Product Chat / For When FPSC Assets Become Core Assets

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 05:33 Edited at: 24th Aug 2016 23:26
Hi everyone, I noticed a while back in a recorded stream of Lee's that there seems to be the inclusion of FPSC classic models making their way to the core engine of Game Guru in a possible future update. I remember at one point we even discussed the possibility of this integration. There was actually an effort involving this during the start of the FPSC Reloaded development, back then, known as Legacy models. This is incredibly exciting news, having these integrated directly into the product. Allowing GG to be one of the few Game Developing tools to come packed with a rich variety and quantity of free assets.

For the most of you that may have been benefiting from the repository of free FPSC packs I've been converting over the years into working Collections for GG, there are a few things I should mention to ensure your current projects dont get messed up. Noticed this concern was brought up a couple times over on steam, here and by email. Its also something I've been expecting. In that once the majority of these assets, I have made available to everyone (on behave of the original authors), come as core assets you may be left with duplicates in your entitybank. My best advice is to keep the FPSC Collections folders in your GG folder and continue to use them until your current project is complete. This will ensure that you won't have missing media, since I believe there is no where to swap assets within a GG. When the actual FPSC assets make it to the core from TGC, I think then we can outline a better way for you to merge your Collections with your GG core FPSC assets. But until then keep both when the update comes out.

I have dedicated my time to ensuring I maintain all of the over 1000 assets you can find in the free repository. So have no fears if you have started a project with these and end up having the same show up from TGC themselves later on. Overtime I'll outline a better way to sort out file management and scale everything down so you're using more of the core assets rather than something that is 3rd party introduced.

If you haven't checked out the latest additions to the FPSC Collections, check out the original thread which has a list of the latest updates. Below is a couple attachments of some of the latest assets you can now get in GG from FPSC. Thanks once again to all the authors who have approved this distribution. If anyone still has any concerns or questions about what to do with when the duplicates may come with the core let me know here. That way maybe even some of TGC's team or community can provide a better answer or method for you too. Everyone has their own way of conducting file management.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Repository, not respiratory, that's a biological term and your usage here drove me quite batty, lol. Great work on converting the old characters over though! Although I'm unsure how many will be really relevant in this day and age, as they are pretty ancient now. Will see when the update arrives, it may just be a waste of HDD space to some. I'm hopeful there will be a few gems in there, despite my reservations.

I hope that there is possibly an option to disable the new media from downloading, if I find the models to be too old. I want character models, the default media is awful in it's range. Soldiers, with masks are not particularly useful in anything other than a middle east based shooter. However, if a model looks like a low poly horror show from the 90's I'll be giving em a miss. Trouble is, every time I get an update I assume this media will automatically re-download if I just delete them. When there is such a large amount added like this, the ability to remove them would be useful. Unless of course they are all wonderful high poly modern conversions, which I doubt

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I hope that there is possibly an option to disable the new media from downloading,"

Im thinking it will be a free DLC rather than included so you should have a choice .... But dont hold me to that ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 15:10
Quote: "Im thinking it will be a free DLC rather than included so you should have a choice"

Just thinking in download time, WOW 1000 items.
Anyway thanks again for all the people involded.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:05:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:05:04