Product Chat / Expansion Pack DLC - Problems with Ilumination maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 21:48 Edited at: 14th Oct 2016 21:52
Hello,

I just did setup Test-Levels, using the contend of the Expansion Pack DLC (from the folder "Metro Theater" and "WW2").
I put the Entities with an Ilumniation layer inside my level, set at the Shader Options the "Entity Shader" to "Highest" to activate the Ilumination (like it usually works) ... but noting happend.

Please take a look to the items. I think, the reason might be, the naming of the textures?
F.e. the "Lobby Wall Light" ("Metro Theater"):
Lobby Wall Light.fpe reads: "textured = milkglasslight_d2.dds"
but theere is no milkglasslight_I2.dds, only milkglasslight_I.dds.

Might be I misunderstood something, or did something wrong?
I created Ilumination maps for other contend on my own. seweral times. It all worked finally out the way, I wanted to set it up in GG.

Please do also take a closer look at the Normal maps and Ilumination maps. Some maps seemed to be somehow mixed up "Metro Theater":
F.e. the Noraml and Ilumination Maps of the Ladies Sign,
the Noraml and Ilumination Maps Gentlemen Sign and
the Noraml and Ilumination Maps Exit Sign.

With the iluminated contend from WW2 Folder I experienced similar problems, that the ilumination did not work.

Did someone experience something similar?
Or might it be my mistake?
Please do let me know.

I am really amazed of all this contend and want to use it inside my Levels.
That is really great contend

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2016 22:24
In the FPE file of these objects, change the _d2 to just _d in the texture call.

Entity Shaders needs to be set on high, raise the ambient level to around 50.

The _I map is not quite right in my opinion. There is alpha thru out the whole texture instead of just the lighted parts.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 09:26 Edited at: 15th Oct 2016 09:37
Hello Pirate Mike,

thank You for Your answer and help

Quote: "In the FPE file of these objects, change the _d2 to just _d in the texture call.
"
-->> Yes that is how I did it.

Only if the files are called:

texturename_D.tga
texturename_I.tga

or

texturename_D.dds
texturename_I.dds

it works fine

But wont work this way:

texturename_D2.dds
texturename_I.dds

Quote: "Entity Shaders needs to be set on high, raise the ambient level to around 50."

-->> Thats how I did it

Quote: "The _I map is not quite right in my opinion. There is alpha thru out the whole texture instead of just the lighted parts."

-->> Yes, that is how I experienced it, too.

It makes f.e. the "Foyer Lamp" lightened up at all the metal and the glass stays dark. The ilumnation parts are black and all the backround is transparent. But the Ilumination parts have to be white, and what is not iluminated is to be black. That way it works.
Also the shape of the Ilumination for the "Lobby Sign" in my opinion is somehow wrong.

Please might it be possible, that the author of these files may thake a close look at how the Ilumination Files are looking like, which are the Normal Maps and also Specular.
That would be great

Best Regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 13:16
To be honest, all those classic assets were mass converted. The minimal files were included so the download would not be 6gb for all the stuff.

When I use assets that I have not made, I make a duplicate and redo all the textures the way I need them.
Including adding the missing maps. I prefer to use the shaders in Game Guru and is why I check each asset that I want to use.

The classic shaders from Bond1 for the Metro Theater had there own shaders with that pack. Unfortunately Game Guru works a bit different and these textures will need to be adjusted.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 18:52 Edited at: 15th Oct 2016 18:57
Hello,

@ Pirate Myke:

thank You for Your answer and the time You took for my issue

Quote: "When I use assets that I have not made, I make a duplicate and redo all the textures the way I need them."

-->> I do the same for assets, that I want to modyfy to my needs.

Quote: "To be honest, all those classic assets were mass converted. The minimal files were included so the download would not be 6gb for all the stuff."

-->> Okay. I could have dealt with the 6GB -->> Would there be a way to receive the original Files before the mass conversion?

Quote: "Including adding the missing maps. I prefer to use the shaders in Game Guru and is why I check each asset that I want to use."

-->> I do also check each asset, I am planning to use.

Okay, I understood, so far there is no plan to update these files, that I referr to.
So I gota modyfiying and adjusting on my own for these files.

It is really great contend and such alot

Thank You for Your help,
Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 11:50
For more of the maps Teabone converted a bunch of classic stuff.
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214790
You may find he has already made the rest of the maps for them.

TGC made a decision early on from user feed back, that the downloads were to big and took to long to download.
I dont mind the big download, but I also dont mind editing the textures either.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 18:10 Edited at: 16th Oct 2016 20:35
Some of the shaders for the Metro Theatre look and work great in GG but were not included in the GG compile, probably for the reason mentioned above. If I'm allowed I could fix all those for anyone and include those original bond1 shaders? They look and work great in GG.

A completely new shader will have to be made however for the Viral Outbreak character Medusa. Since the original shader for that does not seem to work in GG. Not sure if GG supports animated shaders like that yet.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 18:47 Edited at: 16th Oct 2016 18:51
Hello,

@ Teabone:

I do really like the Expansion Pack DLC
Very great work and time You must have put in there
Great collection of very rocking contend.

I experienced the mentioned problems with some ilumination issues.
Especially for the Packs "Metro Theater" and "WWII".

Might it be possible, to receive the original texture-files?
That would be very helpful.

Quote: "If I'm allowed I could fix all those for anyone and include those original bond1 shaders? They look and work great in GG."

-->> This sounds good to me

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 20:35 Edited at: 16th Oct 2016 20:38
Quote: "Very great work and time You must have put in there "

For the Expansion Pack DLC, that has a number of people involved in the contributions there. So I definitely can't take full credit for that. I did however help with the WWII statics and Metro Theatre stuff. So I'll see what I can do with maybe making a patch for download on freetoronto.org/gameguru.html

I did notice some illumination maps missing from the original resource I was putting together. For example the Androids in the Sci-Fi pack I made it so their eyes and lights on them glow at night or in dark places.

Think I might have to make a big patch download for some of the missing content and fixes. Keep in mind there is also over 300 assets from the FPSC not included in the Expansion Pack DLC. You can currently pick them up at the same link i posted above.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 19:04 Edited at: 17th Oct 2016 19:04
Hello,

@ Teabone:
Quote: "So I'll see what I can do with maybe making a patch for download on"

-->> Thank You That would be very great

Best regards,
R.E.Z.