussing with other users of Invector how I am using their plug in or even how I am modifying it to my own needs and providing info on how it was done but that has nothing to do with GG, wish it was as simple as you claim and the way you put it comes across to me the same way as someone who puts down a game created in FPSC or GG as 'easy' and a cheat.

Quote: "For the entire character animations, interactions and system he uses the Unity plugin : Third Person Controller from Invector"
You obviously missed the fact that ElHumongo is using its own animset and that Invector has a simple ladder climb and nothing else when it comes to climbing, you also missed out the start where I had my own controller working before I even purchased Invector, get your facts straight before making such assertions.

I get the impression you think you have scored Brownie points with your post but lets face it you don't have credibility till you show something of your own around here.....still waiting
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 22:28 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 22:29
Quote: "Your assertion that I have cheated folks is really below the belt,"

I for one never thought you were trying to cheat anyone.

Quote: "I get the impression you think you have scored Brownie points with your post but lets face it you don't have credibility till you show something of your own around here.....still waiting"

I think we are all still waiting,I also think Mouaa is here just for the windup.

Dave

Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 18th Feb 2017 23:45 Edited at: 18th Feb 2017 23:45
@SmallG
Sorry, i misunderstood and thaught you was refering the coding as you are an heavy LUA coder

@rolfy
Indeed i did not followed your whole thread, i can see you are an already experienced C# coder, and plugins usage is recommended when it is really good , it's less time re inventing the wheel and shorter time to prduction.
I can't show 3D models or level design that is in NDA, but indeed i can make some models and showcase in GG as there is come cool graphics improvments coming.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 00:58
What's that saying, something about it being easier to ask forgiveness?
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 01:35 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 01:47
It is far easier for me to buy up existing systems and tailor them to my needs than try writing the entire code for them. I am pretty far from being an experienced anything when it comes to it I just dabble and my proclivity towards stubbornness and tenacity sometimes sees me through.

Not all systems are compatible with each other and not all systems will work out of the box for your needs, I also intend to tailor everything and if I have to dig into code to make it work then I will give it a go. If I can't do it myself I have folks who can code to fall back on but it is a last resort and so far I haven't had to. Important thing is I try first.

The word 'cheat' was used but in truth you have to do a lot to make it your own, learning as you go, and you can't do it all at once overnight. Just like any game created in GG you will find those who just used whats available and called it a game, well it is a game but what separates the wheat from the chaff is what you did to add to what was already available to use, I have to wonder if you would have said anything if the system was default in Unity

My strengths are in the media and level design and the reason for the thread is to point out some features that GG may need to consider, for example Lee has spoken of the AI update using grounded foot IK. He may or may not have read what I said here about that but that is irrelevant so long as it goes in
If there is anything I feel is missing from Unity or any system designed to use in it then I will bring it up on their forums, not around here.

Point is that I am finding many things I may not have considered till seeing it done elsewhere and I now have a very good idea of the mechanics involved so at least know what I am talking about if I decide to throw an opinion in with what I see as missing or needed in GG with an informed mindset.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 01:47 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 02:00
I have to say Mouaa I'm surprised ....
Every thread you pop up In compares Gfx, Workflow and of course Plugins that you have been preaching are easily obtainable and recommended for Unity and Unreal ... In fact you did it today right here...
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217101?page=3#msg2572475
Then we have Rolfy who actually does use them and you call it cheating undermining everything you have ever posted ..

Rolfy has done some incredible things with Gameguru beyond its limits many times .... He has nothing to prove here ..
We all know his capabilities ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
It isn't really clear if he just meant I had hoodwinked smallg with my scripting abilities ....lol. Poor choice of words though
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 11:42 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 11:52
@Rolfy
Quote: "Not all systems are compatible with each other and not all systems will work out of the box for your needs, I also intend to tailor everything and if I have to dig into code to make it work then I will give it a go. If I can't do it myself I have folks who can code to fall back on but it is a last resort and so far I haven't had to. Important thing is I try first."

Sometimes the plugin doesn't cover enought to your specific needs and this also can be become a problematic. Or there is limitations hidden you only find when using it.

Quote: "The word 'cheat' was used but in truth you have to do a lot to make it your own
"

Indeed i seen you mentionned the horse set and many other things, this is me that didn't follow your whole thread, and it was more adressed to SmallG to tell him he could simply do the same. And you don't need to justify so much , you could have simply said plugins i mentionned was already mentionned in the thread.

I never talked about your 3D work or coding, i only mentionned plugins , i did not bash you on something ? there was no bad intention, only some tips for SmallG. My apologize if you took it as an offense, it was not the goal.

@Syncrhomesh
Quote: "Every thread you pop up In compares Gfx, Workflow and of course Plugins that you have been preaching are easily obtainable and recommended for Unity and Unreal ... In fact you did it today right here...
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217101?page=3#msg2572475"

Because he compared first saying Unreal needs 10 guys to produce something or saying the material editor is complicated.
This is very absurd and only shows he never used Unreal, who Unreal users would not responding him for beeing so absurd ?
It's like someone only eating bananas saying apples are tasting bad without having eating one anytim , it's so absurd to read these comments LOL

But i should be aware it's like that everywhere. People only used one software or have preferences with their own will always bash other software without even used trying to make some game. It happens also in other game software forums 2D or 3D.

I should really avoid even more "off topic" LOL
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 14:26
Quote: "Poor choice of words though "

That boy is the master of poor choise of words.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Yet another thread derailed.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 21:03 Edited at: 19th Feb 2017 21:09
Quote: "Yet another thread derailed."

I can tidy it up if you want it put back before it went off track ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't really care anymore and finding this forum hard going these days, it's like trying to rationalize with a petulant three year old.

Just lock it.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 21:45
Whats wrong with the entire forum now?
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 22:14
Keep posting Rolfy it will soon get back on track,I have enjoyed watching your progress with unity

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 02:22 Edited at: 20th Feb 2017 02:39
Quote: "Whats wrong with the entire forum now?"
Getting tired of seeing too many threads hijacked and derailed these days, certain folks seem to be in just about every thread repeating the same things over and over and it's tedious. I am getting thin on patience and likely to get myself banned if I speak my mind so best just to move on.

Please just lock it, I will take this somewhere more suited to the subject.

If and when I ever do anything in GameGuru again I will come back and post around here.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 04:19
Locked at OP's request.

Don't let these people doing this bring you down. Your accomplishments in this engine are beyond words.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 16:39
Just a little note here.

If you (as a Member of this Community) are found to be incessantly derailing threads, inciting anger, or other violations of the AUP (which is listed here); you will be dealt with accordingly, to include a temporary or permanent ban from the Forums here.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:00:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:00:51