Free Models and Media / Custom Skeleton Re-Texture.

Author
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 10:46 Edited at: 8th May 2016 05:18
I did a few re-textures for the skeleton, and will be doing some for other characters.
I didn't know if it was okay to share these or not on here.
So I'm asking. If I'm given permission, I'll attach them to the thread for download. Check out the Screen cap for an example.

Update. Uploaded the first one. It's kind of a burning/lava/hell version. 2nd one is a frozen one I guess. The third one was more to just make a more realistic, grungy bone texture. It doesn't have glowing eyes.

I did use a little bit from textures.com in these, so the textures can't be used outside of the skeleton warrior model, unless you download the metal texture you see in the first one from there for yourself, which basically gives you the right to use that texture, since it's available in that size for free. And the bloody shirt texture used in the others. And then it can only be the stuff I added as I don't know what the original creator's rules are on their textures and there is still some of the original stuff in these. In the second and third I made a lot of stuff using layer styles in photoshop and the leather textures I added are from my own stock photography.

they go in Game Guru\Files\characterkit\bodyandhead\
Be sure you back up the ones that are there first.

UPDATE: I just updated the third on. The one with the grungy bone texture and no glowing eyes. I wanted one with dark eyeless eye sockets. There are some textures included in the zip that have actual eyes using pics of my own eyes if you want to mess around with that.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th May 2016 18:16
As far as I know, it would be ok to share the textures themselves, but not the model.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:40
Quote: "As far as I know, it would be ok to share the textures themselves, but not the model."

I didn't think so, but I wanted to be sure. Attached the first one.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 19:43
I believe the rule is you have to change 50% of the texture.... not sure if that is right though.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2016 20:12
Quote: "I believe the rule is you have to change 50% of the texture.... not sure if that is right though."

I'm pretty sure I changed at least that, if not more. All of the bone and metal is changed, plus I redid the normals and illumination, speculars, etc.
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 02:13
Quote: "I'm pretty sure I changed at least that, if not more. All of the bone and metal is changed, plus I redid the normals and illumination, speculars, etc."

Yeah, looks like you did. Sorry if it sounded like I implied you had not.
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 02:59
Quote: "Yeah, looks like you did. Sorry if it sounded like I implied you had not."

I took no offense. Didn't mean to sound defensive. I don't think I had uploaded them yet when I typed that, so I was just explaining. I tend to type a lot in replies. Sort of a text version of thinking out loud and I over-explain sometimes. I'm about to upload a model I just made, though. Hope it's useful.
quatermass
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks looks great
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2016 14:29
Quote: "Thanks looks great"

You're welcome and thanks, quatermass.
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 06:48
these look great
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2016 10:12
Quote: "these look great"

Thanks, =VX=Doggy. Glad you like them.
maimas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2016 06:43
Wow way cool THANKS so much UndeadJoe!!
The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits -Albert Einstein
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 08:59
Quote: "Wow way cool THANKS so much UndeadJoe!! "

NP Maimas

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:36:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:36:05