Product Chat / Twitch Sessions - Scheduling Changes and Updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Backgammon, usually.
Posted: 14th Jul 2016 17:56
Looks like there wasn't a Twitch Session this week. But how are we to know? And how are we to know when it's going to be a Thursday instead of a Wednesday?

Lee, you've said in the past that you'll post about it in the forums, but there isn't a consistent place to find those posts, and I never know one way or the other. So I'm creating this special thread just for you, Lee, so you can post (when you have time and remember) about Twitch Session Scheduling changes and updates. Thank you!
Lelando

[I'm not a game designer. Heck, I'm hardly a gamer. But something about building worlds with Game Guru really appeals to me, and I enjoy it a lot. So that's why I'm here. ]
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2016 19:56 Edited at: 15th Jul 2016 02:42
Quote: "Looks like there wasn't a Twitch Session this week. But how are we to know? And how are we to know when it's going to be a Thursday instead of a Wednesday? "

Were you there ?

Lee did appear but in text only .... Due to life's last minute unavoidable situations he was unable to do the twitch ....
But he did appear ... 50 in a row isn't bad to have one problem .Whether this thread is here or not he wouldn't have been able to let us know if it was last minute. First time ever so personally I don't think a thread is needed ...Twitch times and dates are posted on the main twitch page ..

With the best will in the world you cant allow for a last minute unknown situation .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2016 21:34 Edited at: 14th Jul 2016 21:35
As synchromesh has mentioned Twitch sessions can be canceled at a moments notice and moved to another time, it is hard to broadcast live at a scheduled time and avoid all the issues that come with that.

Things get in the way sometimes, for example the internet at Lee's office could go down or a multitude of other things could happen. Often if these things happen Lee won't be able to notify anyone either.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Lelando
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Backgammon, usually.
Posted: 15th Jul 2016 00:31
I almost never watch them live, but after the fact, as I'm usually waking up shortly after they finish. So I had no idea about this week's last minute change. Still, having a consistent place where he can make announcements those times when he can, seems helpful. Plus, then someone else could have had a place to relay that message to others like me, who watch them later. I wasn't trying to bash Lee, I was trying to help by giving him a consistent place to put this type of information. It seemed odd that there are threads for so many other specific things, but not that.
Lelando

[I'm not a game designer. Heck, I'm hardly a gamer. But something about building worlds with Game Guru really appeals to me, and I enjoy it a lot. So that's why I'm here. ]
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:01:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:01:17