Product Chat / Error 501. Loading_main

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2016 13:32
Hi all... Since yesterday I'm having this issue:

In de dev computer I save a standalone version and it works fine when I play it.

Then I move the standalone to another computers and in both of them I get this error:

''Error 501: (loading_main)''

So whats happening in the development computer standalone version works fine but in the others computers it crash at the loading screen... why?

Im worried because I tried removing the last assets I introduced to the map but it doesnt work and Im afraid to have to restart all my work from scratch...

What can I do?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2016 14:06
Quote: "''Error 501: (loading_main)'' "

#define RUNTIMEERROR_IMAGEILLEGALNUMBER 501
I guess it is talking about splash screen.

Quote: "So whats happening in the development computer standalone version works fine but in the others computers it crash at the loading screen... why? "

Does the other pc has GG installed?

Quote: "Im worried because I tried removing the last assets I introduced to the map but it doesnt work and Im afraid to have to restart all my work from scratch... "

Backup often your work is a good pratice, in GG.

All img files are within your standalone folder?
Sometimes GG does not copy all the needed files in standalone, I does not work with, so ignore if nowaday it does.
Also you need GG installed in a computer, in order to run standalone, at least before, ignore if actually it does.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds an odd one if your standalone works on your dev machine, but copying over the same files doesn't work on your test unit. I assume it has copied over all the files correctly or you would not run it on either machine. Are you grabbing the entire directory it makes and copying that to the other machine? I sometimes have issues with stand-alone's not copying certain image files and such quite often, but that would normally be the case on the dev machine as well, so it can't be that.

It shouldn't matter if the other PC has GG installed, a standalone should work on it's own regardless, with or without GG installed. Obviously with the caveat of having directx 9 installed and no new bugs introduced with the latest version. It does sound to me as if you are trying to load something that does not exist, so I would certainly check your folders are identical on both machines. Perhaps it's an O/S problem or possibly an administrator issue? Does your test machine run other games/tests you have made?

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2016 15:31
Do the other PC's have steam installed?
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2016 17:38 Edited at: 19th Jun 2016 17:41
I often run my GG standalones on machines I have newly installed windows just to see what they run like ... That's a fresh install .. No steam or GameGuru. I do sometimes forget to install DX9 though and that fails ..... but other than that no probs unless the machine isn't up to spec ?

Quote: "Since yesterday I'm having this issue: "

That's the alarm for me .... Probably something on your main machine ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2016 18:20
Think this error popped up for me the other day and it was down to a missing video file that i hadn't copied over to the new p.c.
Intel i5 4950 3.3ghz
8gb Ram
Geforce 210 silent (modified with an angle grinder)
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Think this error popped up for me the other day and it was down to a missing video file that i hadn't copied over to the new p.c."

I assume your trying the same standalone ..... Honkeyboy may be on to something .....
Create a new standalone with just a player and a model and try that ... If your using a custom menu it may also pay to put that back to default for the test.
PM
Dev911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 07:51 Edited at: 20th Jun 2016 09:39
Hi all again:

3com: I did not customize any loading screen yet.
I tested in 2 computers one of the has gg installed and the other is empty and the result is the same in both. It crash at loading screen saying error 501 (loading_main).

Dvader:
I think that all the images are in the right directory and well placed the only error I was getting is the past is one window that sometimes appears in the standalone version with one texture but other times changes the texture to another one but this never affected to the gameplay before... so I dont know what is happenin...

Tarkus1971: I tested in 2 computers one has steam it doesn't work . second one doesn't have steam and still not working.

Syncrhomesh: I would try to do what you say but I never used a custom menu... so it can't be that...

Im worried because development of this scenary took me like a month and I dont want to rebuild all again would be a waste of time...

So Im going to explain the method i've been working with gameguru because a Im not an expert so mayba Im making some mistakes and you can help me to know my errors to learn a little bit more:

Workflow Im doing is this:

Step 1: Level Design: Town.

1.Im creating a town making the models with sketchup and exporting as 3ds model to a folder called ntexports that is placed in desktop of my computer. When i export I get a 3ds model and textures in jpg.

2.In GG Import Model. I import the 3ds file and automatically the textures are in the model (sometimes I get error but is due to the name of texture because if you use the same name program mistakes and gives black texture or even mix with other one that was before with that name).

3. Once its imported to gg i save into user ---> townfolder I've created.

4.I place the imported model into the map and I test everything in the editor and in the standalone final version.

Usually everything goes well and its ok but this time im getting this error 501 (main_loading) and I dont know why.

I tried removing the last 5 custom models I made trying to go back to the last build I remeber to play well in standalone but stills not working so Im desperate about this because I dont know what should I do now, remade everything again or keep ahead with development and fix this later...

what should I do?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok have you tried just Creating a new standalone as suggested ....with just a player and a stock model ....
If that works then it confirms the problem is with your map .... If it fails then we know the issue is in GameGuru or windows
PM
Dev911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 11:53
Quote: "Ok have you tried just Creating a new standalone as suggested ....with just a player and a stock model ....
If that works then it confirms the problem is with your map .... If it fails then we know the issue is in GameGuru or windows"

Ok, so

Im gonna try this you suggested (sorry I didn't get the idea before) and I will post here the results.

I hope I can fix this because if not I'll be in a terrible headache nightmare
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 12:04 Edited at: 20th Jun 2016 12:07
It will get sorted ..... just keep a backup of your map and don't scrap it or do anything silly with it
You could mail me the .fpm file so I could take a look at that if it helps ...

synchromesh@blueyonder.co.uk
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 13:12
Quote: "I dont know what should I do now, remade everything again or keep ahead with development and fix this later...
"

Please don't throw away all that time! Whatever is wrong, it can be fixed; don't panic!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Dev911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 13:55
So...

I created new level place the wizard third person and some custom buildings in the dev pc.

Then save standalone.

Copied the standalone file to test computer 1 and it works fine...

So I think that problem its with something in my map right?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes that narrows it down nicely.....
Try saving as a new name ..... then create as standalone again and see what happens ..

This is going to be trial and error till we find the issue I think ...but we will get there ..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:44:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:44:32