Product Chat / Gaming Ideas

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 18:09 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2016 20:01
Hi guys, I just want to share some gaming ideas overtime that may help or lead to new game development. I do hope the community will contribute too.

Okay, let started with the first one

TIN TOY WARS

Not sure this has been done before but would make a great game.

THE GAME

Tin toy wars is set in the early 20th century era when tin toys production really started to get of the ground and manufactures spread across the glob.
First starting oranglly in Germany.

It is a fight across the world between manufactures of the time, manufacturing only stops to support the war effort during the first and second world war... or does it!

The only way to beat your competition is to send your tin toys on their way. They fight to the death, hit, banging, bending, smashing, crush, melt and blow the funk up. By whatever means necessary to defeat your enemy.

Fact - We already know they drop toy model paratroopers with sparking noisy toy guns during the second world war to confuse the Germans while the real para's drop in other locations... who was the manufacturer?

The battle may have just started, but are your tin toys going to win the war?

You start out by being dropped behind enemy lines not so far away from the factory. You will have to do some reconnaissance (recon) then report back to HQ.
Will you need assistance from the air force?
Have you ever flown a tin plane before?
Will it be tank command your need to call? Don't forget to wind it up!
Maybe you like to fight solo and all you have is a jeep and rifle, but for how long. - You hit a land mine and manage to exit the vehicle. In the mean time...

Colonel - "Back on you feet soldier and attack that structure, NOW!"
Pvt - "But sir I need backup."
Colonel - "Pvt, You should have thought of that while you was on the line to HQ."
Colonel - "Now sun, get marching and bring me back some scrap metal before I put you on jankers for the rest of your life."

Sorry about that, just getting into the role a little! lol Back to business.

So each battle is in another country. You have to choose which country to start before you enter the game, then the maps will be assigned accordantly. Now do your job...

Will you be able to unlock the latest model before your next battle?

etc, etc, etc.

So I think you get the idea. You can find models across the net. Some with rigs and even animation.

What's stopping you???
Answers on a postcard addressed to Louis Marx and Company lol

TIN TOYS

Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Air cooled

Laptop - M17xR3

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 19:16 Edited at: 1st Oct 2016 19:17
love the concept would love to see the models.
i imagine texturing would be fun to get an authentic look to them but
great idea. was thinking about this myself and plastic soldiers ect or even old wooden toys.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 20:29
As simple as it gets for what I like to see people tackle: Fantasy and RPG Games tackling other mythology than the western fair. There is so much to borrow from all around the world. Even small islands have their own folklore that can be inflated into fantasy universes, let alone entire continents.

-Wolf
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 18:35 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2016 18:57
True, this is what Pixar did for tin toy. You may notice it looks a lot more plastic than metal and also the shine / reflection is very high. I guess older era tin toys were not so shiny.

Also take a look at these Tin Toys Part II

Part III - Make a racing game out of these or maybe a construction game or what ever.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Air cooled

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 19:15 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2016 19:16
nice links, love the piston one .
amazing for its age. the motor bikes
are real cool.
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 20:10 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2016 20:12
You could have a different style for each level. Maybe have WWII for one level. Then a tin racing game for the next and so on. Just like the image below but bigger and maybe even change to top down for the level.

Laptop - M17xR3

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I think the name as just " Tin Toys " would suit the game perfectly ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 02:44 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2016 03:27
Hi guys, this maybe another one. Over that last few years, we have noticed indie games are really going back to the basic. Less really seems to be more. Not just 3D but 2D too, anything to keep your mind thinking and actively part of the game. We love them all, even if they are a little wacky and someone had to be on drugs to even conceive of them.

The next idea just popped into my head one day and is a little crazy too.

Why not combine 2D with 3D. We all liked making paper planes and origami. I remember even my sister cutting out human figures and clothing from magazines and interchanging their clothing.

The idea is to make paper figures that fight each other. Some could burn upon the death or get wet, then falls over into a mush of wet paper gunk. You could have paper plans you fly and bomb cities / towns with screwed up paper. Just like you did with a BiC pen and crewed soggy wet paper from exercise books at school… The poor man’s pea shooter

Any origami figures you choose.

I can see paper soldiers getting blown away when you flicking a switch of a desktop fan. Just think what you could do with a box of swan matches. Who remembers the bolt bombs you could make with them. How about the paper caps you used in your toy cap gun. Maybe they could be used as land mines, all going off in a row.

I can just imagine the opening scene. You zoom into the children’s paper theatre just as the curtains open. You are drawn in until the stage becomes the gaming world. Whatever your theme will be, it will still have a great opening and sold out tickets.

Just think of the real simple silhouettes you could make for the dark forest at night and the moonlight shining through. The depth would be so cool and great for kids to either join in or play. Will the figures have strings, pencils or just card moving them around
The modelling would be so much easier to make and changing textures too.

Could it be a murder mystery? Maybe Punch really did kill Judy or did he? He may need to prove his innocence but at every turn he is hunted. He still has his club to bash everyone over the head with.

Quote: "The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast - Oscar Wilde"

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 04:58 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2016 05:09
how about this
http://www.theeclecticabode.com/images/uploaded/z616.JPG

http://transport-models.com.s3.amazonaws.com/1085.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6176/6140285539_95fbb813d6_b.jpg

http://broadsides.me.uk/models/04%20Atlantean%20Bus.jpg

http://www.corlustmeccanoclub.co.uk/images/tom/Toms%20Meccano%20Spider.jpg

http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/272353082031_/Meccano-Model-Red-Arrows.jpg

my favourite as a boy endless possibility using meccano,
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 09:43 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2016 09:51
Loads of fun. I don't know if you remember these which was a German / Austrian company that made wooden construction kits - matador.
This is a pdf of some of the models. They were around before lego started their Technical Sets in the late 70's technic lego. I remember when they started to hit the schools in the 80's and used in CDT (carft, design and technology) departments. - Woodwork, metalwork and technical drawing.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
No dont remember them . but looks cool
i only go back to the 60s. lol more Scalextric action man Gi-jo and space hoppers and strech armstrong ect lol.
and of course one of these babies http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle1164/picture4217
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 21:11 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2016 21:27
HI guys, next idea.

NASA SPACE RATS!

Not too far in the near future 2743 AD we evolved into space explorers. We finally made contact with alien life just over 75 years ago. They were a friendly race who is a lot like us but not so ready to fight new species they have just met. They have learned from their mistakes in the past not to just jump in out of fear. They have taught us a lot from space travel, technology, who to keep away from and not make the same mistakes they did. They have nearly been wiped out a few times. They are now just traveling through space looking for a new home as there planets are too harsh, toxic and overrun with creatures they had never seen before.

It is now star date 75:123 yerns (our date system changed due to first contact and a shift in planetary movement of our solar system and the Milky Way. Our years are now 383 days long)

Our good alien friends have moved on many yerns ago with our best wishes. We hope they find a nice quiet place to settle down.

NASA was not really around when we made first contact with this alien race. In fact, NASA is not what is used to be. They now don’t exist. They made quite a few mistakes and were abolished by the new world leaders. One of the biggest cover-ups was the animal testing that only now has been uncovered. They did tests on many animals to find liveable restraints to radiation poisoning, etc. Their intentions were good to start and they had a lot of funding. Some of their work was ground-breaking and pushed many boundaries with great results. NASA even gave us a cure to many forms of cancer, space-sickness and muscle deterioration. NASA helped prolong the life of victims who had long exospore to radiation. This was all great except for one thing. They took it too far!

SPACE RATS! That’s right SPACE RATS!

All this testing and not knowing when to stop lead to a growth in cell regeneration which at the time they thought they would be able to control and use to prolong human life. But with bad decision making, leadership and lack of funding which was due to global economics the project was abandoned. These scientists were also silent.
All that was left was this NASA space station floating in space originally on auto pilot directed at the Sun. The idea behind this was for it to burn-up on reaching the sun and not re-entering earth's atmosphere and possibly causing harm. It was the cheaper option at the time. The cost to disassemble the space station in a safe way was huge!

What we could not have known at the time was the shift in the Milky Way and the impact this would have on the space station. It travelled all the way to our good alien friend’s planet over many years / yerns. In the meantime, with exospore to the radiation and the unknown elements of the cosmos, most of the animals died as you would expect. However, some thrived!

Those little rodents being so resistant to all the testing from NASA actually saved their life’s and helped them to evolve into what they are today. SPACE RATS!

They travelled many solar systems before they landed on our friend’s planet and making it their own. They have finally outgrown our friends and each planet they have visited next. Now they are back! Ready to invade us! We have no option but to fight!

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 22:33
Hi all, I was just wondering if any of you have some crazy idea for new games?

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2016 19:37 Edited at: 20th Nov 2016 19:47
The next idea

I have an idea; you are a retired British Secret Intelligence MI5 officer. You have been taken out of early retirement and called in for your expertise in corporate counter-intelligence. You will be working closely with other MI departments including MI6.

The British government is looking to make a deal with a large arms technology corporation (corp) worth billions of pounds. This deal will give the corp access and an inside look to the running of most government departments. The deal will bring British technology up to date from arms to surveillance equipment. This is the biggest deal in decades.

You have been informed from an old colleague about the possibly of this deal should NOT go forward. It is your job is to find out why and if what he has said is true. You colleague has told you that they have many links to terrorist organizations and may even be sponsor and back by a few.

You will have to travel the world working your way in to the corp organization(s), gain their trust and find any evidence you can to back these accusations up.

You just need to ask yourself a few questions.

Can you trust this old colleague?
Are these accusations even true?
Are there other countries behind this and to what degree are they involved?
Is someone just trying to derail the deal?
Is your county in real danger if this deal goes ahead?
Will this all be uncovered in time?

Time will tell!
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 06:59:23
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 06:59:23