Product Chat / Multi single player start marker

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2016 09:05
Is this possible yet? eg I have built a huge 2 map city north and south, the city is 4 levels in height with 2 gates to the other half on each level, but can only use 1 player marker and so 1 gate only. Is there no way yet to add say a numbered single player marker ? That way the player can leave on level 2 and arrive on level 2 of the city or level 1-4 and arrive on the other side of the correct gate? or does anyone know of a workaround for this? Ive also noticed that this isn't in the feature vote is there anyway it could be added please as I think it is a very useful part of any non linier type game (which all of mine are ) thx
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
At the moment not out the box as far as I know. It certainly should be in and perhaps should have been included in the saving standalone update. I've also seen that weapons don't carry over automatically when moving to another level. While it may be useful to have the choice of starting with no weapon, I would have thought as standard it should carry over.

You could probably work around it by defining a few globals that store where you left from and transport you automatically to the right place when you load the next level.

Something like this in the winzone script.

Then something like this in the zone you land in when it loads the next level.

That would need a zone over the player marker to work, but you could alter it to use an entity and distance if you prefer. You would need to replace e in the TransportToIfUsed to the number of an entity in the area you wish to start at. Rough and off the top of my head, but the basic idea should work. You can add in other zones to move to different locations.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2016 19:08
Thanks DVader, that is how I would solve the multiple entrance per level scenario. There is no built-in way to place entrance markers into a level right now, but if you feel multiple Start Markers would serve then I can look at that. Are there other ways we can achieve this as right now it is a useful feature for the old start marker to be deleted when a new one is placed, so you can move the start position of the level quickly without hunting down the old one and deleting it manually as the new system would have you do.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2016 16:57
Thanks Dvader, Lee for the response i'll have a go at that and see how it works, I kinda had the idea of maybe manually numbered start markers (a little like transportinzone) whereas you could manually number a player start marker and then marry that to a winzone. I think by adding this feature it would make the levels/games much more realistic. I also agree with the weapons idea as because you have to manually set e.g arrow amounts and the weapon you carry loses some realism. I was just actually making a quest where the player (a ranger by default) after fighting his or her way though a dungeon gains the dragon staff and its kind of a shame to just have to have that equipped and not the bow as well when you enter the next level ( maybe a trigger with addplayerweapon?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 07:40:52
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 07:40:52