Product Chat / Low FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, im getting very low frame rate, how to improve?

I have

i3
16gb ram
radeon hd 8gb
PM
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
attached photo

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 00:41 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 00:44
Hit TAB twice and take another screenshot, please! Also, you might want to check out the last Twitch video on improving FPS! Based on what I see, though you have too many draw calls. You seriously need to optimize!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 00:42
Also, more specs on your video card might help!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 07:46
1. What is the model of your graphics card? If you go into test mode and press F11 it will show you at the bottom of the screen what your specs are, can you provide a picture of that please?

2. What are your option settings? To find them go into test mode and press TAB twice, that will bring up the settings menus, can you post a picture of that please?

3. The last live twitch broadcast was dedicated to increasing framerate, take a look at that for some tips.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 12:58 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 13:01
Hi Belidos, I attached photo with F11

I have occlusion script, I used it and my terrain disappeared. I put it on tress and they all vanish. I'm not sure how to do LOD. or bake Occlusion. F4 hasn't helped me.

Attachments

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 13:02
To be honest, you will likely not get a good framerate with that videocard. Especially not if you run open levels with so many trees.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi wolf, Im bit confused, sorry bad English also

i use unity 5 I can place over 250k tress and still get over 60fps, If you like I could show you.
My terrain will have a max of tree distance of 2000
My camera will have max look distance of 1200.
On terrain I will make sure all trees are billboard after 50
All trees will be static,
I will bake Occlusion of 100x100 and smalled hole of 50.

GG doesn't give me any option to do that, all I have is f1-4 or write a script. It's not fair to blame this on my Video card.

My video card doesn't let me down playing any game if you look at my steam I play games that eat a lot. Under (YasinFarr) Pulp Fiction. I will follow twitch videos to see if it makes a difference.
PM
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
frame rate gone up after watching video.

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 13:42 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 13:44
Quote: "To be honest, you will likely not get a good framerate with that videocard. Especially not if you run open levels with so many trees. "

That's the same car I was using prior to installing the 960, and I can agree, although the 9670 was a very good card for it's time (it still is for some games, depending on the game engine they use), it does struggle a little with all of the game engines I have tried, which is why I went out and got myself a 960.

Quote: "I have occlusion script, I used it and my terrain disappeared. I put it on tress and they all vanish. I'm not sure how to do LOD. or bake Occlusion. F4 hasn't helped me. "

Occlusion is built in to the engine so you shouldn't really need a script to do it, however it doesn't work as well as it should for some and a lot of models have had notanoccluder added to their FPE's to fix them. Using a script to occlude might actually cause more lag than it cures because each script is being called and run in a loop, ghe more scripts you have running the slower things will run.

LOD is automatic, it's all in the model, the model has to have LOD models built in with each one labelled modelname_LOD1 and so on.

I think you're confusing what F4 does, this is a light mapper and at this level it contains ambient occlusion, ambient occlusion is not occlusion, ambient occlusion refers to the highlight shadows you see in corners and along edges etc.

This is what ambient occlusion does:

What F4 does is bakes those ambient shadows into the scene as static shadows, if you don't use F4 then GAmeGuru generates those shadows dynamically, which is why you probably didn't notice any difference.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 13:45 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 13:48
I don't blame your videocard
I just know how graphics card hungry game guru currently is and have tested it on several different systems. It has wildly different optimization and renders differently than unity. Unity is way more efficient here. Your card is a lower middleclass model from 2011 (is this correct?) which is what I am basing my assumption on.

Edit: You have tried what Belidos has suggested and you have about 26 FPS? That seems okay for an older rig. Try to see how it behaves when you also add characters...if it stays that way I think you can work with GG.

Quote: "GG doesn't give me any of these options"

It does have a LOD system and you could have billboards withing that LOD system though.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Many Thanks Belidos!

I will take my PC next week to our local store and upgrade the graphic card and CPU. I forgotten Unity is kinda partners with Nvidea and Radeon, they make Addons for Some game engines Graphic support. Could I send the standalone later to you maybe compare difference in fps.
PM
MahaGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Wolf,
I understand what you mean now. It is old card I bought it back on 2012, after my alien ware laptop started to stutter when playing games. I built this PC myself with little knowledge. Its never let me down that's why I kinda expected it to work.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2016 14:08 Edited at: 25th Aug 2016 14:09
You're more than welcome to send a link to a copy of your standalone if you want me to try it on a couple of different systems for you, i'm happy to help.

The 6670 (I had the ASUS Strix version so it was slightly higher speed than box standard) was personally one of my favourite GPU's, I loved that card, it did things it shouldn't have been capable of, and It was with a very heavy heart that I upgraded it, I still have it now in one of my lesser machines and it still works wonder with many modern games, a very impressive card.

However, it was just getting to that point where it wasn't quite cutting the mustard when using applications like game engines and modelling software, so I had to move on.

I'm not, however, saying it's 100% because your card is old, GameGuru still has a ways to go on the optimizing front, and it isn't quite up there with the big boys yet, but I would recommend a newer GPU.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
If all else fails, there is a setting called dividetextures=1 in the setup ini. Change that to 2 or higher to speed things up if your video card is struggling. On an I3 laptop I managed to get the speeds better using this method (I had the level fairly optimised otherwise). Don't worry about messing the ini file up. If you do anything silly you can just delete it and verify your files via Steam. On the laptop I had to mad and divide the texture by 8 or even 16 to get it playable. Looked pretty awful, but it ran.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 19:37
I know this thread is a bit old, but you can try switching bloom off. I've just tried The Big Escape (I have a stack of benchmarking data for The Big Escape after the C++ update, and I like to try it every now and again to see how the performance changes), and my average FPS goes from 31 with bloom on to 47 with bloom off. Visually, I don't think it adds much, and the FPS gain is significant.
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 13:06
"On terrain I will make sure all trees are billboard after 50" is the reason why you can run it on 60 fps. Its static only if it turns into Billboard.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:04:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:04:46