Product Chat / Gameguru download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
If I buy GG license from steam, will I get a download link other than steam. I am unable to run steam client, every time I run it, it keep downloading and installing updates. I can't fight with it anymore.

Thank you

Your Signature Here;
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi,
If I buy GG license from steam, will I get a download link other than steam. I am unable to run steam client, every time I run it, it keep downloading and installing updates. I can't fight with it anymore. "

Unfortunately no ....
GameGuru is only available via steam as its constantly updated and requires steam for Multiplayer ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 14:48
you can run GG from its exe file without starting steam if this is any help (but you still need to download it from steam in the first place)
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem is I can't run steam at all. It always keep updating. Tried many ways (available online) to solve but nothing worked. Still I am gonna buy GG license and see if someday it works.

Your Signature Here;
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 15:27
Sounds like something is broken with your Steam client install, I suggest you uninstall Steam, delete any Steam directories in Program Files and clear the registry of Steam entries then download fresh from the website and install again.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The problem is I can't run steam at all. It always keep updating. Tried many ways (available online) to solve but nothing worked. Still I am gonna buy GG license and see if someday it works."

I agree with " The Next " it does sound like a client issue ...
Reseting your Router also is always worth a try .... What Windows are you running ?
PM
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
windows 7 32bit. I uninstalled it completely and removed registry also. I will reinstall it tomorrow and see what happens.

Your Signature Here;
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok keep us posted ....We will help all we can
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2016 23:08 Edited at: 17th Sep 2016 23:09
Use an uninstaller called Revo, http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html. It scowers the drive for anything left behind as Steam may not fully be uninstalled.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2016 12:32
MadLad Designs is right I have used this for software that isn't doing what it is supposed to and I needed to clear it from my system, it really does a great job. Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom though, to get the free version.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't installed the client yet but bought it. Now when I noticed the download size of GG, 4GB , even if I manage to run steam client I won't be able to download it . Lets wait fo another day .

Your Signature Here;
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Now when I noticed the download size of GG, 4GB , even if I manage to run steam client I won't be able to download it . Lets wait fo another day ."

You never mentioned size or download..... Just steam problems updating....
4 gig is pretty small for an engine .... And in the next update your getting another 2.5 gig of free assets turning it to around 6.5 gig ...
Although these maybe optional...
PM
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, problem is steam update not size. I just noticed the size today. 4GB is big for me because net is slow so absolutely not possible to download that size.

Your Signature Here;
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:09:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:09:48