Product Chat / Terrain creation and Texturing. AI movement on non-terrain surfaces???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 16:37
We have been waiting for years for a number of important GG feature improvements.

1) An increase in the number paintable textures in GG. I picked-up a copy of the most recent Trainz system which uses the same type of terrain editing tools, but offers dozens of texture painting choices, allowing for the creation of very colorful and realistic terrains. Where do we stand on increasing these textures?

2) In Reloaded, there was a very good Random terrain creation feature, which produced great looking terrains. Today, the random setting simply produces an ugly non-realistic terrain. When will this earlier terrain creation system be put back into GG?

(note) I have a copy of Reloaded 9, and have found that I can use a random creation .FPM file in Game Guru. Still this feature should be returned to GG.

3) Where are we in the ability of AI characters to function on non-terrain surfaces?

Thanks
"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The Community votes in the features .... Ai overhaul is next after the Easy Build Editor .... Have you been voting ?

https://www.game-guru.com/feature-vote

https://www.game-guru.com/feature-vote/results
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 17:53
Quote: "The Community votes in the features .... Ai overhaul is next after the Easy Build Editor .... Have you been voting ?"

With a bit of luck they will both come at the same time.no good building a 2 hight level in BBE if enemy can't follow.Time will tell .

Dave
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 18:53 Edited at: 5th Nov 2016 18:54
Quote: "With a bit of luck they will both come at the same time.no good building a 2 hight level in BBE if enemy can't follow.Time will tell ."

Although I agree bots on all levels would have to be incorporated for both the EBE would have to be finished first to implement it ..
So we had just as well have it to play with when it is complete then let Lee get on with the AI
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 06:23:12
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 06:23:12