Product Chat / Idea for game launcher

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For the WIP Ragnar Alpha that I am working on.

I like playing Elite Dangerous and had an idea.
The game launcher.
If I could make something like this with GG it would awesome fun.

I could have all the stats for the game in the Game Launcher.
Select Game title from list and then play the game form the launcher.
All the score, values, high score etc, could be on here.

Problem is.
How is it possible to make GG have a smaller play screen.
The play screen size would have to be around 700 pxl by 500 pxl.
I have tried making the title screen smaller but that doesn't work. But it was fun.

Does any one have any idea how this could be done.

(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. AOC 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How is it possible to make GG have a smaller play screen."

It isn't.

Quote: "The play screen size would have to be around 700 pxl by 500 pxl."

On your screen maybe, but not everyone runs at the same res. You would have to make it work for any res.

As I haven't played Elite Dangerous I am not sure what you mean here though. You can always have a border with a simple sprite or plain, but it won't reduce the actual screen in reality.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 00:25
I'm playing the Alpha of Planet Coaster, wich used the same Launcher before moved to Steam.
I don't think you can rebuild this with GG at the moment.
Surly it would be possible with another Coding Language. Perhaps even with one of the other tools from TheGamesCreator.
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 06:43
just an idea and pretty simple way of going about a game launcher, you could use visual basic, you could make a timer in the application to keep track of how long you have played, and also if you want anything else (kills, head shots, etc) you could save them to the save file. If the save file was a text file, you could read from the text file and configure them in the visual basic application, you could also have a download link and update the standalone file every time you run the program. I honestly don't think it would be that hard to make one however with my recent lua endevours this would be a later project, and i hope I don't get in trouble for recommending something else but as belidos once said, "In theory" it sounds possible.
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
A launcher should be possible, I wrote a menu system ages ago before GG had one itself. I even started a menu editor for it to make it easier to use, but once GG had it's own built in stuff I figured it was not worth more time. I released it free and it may still be around here somewhere. I used DB, which worked okay, but apart from adding video support to menu's was probably not the best tool for the job.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2016 19:09 Edited at: 28th Aug 2016 22:54
Autoit, its a program that is meant for working on many computers on a great network. If you have that you could make a launcher easy you could actually make like A steam menu and the program wont just sit in the background like visual basic launcher will. If you are serious about one I will make one and show you what it could do.

The attatchment is just for looks for what it is.

this link is to the working launcher, all it does is run the game, and download the game. If anyone would like to see more features added to this i would be glad to make some launchers, this was fairly easy. (assuming it downloads I didnt want to add a progress bar or anything though).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ju24xgtfcvohj7/Game_Guru_Launcher.exe?dl=0
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:08:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:08:24