Product Chat / Adult Content (Audio)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm considering starting a WIP thread. I would like to post a download link to a demo of my game's first level. However, it contains some foul language.

Would I be allowed to post the link?
Julian
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 22:05
I have moved this to product chat.

As long as its not excessive or racially, politically motivated you are allowed to share the game. Please do not share a youtube video of your game with excessive swearing either.

Thank you!

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
OK. Thanks Wolf. Stand by for a link to my demo level in WIP, hopefully within a week or so.
Julian
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 23:04
This is from the AUP:

Do not post any kind of profanity (swearing)! We have a zero tolerance policy on profanity. However you may link to external content featuring profanity, such as videos or websites, only if giving a clear warning at the beginning of your post in bold red text and if the content is related to your post. Moderators shall at their discretion determine what is profanity, and act accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Dev911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 09:30
Quote: "This is from the AUP:

Do not post any kind of profanity (swearing)! We have a zero tolerance policy on profanity. However you may link to external content featuring profanity, such as videos or websites, only if giving a clear warning at the beginning of your post in bold red text and if the content is related to your post. Moderators shall at their discretion determine what is profanity, and act accordingly.

Hope this helps."

Sorry Im from Spain and sometimes I don't get what you people are talking about.

What does it mean for you profanity or even swearing?

I mean what's the context of this to be offensive.

If i post a level where you can see a hangman, or offensive messages to the player like die or simething like that thats offensive?

nudity or sex conduct in gameplay is about that when you say profanity?

Sorry guys but when you talk about profanity we (spaniards) understand that word like a religious cult that trys to ban everything... so thats why I ask about the specific of this question...
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 09:54
@Dev911:

Hi,

The English language, it's not, in no way, my natural language; however, perhaps the explanations below, from the Cambridge Dictionaries Online, may clarify the terms to you.

Profanity: source: Cambridge Dictionaries Online

>(an example of) showing no respect for a god or a religion, especially through language
> an offensive or obscene word or phrase:

Swearing: source: Cambridge Dictionaries Online

> rude or offensive language that someone uses, especially when they are angry.

Cheers,
Northern
PM
Dev911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 11:58
Quote: "@Dev911:

Hi,

The English language, it's not, in no way, my natural language; however, perhaps the explanations below, from the Cambridge Dictionaries Online, may clarify the terms to you.

Profanity: source: Cambridge Dictionaries Online

>(an example of) showing no respect for a god or a religion, especially through language
> an offensive or obscene word or phrase:

Swearing: source: Cambridge Dictionaries Online

> rude or offensive language that someone uses, especially when they are angry.

Cheers,
Northern"

Hi @Northern...

If you reed carefuly what I wrote before you will see that this is te literal sense of swearing and profanity meaning...

I was asking for what is profanity and swearing applied to our wip posts because I dont want to offend no one and I don't know if a show a couple of heads separated from body and lying over tons of blood will I disturb someone?

I was asking about context not literally meaning...
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 13:17 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 13:26
Quote: "I don't know if a show a couple of heads separated from body and lying over tons of blood will I disturb someone? "

Things like that may disturb or even offend a lot of people, but strangely are not considered profanity. At it's core, Game Guru is a first person shooter creator, and first person shooters are violent. Stay away from nudity and verbage that could offend someone and you should be fine. Link to any videos externally; don't embed them, and like mentioned above, provide a warning. If you have any doubt about what you are posting, just link to it.

EDIT: If you do step over the line, the mods around here are pretty cool. They'll let you know. Just don't do the same thing over and over!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 13:35
I think you should separate concepts.

1- An offensive, derogatory or vulgar behavior in the forum.
Some people who for one reason or another are angry, answer offensively, and use offensive words in the forum.

2- use offensive words, vulgar, nudity, gore, adult content in a game.
In this case the game should be classified for over 18 years, this age limit may vary according to the local laws of each country.

Just my thoughts.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I think most of us know the limits on the English board of swearing / profanity etc
But for example ... if a russian complained that a user called him a jam tart .... That could be foul language or have a totally different meaning for them ..
In any language you know if your swearing or not and whats right or wrong to post ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:38:20
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:38:20