3rd Party Models/Media Chat / That Model Guy model page

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 20:08 Edited at: 31st Jan 2021 01:43
So, I finally decided to open a store page. Here is some of the stuff I've done so far and that is available or will be available soon. I noticed after opening my store a lot of different types of models have already been covered. It's good to have a variety of similar models so you have stuff to choose from but if anyone has any suggestions of things they want that they cant find in the store let me know and I will see what I can do. I do mostly static objects for now...

I will keep the page updated when new stuff comes out

store page: https://www.tgcstore.net/artist/180654

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
slender1200
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 23:41
Looks very nice. I will be buying these soon
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 00:34
Thanks slender1200, if you have anything you need you cant find in the store for props let me know. I'm going through the store and finding out what they don't have and making a list but there's always room for more
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 00:36 Edited at: 25th Jul 2016 00:36
I couldn't find a coffee maker available so I decided to make this

Attachments

PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 01:57
good looking stuff, but I would re- uvmap that pizza box to not read backwards.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 02:28
oh crap, thanks for noticing that disturbing 13, I will get that fixed right away. ive been modeling for about 8 hours straight today and somehow I didn't catch that. I guess I'm getting dingy
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 02:48 Edited at: 25th Jul 2016 16:37
fixed!

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 10:39
I think there're already two or three pizza boxes by Teabone, and multiple gas station props (including free ones on gamegurufiles), but that doesn't matter at all, it's always good to have options, and your work looks pretty good

One thing about your gas station canopy though, you might want to make the platforms for the gas pumps longer, maybe have two pillars on each, with space for a bin or something between, as it doesn't look like there's enough space for two cars to be at those pumps unless they park sideways

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 12:24
Nice looking work mguy1122, keep it up and as Belidos says it doesn't matter if the model has already been done, it is always good to have more. I was making something some time ago and noticed that someone else got one into the store before me, if I had scrapped it I would have wasted all that work.

There is a lot of stuff to be created yet though so have fun.
Alienware M15x I7 720QM (1.60Ghz 8mb), 8GB Memory, 1GB NVIDIA GForce GTX 260m, 15.6", 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 16:55 Edited at: 25th Jul 2016 19:47
Thank you guys! I went back and looked at the gas station and I think you might be right belidos, they could probably use some stretching, I will get that fixed. Although, the gas station down from my house is a cramped mess so maybe this with threw me off =)
I noticed the same models too after a I was done so it was too late anyway. But you guys are right, it doesn't really matter. I was just making myself feel guilty that I might cut someone sales if someone bought my item instead. But, if people don't have a big selection of the same thing to choose from every game will end up looking the same so they are needed.On the other hand, I did want to make some stuff that wasn't readily available so it's there if people need it
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 18:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2016 18:12
Gas station hangar fixed! No more pile up

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 22:08
Much better, I may just buy that myself, not that I need it, I just like it lol

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 22:23
Thanks! and Thanks for your input belidos, I like the model better myself and the cars do fit way better now
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 22:56
Yeah looks a lot better.

One tip I was given, and found very useful... reference reference reference, find as many images online of the object you are making, and look at the details, that way you can see how it would work in real life and try to emulate it in your model.

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 00:20 Edited at: 26th Jul 2016 00:46
I always use a picture for my reference like you're saying, it does help a lot.That's very good advice! The gas station I was modeling from was using single pillars in the middle but it only had one gas tank. After I put the picture aside (After getting the basic shape) and started adding my own touches I forgot about the one gas tank and stretched it out for two. I just didn't stretch it enough. But, for two gas pumps the double pillars looks a lot better. I just should have gone back to my reference one more time after I was done to check everything over.

Attachments

PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool. Hey, it's me, Facebook buddy. I must have seen dozens of your posts without realising it was you.
Julian
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 15:48
I had a suspicion that was you on here. Now you know my secret identity, I'm dead pool
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 16:55
Well that's it! If you're friends with Julian then I take back everything I said, awful, terrible, not saleable at all! :p

(hehe just kidding btw)

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2016 17:25
Now you've done it Julian, You're killing my fan base! unfriended, lol!
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2016 01:23 Edited at: 27th Jul 2016 01:26
The new privacy fence! Finally you can keep those pesky Npc's from snooping in your business !

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2016 18:19 Edited at: 27th Jul 2016 18:21
new red version of the gas station pump and overhang to mix things up a little. That way , two gas stations in one town don't have to be the same.

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2016 20:43 Edited at: 27th Jul 2016 20:46
And lastly, the green version

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 21:37 Edited at: 28th Jul 2016 23:48
Just an update. I noticed a strange flicker on the gas station (clean) model so I went ahead and replaced them beam so the model has to be RE approved before it's back in the store. I updated the other gas station colors as well so they should arrive around the same time, in a day or two I assume. I also take the time to expand the space in between stalls so two vehicles of more types would fit together more comfortably with extra space.I've been considering designing the gas station to go along with the pumps and hangar but with the construction kit on its way I'm not sure if it would be a waste of time or not. With the construction kit you can make the building you want rather than me designating what building goes with it. Any thoughts on the subject ?

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 07:47
More models are never a waste of time

Your privacy fence look really good, I love that texture, the top edge looks very straight though, it makes it feel a little out of place, if you were to raise and lower the top edge of each slat to varying heights (only needs to be a tine fraction for each) to give it a less straight edge it would look a lot better.

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 17:41 Edited at: 29th Jul 2016 17:42
well belidos, I was modeling this after the last fence me and my old buddy built and the fences we build for the boss had to run flush across the top so that's how I designed it. When building fences you're supposed to use a guideline running from one in post to the other to get your planks perfectly straight. There's quite a lot of fence builders who do hack it in and that's where you get the uneven planks which I'll admit, for of video game would add some extra character. in game with this fence because of the normal maps you get a faint look of Jag and the fence goes pretty well with the environments without looking off. I already have the crusty version of the fence with rotted wood and messed up planks but it needs to be fitted with all the proper pieces to make it all fit together so I haven't put it out there yet. I would do an adjusted version of this one but the planks are all on one solid mesh(not individual planks) and the model would have to be almost completely redone to adjust. I also think dave may be starting to hate me for adjusting and resubmitting my models constantly

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 18:06
Quote: "well belidos, I was modeling this after the last fence me and my old buddy built and the fences we build for the boss had to run flush across the top so that's how I designed it. When building fences you're supposed to use a guideline running from one in post to the other to get your planks perfectly straight. There's quite a lot of fence builders who do hack it in and that's where you get the uneven planks which I'll admit, for of video game would add some extra character. in game with this fence because of the normal maps you get a faint look of Jag and the fence goes pretty well with the environments without looking off. I already have the crusty version of the fence with rotted wood and messed up planks but it needs to be fitted with all the proper pieces to make it all fit together so I haven't put it out there yet. I would do an adjusted version of this one but the planks are all on one solid mesh(not individual planks) and the model would have to be almost completely redone to adjust. I also think dave may be starting to hate me for adjusting and resubmitting my models constantly "

Haha, he probably sees so many models he doesn't recognise one from the other

Yeah you're right, when you build a fence it is supposed to be measured and plumbed to get it straight, in real life though that almost never happens, I don't think I have ever seen a fence that was perfectly straight, they're always a tiny bit out because when you put pieces together it's very hard to match them perfectly, especially when nailing them together because things shift and warp when you hit them. It was only a suggestion, it still looks great, so no worries, Iam realy surprised that's a single texture and not individual planks, it really looks like it's modelled with individual parts, good work.

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 19:31 Edited at: 29th Jul 2016 19:42
I do appreciate the suggestions I believe The old crew I used to work for when I was up and about had a touch of o.c.d. We did nice work but it was a little obnoxious at times. It was heaven vs. Working with my dad and brother doing tile though. They took it to a whole nether level.
my next fence will be a little more down and dirty for the more broken down houses to give it the more abandoned look. I kind of luck out on this texture working as well as it did for the solid piece, I originally intended it to be planks but after testing it I was quite surprised myself so it stayed. The good thing about using a solid piece though is it cuts the poly count way down so the fence doesn't take a big hit on the frame rate. The polygon count on each strait section is only 48 vs. 200 or more so it helps out there quite a bit. I'm also considering doing some dog ear plank versions to add to that collection but those would be forced to be more polygon heavy due to the nature of the beast
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 20:03
Just a quick announcement, all the stuff above is now available!
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 21:04 Edited at: 29th Jul 2016 21:04
Here's the other fence that's in progress

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 21:45
Quote: "I do appreciate the suggestions "

I'm glad you're taking them well. I don't make suggestions to put down work, I do it to help, just like the dozens of people here have helped me with suggestions. I like to pay that forward and help others, but sometimes I worry how people will take them, it's so easy for the most innocent suggestion to be taken the wrong way and upset someone when the only intention was to help.

I've been bitten by that animal a few times here, you get wary after a while.

Fortunately, this forum has one of the most helpful and friendly communities I have ever come across, apart from a few die hard grouches everybody here helps everybody else, this is truly a community that works together to better itself, we're even slowly converting a few of those die hard grouches I mentioned to the light side

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 22:02 Edited at: 29th Jul 2016 22:09
I took no offense. This does remind me of the Ex girlfriend I had though. She loved to text message and I hated it. But, if I was going to date her I had to get used to it. The problem was , I guess half the stuff I would text came out sounding angry or something and she would get mad. And then I'd finally get the phone call I wanted to do in the first place instead of texting, just not the conversation I wanted to have! Sometimes it's hard to get what are trying to say acrossed without them reading it the opposite way of how you meant it ,so i here you on that one!

This community is great .If only steam was like this forum the Internet would be a better place! Every time I ask a question on there I get attacked by a gang of 13 year olds With pitchforks
PM
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I'd finally get the phone call I wanted to do in the first place instead of texting, just not the conversation I wanted to have! "

HaHa!! I've been there to many times!

Nice models, I made a fence like your 2nd one it looks great in game it adds real character, I animated a section of planks to 'fall down' when the fence is shot at to revel a secret entrance, uneven boards works well for this system but if someone built a fence like that in my garden there would be trouble lol
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2016 23:51
Thanks part time coder! I need to start working on the animation side of things, it would be cool to have the fence blow apart. I used to do animation with a program called amorphium (they had two versions) but animating a model for a game seems to be a bit different.

" uneven boards works well for this system but if someone built a fence like that in my garden there would be trouble"

lol, there's plenty of those around where I live now.
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2016 02:40 Edited at: 30th Jul 2016 02:43
The old grey fence kit! Everything you need to make an old fence and let the neighbors know someone creepy might lives next door!

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 01:15 Edited at: 1st Aug 2016 01:16
I've been trying to put together a store to go with the gas stations. I been running into little problems here and there mostly because of the transparency of the glass. I threw away the original model and get a second one but it still has transparency problems. so, since I can't get the glass to word exactly as it should I'm just going to give this one away. Also, I'm going to whip up the other colors and put them on here too. You can use them for place holders until the construction kit gets here or for whatever. They will also include the textures for solid windows. This one's solid color textures are labeled gas station and you can change them in the fpe.

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 02:34 Edited at: 1st Aug 2016 02:34
And here's the other two colors. The same as before , they are set as transparent as default but they also include the solid windows

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 01:29 Edited at: 4th Aug 2016 01:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gx-ueuIVgk

Now that I got a handle on getting animations to work I went ahead and animated both gates for the fence packs so once they are approved they will be available with the packs. now, time to see what else I can animate!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 11:08 Edited at: 4th Aug 2016 11:11
Your Gas station Canopy is a little low .
They are always at a height to allow for the tanker .. Great work though .

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2016 12:16 Edited at: 4th Aug 2016 14:48
Quote: "They are always at a height to allow for the tanker "

Yes, they're always a lot higher, but not really to allow for the tanker, a tanker wouldn't normally go under the canopy, the access to the tanks has to be a certain distance from the pumps and wouldn't normally be below the canopy. But, yeah they are usually higher, simply to allow clearance for larger vehicles. Usually about double the height of a large high wheeled 4x4 or van.

Like this:

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Yes, they're always a lot higher, but not really to allow for the tanker, a tanker wouldn't normally go under the canopy, the access to the tanks"

You are correct its not an official requirement but Esso, Shell, BP etc will do this usually minimum for access and exit of the tanker as a standard building policy. Well they did when I worked for BP and it was kind of a rule of thumb ..
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2016 01:13 Edited at: 6th Aug 2016 01:14
I was out of commission yesterday due to a strange circumstance. A lightning bolt hit my house and struck the hot wire fence outside and blew it to pieces. then traveled into the house straight through the surge protector and blew up my modem! Luckily my computer didn't blow up as well. Anyway, it was an interesting day.
Quote: "Your Gas station Canopy is a little low .
They are always at a height to allow for the tanker .. Great work though ."

I see your point. Looking over different gas stations they seem to be a little taller to a lot taller depending on which one you go by. I already rigged up another model with fixes. I've sold a few so i was debating on changing it so I didn't screw up somebody's project by the gas station all the sudden being a different size. I had to remake the model because I stupidly grouped items together after I was done that made it hard to go back and work on and caused texture stretching among other problems. It's basically the same but slightly different shapes and a few Touch up's. Here's a picture

Attachments

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2016 16:20
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2016 21:53 Edited at: 8th Aug 2016 15:27
A new gas station sign to go along with the gas station models. It's basically done but I think one of the price billboards needs change to something else so it's not two of the same. So once that's done it will be available

PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2016 17:58 Edited at: 9th Aug 2016 18:51
well, this was a fun one. I decided to make an old vintage record player

PM
Mr Xela
Years of Service
User Offline
Great job dude! Better then I could ever do lol. I wish to know how to model and do all these things but I don't.. keep up the good work
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2016 18:59
thanks Mr. xela! Modeling isn't that hard once you understand how to use the programs, most of its creativity. If you want an easy program to start with I would try milkshape. Everything in it is pretty straightforward compared to a blender. I probably only say that because I don't know how to use Blender that well =) but, with a few youtube video tutorials you'll know enough to make something cool. Another one that might be a little simpler then milkshape is sketchup and you can make stuff pretty quick
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2016 22:56
Quote: "I probably only say that because I don't know how to use Blender that well =) "

Blender is hard to start with because it is mostly controlled with shortcut keys, and it takes time to learn the short cuts, but once you get used to them it's very simple to use, and far superior to many modellers out there. Plus with Blender because it's a community run project there are so many tutorials available on pretty much all aspects of Blender.

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2016 23:19
Quote: "Blender is hard to start with because it is mostly controlled with shortcut keys, and it takes time to learn the short cuts, but once you get used to them it's very simple to use, and far superior to many modellers out there"

It does look like a much better modeling program, it's just the shortcuts that get me. The other programs are straightforward so I end up just using them although I keep meaning to take the time to learn blender. i'm a broke neck fellow so I do my modeling with voice macros I wrote with a combination of other stuff so I would have to write out each shortcut as a voice command which I keep putting off.but, for a beginner I'd still suggest the other programs because you can jump a right in real quick without having to learn shortcuts.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2016 12:49 Edited at: 10th Aug 2016 12:53
Petrol station looks so much better now
The record player is awesome ..
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2016 14:48
Thanks synchromesh! I like the gas stations better myself. The record player was pretty fun to do. Now that I have the hang of getting animations into game guru I'm having trouble going back to stuff that doesn't move
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 17:06:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 17:06:17