Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 02:09 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2016 02:12
Hello guys, I'm in the middle of making a scifi set for Game-Guru and finished my 3rd model for it being sold in the store soon. I plan to make a good amount of variants with different colors later. Let me know what you guys think!

And more:

http://imgur.com/a/UWot7
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 13:45
Really cool! I like your clean style.

Is it a hover car?

-Wolf
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 13:59
looking really good..

harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 14:49
This fits my project, so I'm down.
Looks great, btw, nice texturing/modelling.
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys thanks for the comments! I was looking for a flying car design (there's thrusters on the sides, bottom, top and front for this reason).
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 17:36
Hi, looks great. Will it animated the windscreen to get in?
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Air cooled

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@gd sorry I don't know how to animate at the moment . The door and car are separate meshes and I plan to make an open version some day.

This is a basic concept on how it will open:
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 19:50
Nice one AngelTheKiller!

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks 3com!
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 20:41
Nice hover car!
Quote: "@gd sorry I don't know how to animate at the moment . The door and car are separate meshes and I plan to make an open version some day. "

If all you need is a simple open and close animation I wouldn't mind helping out if you want.Just send me a PM
PM
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the offer mguy1122 I really appreciate it but since I'm selling the model and don't want to make sales off of someone too I should just try to learn how to do it myself and learn how to put it in game guru. Thanks for the offer though.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 01:28 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2016 01:34
Quote: "Thanks for the offer mguy1122 I really appreciate it but since I'm selling the model and don't want to make sales off of someone too I should just try to learn how to do it myself and learn how to put it in game guru. Thanks for the offer though."

I didn't mind helping you on something you're selling(it only take about 5 minutes if your model is grouped correctly) but it is good to learn yourself. A door animation is pretty straightforward. You throw a bone running along the inside of your door and then assign it to your door. In the program I use (milkshape) you have to attach a joint or bone to the main part of the model too to keep it from rotating with the door. Then you set the first frame point of animation with the door closed, the second frame point with the door open, and the third frame point closed again. You can just copy the first animation and paste it so it closes exactly how it opens. The open animation would be about 30 frames and so would the close. Watch a few youtube videos and you should be able to pull it off.Once you get it down its easy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 06:23 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2016 06:27
You don't need bones for a non-character entity to animate, you can just use standard key frame recording. In fact if I remember right, using boned in an entity that isn't using the character fx shader can cause scaling and lightmapping issues.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 16:17
Quote: "You don't need bones for a non-character entity to animate, you can just use standard key frame recording. In fact if I remember right, using boned in an entity that isn't using the character fx shader can cause scaling and lightmapping issues."

I don't know about blender but with milkshape you can't get anything to animate at all without at least attaching it to a joint and I've never run into any of those issues . I guess it just depends on the program you're using
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 16:57
Quote: "I don't know about blender but with milkshape you can't get anything to animate at all without at least attaching it to a joint and I've never run into any of those issues . I guess it just depends on the program you're using"

If i remember right (i do mix up multiple topic into one from time to time lol) it was a quite a big topic issue a while back, someone had issues where when he scaled an object in the editor it scaled fine until he lightmapped, then it would revert to a different size or something like that, Lee investigated and found it was because the entity had bones and was using the basic entity fx and recommended not adding bones to non character entities. Not sure if it was something that was fixed, or if it was still an issue though.

I don't know how Milkshape works, never tried it. But in Blender you can do animations without bones, you set the part that moves as a separate object in the same model, then on the timeline you create a keyframe that records the position of the objects, move to the point where you want the animation to end on the timeline, then move the objects to where they should end up at the end of the animation, and save a keyframe, then blender works out what happens between the keyframes, and you can fine tine it via changing markers on a graph.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 17:41 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2016 17:42
I remember that problem back when this was still fps reloaded although it wasn't limited to animated models. Anything you upscaled in fpe would revert back to the normal size it was in the modeling program Even if you just saved the level and then opened it again. That was about the time I started messing with importing game models. That was fixed many updates ago but the static models had nothing to do with bones(they didn't have any) as far as the animated models I slightly remember lee's post but I'm assuming it's fixed because it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. I will have to go back and dig through the forums to find it.
Anyway I don't want to hijack AngelTheKiller's model page so I will quit yapping
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 17:56
Quote: "I remember that problem back when this was still fps reloaded although it wasn't limited to animated models."

That was a different issue, this one was a lot more recent, i was never here while it was FPSC:R, it couldn't have been before this time last year.

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 12:46
That is a really nice clean model, it definitely looks great as a flying vehicle as well as a road vehicle. One thing you might think about, when I first saw it I thought that it might be something that went through a tube. Well Done.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
First version if finally up in the store. I've also made multiple colors but I cannot upload it until the new store takes affect. Thanks for all the nice words and help guys, I really appreciate it! Will be hard making new versions now since I started college

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:00:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:00:18