Scripts / Jet Set Radio Future Online

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 08:07 Edited at: 8th Nov 2016 08:21
Heyo !
I'm searching for a script that can make something like a Jet Set Radio game where the skater grinds on rails. Anyone have one ? can someone make me one ? this would be for making a free JSRF fangame with GameGuru ! only if i can get that script though cos the game is based on that.
i recently got an email from SEGA okaying me to make a fangame of JSRF and i have already started one found here:
https://www.facebook.com/JetSetRadioFutureGraffitiSoul/
Here's a vid of the actual game im trying to put into GameGuru:

and yeah im trying to put this JSRF online as a multiplayer online game too
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Nov 2016 08:27 Edited at: 8th Nov 2016 08:29
You have posted this in the multiplayer section of the forum, so i'm going to go ahead and assume you want to make a multiplayer game, and that you are looking for a script for said multiplayer game.

I'm afraid i have bad news for you. The multplayer system in GameGuru does not work the same as the single player system in GameGuru. You cannot run custom scripts in GameGuru mutliplayer, with multiplayer it's basically sculpt and paint the terrain, add buildings, secnery, and items, add spawn points for the teams, run it and fight.

Besides, what you want to do might be very difficult to do in any engine, this wouldn't just be a script, this would be custom animations, and multiple scripts, just to get basic functionality in any engine.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 18:44 Edited at: 15th Nov 2016 18:45
got to be honest and say that GG is not the tool for this game, it would be almost impossible to do the skating part as there's no collision feedback or anything that i can think of that would help make it work... maybe somewhen in the distant future but being realistic i would recommend you look into other engines for your project
edit; this is without even thinking about multiplayer.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 17:04
I can't think of a way to make a skateboarding game akin to this in GG and I tend to be able to think far out of the box when it comes to work arounds.
I agree with smallG that you'd be best off looking into a different engine.

-Wolf
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 17:33
I agree.

Making the character skate wouldn't be a problem, that's just animations in the 3rd person model, replace the walk and run animation with skating animations. But getting the character to skate on entities and zip down railings etc just isn't going to happen in gameguru, you need all kinds of collision detection, gravitycontrol, and physics that gameguru just doesn't have. Even other engines it's going to be hard to do, it will take a good deal of scripting to get even the basics working.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:43:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:43:02