Work In Progress / Slam Raccoon (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey GG forums! So I am happy to share my next game after I finish Shoota-Man 5. Slam Raccoon will be my 2017 game project for my studio on Game Guru. I have already made a very rushed put together test level and I wanted to share it with you guys and get your thoughts.

Now big thanks to Disturbing 13 here on the forums for the "Crash Pack" that he made available.

Now what is Slam Raccoon? Well basically this game idea came from the Crash Pack and the fact that I want to make a platformer game with this engine. Since the Crash pack is like a off brand Crash Bandicoot only the model looks more like a raccoon I decided it be very fun to make a Crash "Style" game. Basically the game would be self aware that it is a rip-off but I also want to do some of my own ideas to the game that would make it stand on it's own. I want to put multiple levels, with different settings like the basic platforming levels we all know (like, fire, ice, desert, water levels).

Below I have some pics and a video demonstrating what I would be doing. Now like I said at the beginning, this test level was put together super quick just to get the ideas. Obviously the full game will be fleshed out and polished. I just wanted to get some feedback from the community.

Test Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj3yIgm2BMU
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 05:33
hey, nice animations on that racoon
but forreal nice to see people using this in a game
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 09:11
Quote: "hey, nice animations on that racoon
but forreal nice to see people using this in a game"

Indeed! Great job! So nice to see this getting use.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 01:15 Edited at: 1st Nov 2016 01:16
I'm always for diversity and remember well enjoying this kind of game back in PSX days Your game looking way more advanced of course!

Small criticism would be the neon green being so dominant in all the screenshots. I think some playing around with the sliders can improve this a lot on the edges.

I also appreciate you following the forum guidelines for the w.i.p. ...its a lost art.

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:47:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:47:29