Product Chat / Is it permitted, to use contend, that is bought at the GG Store with other 3D Engines? (TERMS OF THE COMMERCIAL LICENCE)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

is it legal and okay, to use the conent, that I bought and buy at the GG Store, commercially, only with
GG or is it also okay, to use it with different Game Engines? Is the content "fixed" to GG or also for
my general commercial/uncommercial Game Creation projects ?

Quote: "TERMS OF THE COMMERCIAL LICENCE"

Quote: "modify Assets and integrate Assets in "Commercial Games" (as defined below) created using
GameGuru or in other Games;"

Might someone please do tell me?

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 12:09 Edited at: 18th Jun 2016 12:11
If you own GameGuru .... And you buy items from the store .... and they are not packed as " GameGuru Content Only " in which case they are encrypted anyway and clearly stated when you buy ....you are free to use them in any project or engine of your choice ....

The only restriction is you cannot sell them individually or as your own .
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2016 12:13 Edited at: 18th Jun 2016 12:57
TGC products can be used in other engines, but individual artists may not be so friendly! Your best bet would be to contact the artist and ask. (I would think some kind of license term would be included with assets, but I have yet to see one)

EDIT:
Quote: "clearly stated when you buy"
- I guess I never noticed! I'll have to buy something today and look for it!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

@ synchromesh and
@ Jerry Tremble

thank You for Your answers

Quote: "TGC products can be used in other engines, but individual artists may not be so friendly! Your best bet would be to contact the artist and ask."
--->>> Yes, definitely. I would ask the artists first.

Quote: "The only restriction is you cannot sell them individually or as your own ."
--->>> Of course. I wont do that. I only want to use them in my commercial/uncommercial Game. Or modify them for this purpose.[/quote]

Quote: "If you own GameGuru"
-->> Yes, I am a registered user
Quote: ".... And you buy items from the store "
-->> Yes
[quote=].... and they are not packed as " GameGuru Content Only " in which case they are encrypted anyway and clearly stated when you buy ....you are free to use them in any project or engine of your choice ....[quote=] -->> Yes, okay

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yes, definitely. I would ask the artists first."
That would be a chore if you buy from a lot of different Artists, far as I am concerned Artists agree to the license when they upload and are aware of the option to make their content 'GameGuru only'. So I see no need to contacting them.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That would be a chore if you buy from a lot of different Artists, far as I am concerned Artists agree to the license when they upload and are aware of the option to make their content 'GameGuru only'. So I see no need to contacting them."

Rolfy is spot on ... Sellers know the score .... Unless its packed as " GameGuru only " then it would be considered restriction free
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the option to make it Game Guru only is a fairly new one and was definitely not available at one stage. That would mean many artists did not get the option when releasing stuff. I know that clicking the encrypt option has never even worked for me up to now, so I wouldn't be quite so confident! It may work now, but for the majority of the time the store has been up and accepting objects, it wasn't even an option to use (as it did not work).

I don't sell stuff on other stores so it doesn't affect me, but others do I imagine. I do know that I keep prices pretty low here. If I was to sell on other stores I would increase prices accordingly.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I know that clicking the encrypt option has never even worked for me up to now, so I wouldn't be quite so confident! It may work now, "

I think I signed up pretty much the first week and it was there then but I have never used it ....
There are a few that are GameGuru only .... Perhaps I will try it just to see if it works for me ..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
It never worked, always said this feature is for future use or something like that. It probably works now, as the store has been updated to support any engine. This is only a fairly recent thing as far as I know, so most the media will have been uploaded before the change. I haven't tried encrypting since late last year myself, so not sure exactly when it was changed. I'm only guessing it was when the store started accepting non Game Guru stuff. It's been a slow year for me store wise so far, only one object added as yet.

I would think in the main (although I remember heated debates about using different engines at one point), most store artists would not have an issue with you using their assets in a game in any engine. I only mention caution, because of said heated arguments I remember from far earlier days in Reloaded.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2016 21:22 Edited at: 20th Jun 2016 21:51
Hello everyone,

thank You for Your answers so far.

I decided to contact the artists, which assets i would like to use so far.
Since some of the Artists have different names at the store than at the forum, it is kind of challenge
So, for most of them, I decided to create a "Ticket" directly at the store.

I still look forward to the answers of really some of them

Some, I could not figure out, and did not find them while searching at the forum:

"Terry Ingalls"
"Mark Sheeky" and
"gazzbass"

Might someone know, how I could contact them via "PM"?
I did not find these names at the forum.
If someone knows help, please do let me know

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:48:00
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:48:00