Product Chat / Viral Outbreak,Freaks and Abominations and Zombie Apocalypse 2 in guru

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2016 16:41
The moment you all been waiting for.lol so why is all these fpsc classic packs are now just getting converted? well because guru commands are now in line but they have been for some time. but things like bugs in guru cause some odd problem. let's just these bugs stay away and don't come back in another update. but on top that I have learn how to script with lua as I did with fpi. just like fpsc I did not want to depend hard coding or the models from TGC store. I want to do what I want with this engine and the way I want my game to be. over the years I have learn a lot from fpsc and have done more with it then most. still in the day I am pushing that engine getting the most out of it. guru for right now is nothing but my side chick.lol until mature into a full decent game engine. enjoy and more to come. will post the rest later.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Very Cool !!
Great Job
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
come to me---come to me...
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 09:51
It's worth pointing out that Mark Blosser did not give permission for his packs to become open source like the other FPSC model packs so the Viral Outbreak and other models will not be released for free into the community like the other packs. They will, however, become available through the core product as free add-ons in the near future The packs I am currently refining for release are Egyptians, Fantasy, Freaks, Metro, MP4, Modern Day 2, Viral and Zombie Apocalypse 2 which Mark has kindly agreed I can release into the core product to expand the characters available.

@MXS: Great to see you've got the characters animating and attacking in GameGuru, I've not got them that far just yet. They just stand there looking dumb, so it would be great if you could email me at lee@thegamecreators.com as I would like to learn what you did Cheers!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lee
Perhaps it would be worth letting MXS do the job for you with all those characters if he's willing ?
It would be great to get them all done without taking you off your coding
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2016 13:31
@LeeBamber sure I will do that for you and be more then happy to help out. I want everyone to enjoy these models in guru. it's a easy process for me and I will explain all in the email and pass the files over once done.

@synchromesh I agree.

devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Would be great to share this with the community not the models just the tut ,
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 08:49 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2016 10:00
I've been having a lot of fun playing around with Mark Blosser's awesome creations from way back, aswell . Going to be taking advantage of the character soundset system whereas you can have more than one audio file by placing them in the idle, attack, death and etc bins. Will for sure be using these guys in my own game projects.

Be awesome if we could get all of bond1 shaders working so we can replicated the awesome effects that Medusa character has in the viral outbreak pack.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic work .... They look awesome
PM
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 14:40
Just tell us HOW you did it, most of us still have the assets in their idling FPSC directory
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2016 04:09 Edited at: 24th Apr 2016 04:24
no worries Ertlov I will release the fpe file for those who have these packs. but it is good for Lee to get hand for these packs so he can do some coding to make them work flawless. anyway here is a sneak peak at what I been scripting. A little foot work

also checkout the pic. I feel guru graphic does not have any time line that looks like something from 2001-2005. I feel this engine is in a league of it's own. great things can happen this year if we can push aside the unnecessary things.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2016 05:03 Edited at: 24th Apr 2016 05:35
Hi Ertlov, for Freaks and Viral Outbreak characters, it's mostly just LUA that needs adjusting (sourcing from GG stock scripts). These two pack models do not deform in GG if given the correct FPE settings. Unlike some of the stock FPSC characters which require biped fixes in 3rd party software.

I personally, like to add the correct animations sets in the CSI_ Animation lists. I do this in the event that GG eolves to make more use of them. For things like climbing, falling, swimming, crawling and etc. Currently we have to rely a lot on making our own LUA scripts that contain literal animations frames in them for walking, idling and attacking. Hopefully in the future we could just reference the CSI_ Animation list only and safe up on editing time and get better results and more improved behaviors.

I've received very little issues with Mark's models. A part for when they place them in busy interior spaces. There is bugs there that I cannot identify the issues so far to. Always been a fan of Mark's work and I'm glad I've kept them around so long. You should be able to use every character in the packs within GG without any major issues. I currently have all of them working to some degree within the GG engine (without biped modification or 3rd party projects).

Quote: "I feel guru graphic does not have any time line that looks like something from 2001-2005. "

I agree, I think it all comes down to the quality of the models. Although there are some areas where improvements really do need to be made. There are cases where certain games from back 10 years ago still look superior. Though this is due to the wide variety of shaders those companies have.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 07:43:45
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 07:43:45