Product Chat / Game guru updates - Lee B?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 21:21
Hi Lee and all, I have spent a good part of a day updating all my assets into new folders. Why you ask?!
Now I can see on updates a few areas get updated and can override these changes.

Is it possible to have an option to only update areas you want like the app system core files and not all the entities, script, folder structure, etc?

So steam will offer this option and a list of which items need to be updated for best performance as I don't want to keep changing this each time. I know I can rename and make new folders for the older version but have reconfigured loads of scripts, AI's, models, textures, etc.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Steam does not offer this, I think. But I know your problem and my solution is a complete copy of the hole game guru files and I just copy over all files excluded the files folder. I know this need a lot of space, but I need a development area without any updates which can cause errors, for my game.

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 07:03:27
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 07:03:27