Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2016 21:39
While i was pondering what to do with dropzone i thought i'd make a start on the 3rd game Vcity and heres the very scratchy beginnings no cars or ai on yet etc

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

When Reality is broken. Game designers can fix it and make it more realistic
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Start ....
But the Default Terrain lets it down although you probably wont keep that anyway
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 17:04 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2016 18:04
Agreed synchromesh i'm going to have to play around with that and have changed a lot of the buildings to enterable ones was toying around with either the vampire game idea as i have lots of vamps made, or the city of heroes type thing with super heroes ( funny that game was) = enter the jetpack but i'll see im just building the levels and figuring out what would work best with the stuff GG has atm unarmed bite attack? or fly about shooting different color fireballs lol, bit like this " A Super Hero in Vcity"

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
An ambitious project. Not a bad start. I've learnt over the years here that it's nice to have big ideas, but GG normally won't handle them So I have lowered my expectations and started on a (reasonably possible project, still probably going to be a toughie). A big city is something I have played with a few times but it always falls down performance wise. Good luck with this. I recommend using the transport command for making buildings that haven't an interior seem like they have A good way to move complex interiors out of the way and help with speed

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2016 21:39 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2016 21:45
Yeah Thanks DVader m8, ive kept it down to about a quarter of the map in size so i can have interiors and when ebe is finished i might attempt to make a subway system to transport to other maps, i'd like to sort of go down the lines of city of heroes/villains which is now sadly gone shame it was a proper funny game but kind of worked in the same way GG maps work, maps transitions were done via a tunnel at each end of the map with vendors etc there or via a subway train, the game was pretty simple in operation with instanced dungeons and generated toons on the map e.g some woman with her handbag being stolen which you could stop, the main thing about it tho which GG doesnt have atm and kind of made the game was the really funny emotes, but i'll build the maps up and make sure the speed is fine then have a think on that, otherwise its along the lines of bloodlines as i have around 15 vampire characters ive made so far, shame fuse has no super hero outfits atm i have also been testing this in 3rd person but havent got the animations quite right yet.
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 08:05 Edited at: 24th Aug 2016 08:14
A neat trick I've been using is to have interiors of buildings in a different part of the map. Make your exteriors in one corner using models without interiors, then put a transport script outisde the doors to buildings that moves you to the opposite corner of the map in "inside" models, combine this with a goindoors script and it really helps with FPS.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 18:59 Edited at: 26th Aug 2016 20:32
Aye m8 i did that a bit with "A Tall Story" im only testing a few things out with this one atm, 3rd person yellow spandex character with very silly dance emotes for 1 and getting him to hover in the air whilst reading the paper and along those lines of COH/COV i found an interesting way of stopping players flying off the maps map transitions are done through highway tunnels going through these walls, Edit ive now templated 12 map areas and populated 3
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2016 19:20 Edited at: 29th Aug 2016 19:26
Well here we go guys I've been working on map one using all the skills ive picked up making the other two games ive been making to try to get this practical yet content rich, and im kinda there, its taken 2 days which is alot longer than normal but ive had to play around alot with size vs content e.g the first map was lots bigger but took too long to get to where you needed to be :/ with this being mainly a city based game its proving kind of tricky to get the balance right (thanks DVader i get what you mean now) but its working nicely although i have to keep dropping in to check the FPS, anyways heres some shots to give you guys the idea of what its going to be like.
Next
Adding lights, Ai and instances, its abit along the lines of bloodlines as in you are in a city run by vampire clans, also its alaong the lines of city of heroes as in you goto the news offices and the police stations to pick up missions, there will be also be random vampires etc on the main map, im looking at an EXP system and lots of other things i used in the last two games to give it an extra edge P.S i have no idea why the images doubled up lol
Hope you like the start so far.
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2016 21:03 Edited at: 31st Aug 2016 17:24
The Nosferatu, more undead than human or vampire, these creatures live in and around the streets, sewers, and all the dark places. They rely on strength, stamina, and speed if you meet one better hope your well equipped as they hunt with no remorse. P.S i have no idea why the last one turned green maybe he's the Hulk in disguise or maybe i just need to re model him lol.

Edit: VCity South fps and ragdoll test

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2016 13:48 Edited at: 5th Sep 2016 13:50
A quick test of the new signs for VCity the VNN (Vampire News Network) VCity Police and the Bloodbank. Thanks to Disturbing13 thanks m8 and also the instance entrances decals by devcore35 thanks for those now to work on the FPS and getting more AI in and of course start to work on the story.

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 15:54
OK this is a new one for me lol, i now have all the maps working (not including AI) 10 maps in all and have just started decorating/setting up the base in which you work from and thought i'd be nice to have the start message multilingual and here it is so far. Ok guys if it says anything it shouldn't dont beat me too hard with the silly stick

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Sep 2016 23:43 Edited at: 27th Jul 2019 14:26
This would be freaky in VR. Keep those videos coming!
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2016 21:12 Edited at: 9th Sep 2016 21:14
Yeah it would Landman lol, well ive done the base apart from the rooms which require higher levels to open in the base, I have completed Med bay, and your personal quarters and the departure area. Also today ive had a go at redesigning the huds (Thanks Belidos for showing me how to do that), made a couple of characters 1 hunter "Arrow" she's your companion/fellow hunter and the base's Doc "Doc" I also had a go at making some signs for the base inspired by Disturbing13 thanks m8 for doing the city signs thought i should have a try myself, they are basic base signs for the base including a Map of the train stops and room names, i think they turned out half ok the train is a free one if anyone out there fancies having a bash at a tube train/metro train for me i'd love em lots i will have a go at this myself but never tried a train before lol. Anyways here's a looksee at it all in place.

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

MChapman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2016 21:29
After being wrapped inside my own endeavors without most sounds other then guns going off, I find the looks of the project and the voice acting quite nice. I'm planning on some voice acting soon, where did you get your roads? All the free roads ive been trying to use have been bothersome with the overlapping and the grid locking... I didn't intend on putting the buildings in my city on the ground but that seems to be the most bug free way of doing so. I like where your going with the project though.
Markchapman10 is my Skype let's have some dev talk.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2016 14:35
Thanks Mark the roads were made buy Disturbing13 the pack is called NightCity Reloaded Street Pack 1, and is really cheap on the store doesnt seem to hit the FPS very hard either which is cool
8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 17:50
I couldnt help myself!! VCity center first port of call = Nightclub models the club is Bods hanger (cheers m8) not for aircraft this time lol. Characters and flat signs by myself same with the vampire themed music. Need to sort the lighting out but i think its coming along

8gb Ram
Nvidia NVS 315 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 23:26
The boss's I just got them in so they still need alittle work but from left to right.
The east side twins colosus and tankus, Galius, Impshe (yes shes's naked woodland sprites dont have clothing shops), Maximus, Nosfuratus and technos from the wastlands
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 03:00
I like the looks of this project. I appreciate the idea to expand on navigation (specifically vertically) by adding jetpacks. although the level looks almost totally devoid of lighting, and the framerate is slow, there is a LOT of content here, and a LOT of effort clearly spent on this, I also like vampires and games about them
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 12:45 Edited at: 15th Sep 2016 12:46
Yes it was slow Bugsy, i have just changed the graphics card which has improved the FPS loads and plays very well now you'll see when i put up the next video I've also been working on the lighting which also looks a lot better now (still needs some work) i don't think I'm going with the flight idea quite just yet will maybe save that for a super hero game I'm slowly working on. But with 3 games now on the go i drop in and out of them as we get engine updates
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 18:51 Edited at: 15th Sep 2016 20:07
IMPS!!!! you'll never know where you'll find one! (Pic 1)
The full Imp family from left to right, forest imp, dark imp, fire imp, ice imp, storm imp and water imp (Pic2)

and now they have GUNS!!!!!!!!

8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2016 20:34
good to hear. it's always best to have multiple projects to keep yourself working dilligently.
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 19:38
New age Vampires are no longer guarded while they sleep by humans or werewolves, They have genetically engineered their own guardians. Evil Minions which are slaved by Minion Masters, these guys are found in all 5 random instance maps with 5 different boss's each with different difficulties.
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2016 22:52 Edited at: 25th Sep 2016 23:01
Well i stumbled across smallg's loot scripts today god knows how i missed those, seriously good scripts m8 and have added those to VCity along with the spontaneously combustible imps lol kinda find that funny atm. you might want to forward the loading screen its having a moment (ive had this before so will sort it later) the vid shows the starter area (hunters base) VCity Center and 1 of 5 random instance maps you go to if you enter a portal, these can be found on all maps and you never know which one you'll end up in, some are harder than others next will be finishing off the other maps and adding rumors which you obtain from the VNN HQ, nightclubs and police stations you dont get quests just rumors. Anyways heres a quick looksee at the type of thing thats its going towards Enjoy

8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 16:46 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 23:01
Honkeyboy's Guide to VCity wildlife. And a rough titles page
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 23:20 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 22:40
Well i really got stuck into VCity today as dropzone has had me looking for a rope so i thought i'd crack on with this and im actually happy so far with the results. No Menus no frills just kill loot and move on lol, im struggling a little with the first map (again) loading times i presume too many non statics so i'll have to look into that and bosses arn't using their weapons which im sure i can fix. At some point i'd like to add a kill counter and badges (sprites as rewards) but all in all its pretty funny atm and want to make it as cheesy as possible for fun factor. Anyways without further ado here's the first proper imp/vampie killing game play video hope you like it.

Added random police HQ encounter sometimes the police have imps locked up sometimes the imps take over you have a 50/50 chance
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 22:45 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 22:46
lol now they are WANTED, they actually like being WANTED check out your local vcity police HQ for more info
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 22:04 Edited at: 28th Sep 2016 22:19
Im pretty chuffed with my work tonight things are working really well.
Added:
Scared civvies they can obviously see your not quite human, with 3 different shouts.
Cash system (finally works bug free)
Bounty system (as above) if you kill civvies the bounty is pretty low if you kill coppers it pretty harsh (but they are lootable)
loot system working sweet
Bounty removal Imp's in 3 areas (nightclub, the portal, and your base)
Its already playable and fun to play
Things left :/ hopefully i can get this done this week
1/ blood hunger and bloodbank shop
2/weapons vendor or ammo vendor
3/ add the rumors (easy got that ready)
4/ music and titles (music im cool with titles take a bit more time)
then well thats it abit of polishing but it works its good fun to play and the fps is fine.
Oh have reduced the loading times a lot too even the 1 map i had issues with is down to less that 60 secs
and a bit on the lighting
P.S GG maybe isnt the top AAA engine but that doesn't mean you cant make a good fun game with it!
anyways Check it out
and now has 16 working maps, including 5 random instances and 2 police station instance (one the police have control and one the imps have control 50/50 on each)
@ Lee theres nothing wrong with this engine m8 but the need for some enhancements which im sure will come just keep the faith

8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 13:35
Hi Honkeyboy, I notice you are using multilingual audio files when you enter the building complex. In most modern public areas today you also see multilingual signs too.

Example would be a flag of the country then the English version in text and then the same underneath for the next country.

It maybe more work but good for the scenery.

Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Air cooled

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 23:05 Edited at: 29th Sep 2016 23:24
yeah thanks i maybe will do that been making the music today here it is, there was supposed to be a boss in the park but after scaling him up he vanished lol something to work on :/ i did also put in the bloodbank and weapons vendors today (had to make the character models for them as well and convert them over) and the cash/bounty system if you kill humans you get a bounty but it can be removed by a rather bad tempered rude Imp found on various maps (one in the base at the beginning) bloodbank = you can buy blood to cure thirst :0

8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 22:14
Boss hunting in the park one of two areas where boss's roam freely next gun shops so you can buy ammo and fight the rest of them the vendors are in place with new character models made i just need to add the weapons buying scripts and that part is good to go lastly the bloodbank vendor and some grass for the imps to find bugs in! check out your local vcity news agent for more info.

8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 22:42
You Just never know who or what you will find at Vcity's Bloodbank

Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LMAO !!
Fantastic !!
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 13:53
Honkeyboy the last vid is the best by far lol
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Air cooled

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 20:35 Edited at: 4th Oct 2016 20:41
Thx guys "and just when you thought things were getting better" :/ singing, dancing and general chat outside their base erm squat i sooo have to get the singing imp doing imp Elvis lol

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2016 20:10
Vcity blood thirst test, well you are a Vampire after all so at present all areas with humans on you get thirsty for blood which at present is quenched buy synthetic blood pools at the bloodbanks and a couple of other areas. (biting Humans is forbitten in VCity) i am kind of thinking of a script where you can bite the roaming humans and drain their life but gain a bounty we'll see don't want to get too complicated with this one. Anyway here's the Blood Thirst in action (need to line things up but it was just a quick test)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 19:19 Edited at: 7th Oct 2016 19:20
Well its pretty much complete, I've been testing every level and even on my mid range machine it runs sweetly so a couple more tweaks and test it on the old machine and its pretty much ready. I'm still debating the tut level 1 music but will have to think about that one oh and edit the remaining few titles :/ meanwhile here's the new TuT level and abit of VCity North.

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 20:12
lol very nice.
love it

Pcs.killer
""
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 22:11
Thanks m8, was going to put it up on steam but im just working on badges so you get little rewards for killing imps x10, x20 etc Its total mayhem atm as i doubled the entities and added random stupid imps doing crazy things i did think of a theater (gremlins stylie with them all singing to "start spreading the news da da dadada") we'll see lol
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 18:41 Edited at: 17th Oct 2016 19:08
And we have a new watermark kinda cool I'm pretty pleased with what I've got finished today, the new splash screen, the tutorial level is pretty much completed and ive sorted out some things that was pointed out to me, a barrier to stop players falling down into the train (Thanks Synchromesh) and signs and a quick tut on gun shops (thanks Lee) ive also managed to get the kill counter to save data over levels (still need to test the badges do) need 100 kills for the first one :0 but all in all its all working well and still pretty good fps throughout. here's a quick looksee.

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 22:35 Edited at: 17th Oct 2016 23:55
Hi Honkeyboy, just watch your last video. I would change some things like:

1) no weapons shown in complex as it is a violation and you could be arrested. Only in the training area.
- Just use a trigger to hide weapons when you enter and vice versa.
2) update the hud images - maybe you a blood bag pack like an I.V. as the graphic.

3) change health to 100% of 500 - health should never go over your starting health.
- what you could do is change health points for more life or more blood bags that you have to change before you die
- you could use a shield system or armour for this just like in one of Lee's twitch posts. I also have a post on this too.
4) make doors auto shut and or auto open when facing the door. Your able to walk passed and they don't just all open. Maybe stagger the room doors for this too.

P.S. - if you want help with the hud's let me know or PM me.

Laptop - M17xR3

Attachments

PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 23:09 Edited at: 17th Oct 2016 23:16
You could also add a whole new depth to your game by blood groups. So you have an option at the start of the game where the player picks their blood group and they can only use donor blood bags that match their blood type / group, etc.

Example

Donor > Player

O > O, A, B, AB
A > A, AB
B > B, AB
AB > AB

This way based on which group they choose is how much life they start with. Then you leave different blood group bags throughout the game. This will work the same way as how difficult the game will be. [Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme]

Maybe they can buy blood too; but can they afford their blood group or do they have to only buy what they can afford. Whichever one they buy will affect their health points.

Also if they use a blood type that is not in their group they will loss health points, etc.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 23:34 Edited at: 18th Oct 2016 17:36
Maybe also have a cash-in credit system.

Example:

When you kill someone they drop their teeth, then collect them (this is proof you kill them). Turn these in at some sort of HQ to get credits. How would you get credits if no one saw you shoot them? lol

Pay off any bounties out standing on you for shooting passer-by.

When you die you drop these collected teeth and have to go back for them. Maybe there is only a small percentage left behind. This could be done on a global timer. The longer it takes for you to get back, the less teeth to pick up and change for credits. This will make the game more fun.

A little teaser below

The translucent splash png is attached which you can use for you splash screen if needed. Just add it as a layer.

Laptop - M17xR3

Attachments

PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2016 22:02 Edited at: 19th Oct 2016 22:21
Drop teeth lol thats hilarious well tbh ive gone as far as i can with this (brains gone numb) those are brilliant ideas btw just beyond my scripting knowledge. saying that i now have the cash, bounties and kills carrying over correctly and its pretty much good fun. Ive taken on board what ive been told and corrected what i can so far and it all seems to work fine i'll send you a link gd to play the new build see what you can do with it anyways here's the latest new tutors at base i had to move the starter position as it was on a memory trigger, 1 issue is the music on the level shown (repeats to much not sorted that yet) most scripts are stock or massively edited my myself with some help from Belidos a couple of smallg's free ones with some editing again but as a game its pretty much in a playable state with 18 levels (its had me laughing alot anyways here the latest vid P.s if you read the imp training sign it does warn you the imps are combustible lol pp.s that was running it just to show the stats work each level takes around 15 mins to clear and thats me ( i know where to go ) lol so game time would be 18x that and then you get a badge and bonus lives at 100, 500,1000 kills would love a bite attack so you could drain life from civvies bit and gain a bounty if you kill them love the pics btw very cool

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 13:23
New tutorial zone update
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 15:30
It's one of the ugliest games I know, but it has its own charme.
Unfortunately, the Steam crowd sees only the videos and screenshots.

However, as I know how weird and crazy and funny it is, I gave it my Upvote.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 16:02 Edited at: 20th Oct 2016 17:24
Quote: "It's one of the ugliest games I know, but it has its own charme.
Unfortunately, the Steam crowd sees only the videos and screenshots.

However, as I know how weird and crazy and funny it is, I gave it my Upvote."

Almost exactly how i feel

If i was to go entirely on looks, i would never touch it. It's very rough to look at, and some of it is very child like in its look, especially the title screens and splash screens. The world itself isn't very well designed, there's too much open space and almost no clutter. Things like the transport menu being just text in a panel make it look like no aesthetic thought has been put into it, and the lighting makes everything look grainy and low resolution.

However, i have had a chance to play it (finally got mega.nz to cough up the download, god i hate that site, cheers for thet Honkeyboy), and to be fair to HonkeyBoy it's a fun little game to play, it gets a little manic at times, which is fun, and there's plenty of little snippets of silly humor to keep you giggling your way through.

I lied it and upvoted it, but even though It's a very playable game, it's really going to get slated on the aesthetic side of things.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 18:17 Edited at: 20th Oct 2016 18:28
Thanks guys but that's the point of it! the other two ive done are a lot prettier and more serious, this time i wanted to concentrate on something that plays well on most low/mid range machines and is a bit stupid. with a few things to make it interesting e.g the badge system kill counter, loot drops and lots of just plain stupid imps coupled with some half decent music in the clubs (for grog testing "Burps") and some tricky boss fights in the portals. I think its pretty much that. Hey if they want pretty and serious go buy ARK lol P.s i did buy "into the dark ultimate trash edition" so i must be in that kind of mood pmsl
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 17:37
The Imp candidate voting campaign ad
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Attachments

JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2016 14:51 Edited at: 25th Nov 2016 14:53
Throw me that model and Il make you a better imp texture for free, because man that hurts my eyes.... I direct paint. reason I need the model.
midian197819@gmail.com
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 22:56 Edited at: 7th Dec 2016 22:57
lol i do have a different texture JackalHead m8 these were supposed to be ugly critters but nobody seemed to get the joke in it. Oh well when i get back to it m8 i'll put the cleaner textures on them see how it sits with everyone i have all 3 imp models tho m8 if you want to have a play let me know i'll send you all 3
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:40:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:40:38