Showcase / The face of hope: Underground

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2016 14:59 Edited at: 13th May 2016 17:07
This game about hero which woke up in an abandoned subway station and trying to find a way out. He wants to escape to freedom, go home. But is not something dreamed ...

Here is the link on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683019397 (I'll be happy if you support the project )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 11:52
well, first things first, please don't take offence to what I am about to say but take it as constructive criticism and use it to further your games. Now you joined guru (or at least the forums in December) sorry to say but that's not enough time to have a commercial level game ready, even indie. Also guru in its current state I believe has a bit to go it self before anyone should publish a commercial game. Now onto your game it self:

1. The assets and colour scheme are not compatible with your assets throughout the game, it looks like you start in a subway station, then go to an underground garden maze (where there is no light for the garden to grow) and then to a space station with the mars assets. This makes it look like a cheap thrown together with no plan at all level (not a game).

2. Clutter - There is NONE, every where you go you have used clean hallways and stair cases and no general sign at all of there ever have been any form of life, not even dirt.

3. The garden hedge maze ( i will use this as an example but you can apply whats been said all over the "game", you have square clean cut hedges growing straight out of concrete. Whats wrong here,,, well the hedges need dirt to grow in and sunlight (or artificial UV lights) to make them grow. The dirt could be a built up concrete garden bed to get it off the floor. In this area you would then have leaves and dirt on the floor in patches (think Decals). Somewhere like this would also have sitting benches for people to rest and bins for their rubbish (which would also be on the ground). ok enough for now on that

4. Guns???, you have 1 gun shown in your video and images but no form AI is shown or even mentioned, so why the gun. Its also described as an adventure game. If purely adventure and you have no enemies at all in the game, get rid of the gun. If you have enemies then your video should showcase some combat.

5. No User Interface, but you have game which implies combat (see point 4). A complete game should have its own custom UI

6. No story to it. If its a full game like this there needs to be a story line not just, you woke here, now get out.

I am going to stop there now but the list could keep going on. I am NOT saying this is completely useless but I will say this game should just be a learning experience for you and not the game you want to try and sell. In future I would advise using the WIP thread and showing your progress there and getting advice from some of the really talented and helpful people we have here. Think Rolfy, Wolf, Science Boy (check his twin worlds for a good example) and many others (too many to list sorry those i didn't mention .

Here is the WIP i am doing atm https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214690, and i find I am extremely far from a game as realistically I haven't even finished one level after a few months and am very far from doing so, Let alone even looking at UI customization and things. Also on that level trying to make a shooter game wth a decent amount of AI i find GURU to be very lacking in performance (yet i am looking forward to improvements ).

So please take this as a learning experience and plan out your next one a bit better and use the people on these forums to help you.
PC Specs: Windows 10 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
Trushenka
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for the criticism. This is my first project. What to do with the mess and hedges, decide, thank you. The enemies in the game is, the meaning was to me then add weapon?) Trailer was decided to alter, as well to work with some of the textures and lighting models.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:42:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:42:58