Product Chat / Questions About Credits

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a few queries about credits for the game I am working on at moment.
WIP.
playable demo and youtube video out on First week of August.

I have something along the lines of this.

A mortt media production
in association with Game Guru
and The Game Creators

Story by
Ian J. Morton

Game Design by
Ian J. Morton

Then some more stuff
Music
Titles
Animators
SFX - Graphics
SFX - Sound

Art Work by (Names of the model creators used in the game)
KenCharlesLong
OldPman
Pasquill
and more

Additional Coding by (names of the script writers used in the game)
Zrockweb

Special thanks to ( Names of the people that have given help, information and everything else needed to make this game.)
RetroGameBloke
Game Guru team

And so on.

Is there any type of format that is best for setting out credits?
Should I ask those people that I got the models and scripts from if they want a credit for their work?
Is it OK to use Game Guru and The Game Creators in the title credits?
Same with Nvidia and Intel and so many more.

Where does it end.
What is the minimum that is needed?

Some help with this would be very good, and if you want a credit then that as well.
(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. AOC 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 15:19
Hi,
You would definitely not want to use 'in association with TGC' in your credits since that implies they have commissioned you or have been commissioned by you to produce some part of the game - unless of course that is the case.

Media sold on the store does not require you to give artists credits, although the artists would certainly not mind I am sure.

You don't have to mention Game-Guru at all unless you want to. Some would say it is best not to mention what engine you used to create your game.

You may want to give special mention to those who have helped, but that is up to you of course.

Some credits may be required - for example if you used media (like free audio) from artists that require you to credit them for their work.

Just my thoughts. Hope that helps...

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
brco900033
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 16:35 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2016 16:37
I don't think you can just use the nvidia and intel logos/names in your credits. I think they provide special artworks for that too, you can't just use any logo.

Best is to check their site first and send them an email...
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Jul 2016 18:04
Quote: "I don't think you can just use the nvidia and intel logos/names in your credits. I think they provide special artworks for that too, you can't just use any logo.

Best is to check their site first and send them an email..."

As far as I am aware (i may be misunderstanding something I was told though) to display the NVidia logo on your game you have to have a "made for NVidia" license, part of the process to get that license would involve them examining your work to make sure it complies with their requirements, I would assume AMD have a similar process.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As far as I am aware"

If it works anything like the Microsoft OS certification (Made For Windows XP/7/8/10 ETC) then you are bang on, you must submit the application for scrutiny, but its surprisingly easy to get past there tests (MS), as long as no deprecated API is used and it does not leak memory like a sieve it will pretty much pass , after a six month wait!!

Cant speak for Nvidia or the others, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through for an indie game, I appreciate you want your game to look as pro as possible but you have to draw a line somewhere, when a demo or beta goes down well and attracts a lot of attention then maybe its a consideration, but a waist of time if not, that's my opinion anyway

Lee is an Intel black belt so his runtime (the game engine) should in theory pass stability tests but the nature of GG means it needs to be balanced across all cards and not harness features only found in a certain brand so you might be hard pushed to get any brand to license it as a 'built for' game ..... I could be wrong and it would be interesting to know definitively if I am
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 03:03:43
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 03:03:43