Product Chat / GG " Very Positive " on Steam.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 21:05
GG has just gone from mostly positive to very positive on steam,....well, well,....
personally of course I think that is because of the included maps,
" Get To The River " and " Camp Oasis ",........but then I would say that wouldn't
I ?,........ lol.

But joking aside, It's nice to see it,..... it should give Lee a bit of encouragement,
for now anyway.
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1, Intel CPU G530 @ 2,40GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT730 2GB GDDR5,
Patriot Blast SSD, DX11.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 23:02
Good post!
Agree about encouragement, everyone need this from time to time.
Keep up Lee and Team.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 23:44
Congrats to Lee and the team.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 00:33
Good to hear!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 15th May 2016 01:11
I must be several thousand hours in to GG now - time for a review maybe

Great to see that GG is rising within collective opinion.

Cheers.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 01:56
Agreed, Game-Guru is very cool software. Personally I think it is an absolute give-away for the price!

Excellent work Lee and the whole Game-Guru team.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 02:06
I am baffled how gg goes for pittance and agk thousands of pounds.no idea on that one.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Peke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 08:12
Gameguru is taking its rise out of the infant stage. I remember being hyped for it after FPSR was released, and I sometimes still watch the backers video just for nostalgia sake. Its a grown product, and a product that innovates based on what the community wants.

And that, is what makes it gold. Not because its a company designing something and just adding stuff on the go, but the collective efforts of the community that keeps it alive and relevant.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 05:24 Edited at: 16th May 2016 05:28
The stability and optimizing improvements since coming out of Early Access have helped out quite a bit. Wouldn't be surprised if the free content provided from the forums have also helped contributed to the newly positive views. There was a ton of people complaining about a lack of free assets last year. Some of which giving negative reviews with that in mention. I've made sure to keep the steam community well informed that there were plenty more free assets available to them.

Also more and more Youtubers are reviewing the product, driving eager newbie developers to the community. A community of which I think is extremely supportive and helpful. TGC has always had a strong, passionate and supportive following, ready to help.

All in all, I think its safe to say its Lee's continued work and passion for this engine that has really keeping the ball rolling. Each new update is exciting and the DLCs have been received well by the steam community. The 3rd person inclusion was a fantastic idea and has made GG something much bigger and better than "First Person" Creator Reloaded.

As much as I criticize "the easy game maker" tag, it's actually quite inviting and very true to itself. Provides young people and entry level developers the ability to create something with ease and comfort -- without the complexities that come with engines such as Unity and Unreal; of which tend to be quite intimidating at first. I like that Game Guru can be a tool that can serve beginners and intermediates at such an incredibly low price. With its continued support I do believe it has the power to sit well beside some of the top game engine tools out there.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 14:34 Edited at: 16th May 2016 14:40
Here's an interesting idea .....
Lock all the supplied and free assets away .... Give GameGuru away free ( BLANK ) ....
Then charge £20 for access to the thousands of stock and Community assets available

Although people end up paying more ...all those thousands of assets would look such a great deal
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully it will continue to receive good reviews and improve further with new updates I don't think the price of GG is a major problem myself, if the product does a good job. It's starting to get there and therefore, is getting a bit more praise I think Lee and Ravey are doing a great job at the moment.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2016 23:43 Edited at: 16th May 2016 23:43
Quote: "I don't think the price of GG is a major problem myself,"

Its not at all to be honest ...In fact its a bargain for what you get .... It just seems these days some people expect everything to be free for some reason ?
The usual " Why should I buy this when Unity is free " etc ... Nothings ever free at the end of the day IMHO..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 01:13
The creature evolves and continues to grow.
The project continues at its own pace, a slow pace but surely.
Anyone with 2 centimeters brain, can appreciate its positive evolution, so it is only a matter of time, which is valued GameGuru in the right measure.
Continued work and lots of boxes stacked pizza pies, are the key to success.

I'm learning a lot, and enjoying it, at the end that's what matters.
Now we just wait Graduation Party, and when the time comes, I would like to be there.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 01:29
Yes.

Unity is a very rich game development tool, that you can download for free.
It is totally cool if you make money with it.
In fact, we even recommend it You don't owe Unity Technologies a dime.

There is also Unity Pro, which costs $1499. You can find the exact differences here, but the most important ones (imho) are:

All webgames display a Unity logo for about three secounds on startup. (Only goes for webgames, standalone do not have the logo)
Unity Pro packs a few more features than regular Unity.
You need to make less than $100K per year at the time of your purchase.

You do need to have an internet connection to activate Unity the first time you run it.

Engine with all features

Royalty-free

All platforms (limitations apply)

Beta access

pro has way more than this on the list. just because it's somewhat free does not mean it's easy to use. I think most of you all forgot why guru was created in the first place. We ask for this and TGC is making it for us. if you ask someone to build you a custom car or house do you think they would do it for free? no. I don't care what people on steam think or what engine people compare guru to. this is a indie developer game engine. Guru is not a AAA game engine and will not be years from now. Lee is not creating this guru for big paying companies and guru is years behind other engines so there is no point of comparing it to other engines. it seem to me you all lost your way and forget the purpose of this engine. the voting board show that clearly. also don't say a good looking game that is made with guru looks like it was made by unity. you are only giving credit to another game engine and taking that credit away from guru. people have said that a lot about some fpsc games in the past and i never understood why. there are dumb games and bad looking games made with using unity. A game is only as good as the developer using the engine.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 09:31
It is about time that GameGuru was recognised for the great peice of software that it is. Fantastic work guys.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:06:36
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:06:36