Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 12:07
I've added a set of 12 zombies to the store (6 basic types, with an armed and an unarmed version). I used Makehuman for the base mesh, so they're a bit cheaper than they would otherwise have been. They use custom scripts (thanks smallg for helping with an annoying issue), but can be made to work with the stock zombie scripts, with some modifications (the ai_fastzombie script, for example, doesn't only use csi animations, it calls for specific frames, which you'll need to change). Apparently Lee is improving the zombie AI, and if the improvement is significant, I might edit the models to use the stock script.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 12:31
Cool ,made me trigger happy just watching .

Dave
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 09:10
@granada - the ragdoll physics makes a big difference to the combat. During testing, one of the zombies did a spectacular forward somersault, ending up face down, on its knees, arms stretched behind it. I haven't been able to do that again, but with ragdoll, anything can happen.

Smallg gave the script a once over, and made a few tweaks, so they should behave a little better now (I've updated the store models).
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 15:23
They looks quite agressive, nice one Gtox and Smallg.
Can I use some of them as 3rd person?, if not, just a idea for the next release.
I know 3rd person feature is unfinished yet, so I can't wait a perfect 3rd person guy.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 15:49
I haven't tried them in 3rd person - MXS had a thread about that, so you could have a look there https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216018
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
They look like ticked off people, not zombies. But good job none the less.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 15:11 Edited at: 24th Oct 2016 15:35
@Jackalhead - lol I knew that would come up, as modern zombies seem to have guts spilling out all over the place, missing jaws etc. I felt that more normal looking zombies that behave aggressively (eg 28 days later, World war Z, even I am legend) are far scarier than gory zombies that amble towards you at snail's pace. They also don't exist, so you can make them look however you want
edit - the screenshot I use at the start of the thread probably doesn't do them justice. Here's a better one.
another edit - if there's a call for it, I could easily add some retextures with more gunk/growths/discoloration on the skin.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 16:41
Is it me, or do the last 2 zombies you posted look remarkably unsettling. Almost like a terrible failed embryo of something. I mean, thats good for horror themed enemies, but these really rub me the wrong way!

Keep it up!
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 18:27
@Wolf - I was going for an uncanny valley/inbred hillbilly sort of effect, glad to see it worked.
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 19:48 Edited at: 24th Oct 2016 20:03
Ya when I see those guys even in the new pic, I dont think zombie even 28 days later. I think The Hills have Eyes etc. Still good though. The guy on the right kind of looks like I am Legend, but the skin is to pink. Pale him up and Ya got it. I am legend was vampires. I am legend was a remake of the vampire flick Omega Man..... Monster Fan I Am.
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 20:32
Never occurred to me that they were vampires - just assumed they were zombies. Makes sense, since they couldn't go out in daylight. Haven't heard of The Omega Man. Any good?
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 13:45 Edited at: 25th Oct 2016 13:52
If your a Heston fan, really good. I dont recall actually seeing any vampirism happening in the movie, but its been years and my memory is crap. But I do remember that they couldnt go out in the light and wore black robes. And had the classic vampire eyes. So I lean toward a vamp flick.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
really can't take any credit for these, i just answered a few questions, all Gtox's hard work here
Quote: "They look like ticked off people, not zombies. But good job none the less."

but there's already lots of zombies anyway so it's nice to have something a bit different and you could definitely use these as more of the new viral outbreak before the real (visually) zombies come in the later levels.
as for 'I am legend' being vampires... didn't even question that they're not zombies because there's just so many zombie films at the time etc but now that you point it out it makes much more sense for them to be vampires.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:21:59