Product Chat / Few questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. How to make weapons and ammo transfer to next level?
2. Can player now change advanced graphic settings, like bloom, sun rays... via .ini files like in this thread?
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214131
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 10:41
Answers:

1. How to make weapons and ammo transfer to next level?
A: It should do this automatically. If it does not, this is a serious bug and give me a quick step by step so I can add it to the snag list, thanks! I am sure you can use scripting to hack in a solution, but it should be fixed if its not the case by default.

2. Can player now change advanced graphic settings, like bloom, sun rays... via .ini files like in this thread?
A: Yes you can modify the visuals.ini file in your standalone executable if you wanted to create some kind of graphics options pop-up before the main game launches. The engine uses this INI file to configure the default modes for these effects.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Unknown Nomad Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Make two maps, first map with player with weapon or weapon pickup and winzone, second map without them.
2. Set multilevel trigger on it.
3. Make standalone game. (multilevel does'nt work for in editor for oblivious reasons)
4. In second level, player does'nt have weapon.

As for second question, I meant tweaking graphic options via preset system in game. Tweaking graphical setting before launching game is kinda, well, unpractical. Player should not guess what settings are best for his computer.

Quote: "Based on the request from 'Unknown Nomad Studio', how about a visuals.ini override system so you would have something like visuals-low.ini which contains a short list of fields you want to override globally, this way you can change the shader levels but also anything else in the visuals field list. An example of fields you might want to change per-graphics choice:

visuals.shaderlevels.terrain=3
visuals.shaderlevels.entities=2
visuals.shaderlevels.vegetation=3
visuals.shaderlevels.lighting=2
visuals.DistanceTransitionStart#=4000
visuals.DistanceTransitionRange#=400
visuals.CameraNEAR#=2
visuals.CameraFAR#=70000
visuals.TerrainLOD1#=4000
visuals.TerrainLOD2#=5000
visuals.TerrainLOD3#=5500
visuals.TerrainSize#=100