Product Chat / Steam Payment Method

Author
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:06
Hello. I just have to ask a quick little question, because what I have just noticed on the store confuses me.
I do not know how long this has been going on (because I do not check to store that frequently), but I can't use Steam to pay for store items, and I know that nobody else can. I just have to ask, why did this happen? Is this forever? I do not know if I missed something posted on here about it, explaining why this happened, but if someone can tell me why this decision was made for the store, then I will greatly appreciate it. Because if the only payment method is now credit card, I probably won't buy anything from the store again (which sucks, because there is some good stuff coming out). I have always used steam for payment, so this kinda bummed me out. Can anyone tell me why?
PM
slender1200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:18
Okay, so I just found a "explanation" for the credit card only...I still don't get it, can someone please tell me what "No longer will we be accepting Steam Wallet as a payment method as I have no relationship with Steam or requirement to use their gateway." even means?
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:25
It means the store is no longer directly affiliated with TGC, which means it no longer falls under the steam agreement had with TGC requiring being able to use steam wallet.The store would need to enter a new agreement with steam to offer steam wallet, however steam gets 30% of each sales for doing absolutely nothing, unless there is a drastic change and demand for steam wallet. It's not going to happen.

To be honest good riddance, it ended up costing the artists and TGC quite a bit in lost revenue.
Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
slender1200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:31
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
PM
slender1200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:39
My friend just said that he is probably going to make a video on this, it probably won't end well...
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 22:44 Edited at: 21st Oct 2016 22:46
You can use Paypal to purchase stuff.

A more detailed explanation can be obtained at the new store forum site.
https://www.tgcstore.net/forum
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 23:11 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2016 02:18
As I understand it the new store owner can't use Steam Wallet even if he wanted, since the store doesn't qualify as a product which is a Steam requirement for using their payment system.

But anyhow use PayPal - it is way better and Faster than steam Wallet in my experience.

Once you have purchased using PayPal you can use the 'Pay with existing PayPal' option the next time which is extremely fast!
Not only that but you get to support the people who make the media you buy, rather than feeding the Steam juggernaut, who don't care at all about the hard working artists.

By the way, if your friend is going to make a video about it make sure they tell the world how Steam rips off the artists who spend hours creating the products as well. Heck, even if they took 10 percent it would be too much, because they do absolutely nothing for it - period.

Reliquia...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As I understand it the new store owner can't use Steam Wallet even if he wanted, since the store doesn't qualify as a product which is a Steam requirement for using their payment system."

That's spot on .... Even if Jason wanted to he couldn't .... I agree Paypal is better anyway ....
You can transfer funds into your paypal via your bank account ... you don't actually need a credit card to do that .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
slender1200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 20:26
Alright, for some reason I just decided to use a card, and I get "Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.", the URL says "success", so did it go through?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 20:29
Quote: "Alright, for some reason I just decided to use a card, and I get "Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.", the URL says "success", so did it go through?"

You would get a much better response if you used the store forums than you would here. The store is no longer owned or run by GameGuru, so they can't really help you here.

https://www.tgcstore.net/forum

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " so did it go through?"

Try hitting store download to see if it downloads ..
But Belidos is right...This should be in the store section if you have a store issue ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 20:38
Quote: "Alright, for some reason I just decided to use a card, and I get "Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.", the URL says "success", so did it go through?"

We had a few reports of this, it was a technical fault with the payment confirmation page. Your order still processed correctly just the page letting you know it completed failed to load. It is now fixed.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 06:43:06
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 06:43:06