Showcase / From The Fulcrum of Freestyle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2016 21:05 Edited at: 1st May 2016 21:26
CONCERT ZOMBIE KILL

Developer: Pete Schieck, owner of build-a-concert.com

Story (based on true events, weirdly enough): So, Snoop Dogg's camp comes in, and tells me that a band that they love called The Misfits (a metal band from before any of you were born... kidding!) wanted a "cheesy kill 'em" concert game, and I build apps for them. So, with metal and zombies in mind (their favorite theme), I built them a game based on some true security events when I used to work security for Bill Graham Presents, a U.S. concert promoter responsible for Woodstock (I worked for his son).

Some concert people, young and squirrelly as they are, will try anything they can to get out of leaving a concert. They will hide, they will zone out, they will run, they will jump fences, etc. So, some used to zip tie them (again, true story) to the fences, so we could go after other zombies. Remember, this was the 80's. Anyway, I digress. I can only wish I could have used heavier weaponry on them, so I built a game where I could take out my frustrations on some hippie and goth zombies (great zombies in library, by the way).

So, here is the plot of this quick shooter, along with WHY it's not a difficult game:

We sent in the hippies to get rid of the goth zombies who were standing next to the stage, hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite festival celebrities. Well, the hippies eventually threw down their weapons (as they are not into violence of any kind), and were bitten, adding themselves to the small, but growing, throng of loony zombies hanging at the concert. It is now up to YOU to go in, whether with stealth and a sniper rifle, or just run n' gun with the uzi or other weapons, and kill every last one of these zombies. It's not hard, but it can be hazardous, so we have given you a virtually limitless amount of health to get the job done (again, it needed to be easy, as all ages fun). You have weapons all over the place, as they have been dropped by all the hipsters (I mean hippies) who went in, before you. There are even a few RPGs to get the one mythological monster who is hanging, nearby. Also, there are some jet packs that were left behind (hippies are cool scientists, actually) if you want to get a birds-eye view.

The location is an old, abandoned lot behind some battered buildings, after some riots that brought down a few freeways and tunnels. The ancient ruins were a former theme park that got demolished, when the City tried to condemn the old park where the concerts get held.

As you know in punk rock, old beat-up buildings and ghetto areas are the best places to throw concerts, as well as the quietest place for the zombies.

Download (521 MB):
http://www.build-a-concert.com/ConcertZombieKill.zip

Contact me anytime. I know I'm not one of those fancy game builders, as I also do industrial engineering, .Net programming, SQL databases, scientific visualization, and other type work. But, I am a gamer, and I've enjoyed this engine for awhile, watching it all come together. I love the assets, and it was a fun game to build.

pjschieck@aol.com

peace.
Pete Schieck

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2016 16:29
Cool. Nice story.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 22:45:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 22:45:52