Product Chat / Old school rpg style in game guru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 19:30
Hello all So I have been thinking a lot lately as far as fps in game guru. I took a bit of time to create a huge castle city for my game and with out adding scripts, townsfolk and furniture and props and such for the interiors my fps dropped from like almost 600 to a little under 100 with most lowest settings. And I know that once i add the things stated above my fps will probably be next to none, and that is after removing all trees and vegetation and other things from the rest of my world map. So I was thinking, I am a huge fan of older rpg style world maps, like final fantasy, Ultima, Breath of fire and such. So i thought why not bring that aspect of the world map back to life in GG? By that I mean just the aspect of the towns and castles, how they were small models that the character stepped onto and then the next thing you know you are actually inside that structure at normal size. ( screenshot below) But other then that the rest of the map in GG would be normal as GG permits. I believe this would really help as far as fps go and I know there are many people out there that also love that about the old rpg games. Another thing I would love to bring into GG Is that old style of turn based battles as well though I am no script-er by any means and i do not know if that is even possible in GG and if so I would pay for a script like that Just a thought and would love to hear other peoples opinions on this as this is what I am working on right now. Thank you all and take care
Wishing you all the best.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Another thing I would love to bring into GG Is that old style of turn based battles as well though I am no script-er by any means and i do not know if that is even possible in GG"

Can't see why not with the relevant media. Check out my Shooter video I made in GG.

As far as you Castle goes, you may be able to optimise it better if you made it yourself. I imagine it is made of many parts but I could be wrong. You may well get more FPS than you imagine still with a bit more work on the models. If it's store media you are probably as good as you can get without a lot of conversion and model work.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:01:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:01:35