Third Party Tools / What 3D modeling (and 3D animation) Program do You use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2016 22:50 Edited at: 19th Apr 2016 23:03
Hello,

just wonder, which 3D modeling (and 3D animation) Program is used by the Artists, that create Contend for GG?

I plan to (a) create 3D Models and to (b) modify existing once or (c) combine different once (f.e. *.fbx and *.x files).
What are Your experiences and advices?
And finally (d), it would be great, if the created contend is also free for the use inside commercial Games or even for selling it.
In the Future it would also be nice for me to (e) create and control animations (but not right now).

There are complex and immensively expensive once out there like Maya and 3D Max and although more affordable once, or even free like Blender.
I dont know, but does also the Development Kit for the Unreal Engine come with such an Editor? --> I do not know?

Currently I do work with Modo Indie 901, Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro (Maps and converting 3D Files into different formats), Bitmap2Material 3, an old version of Photoshop and uptodate of Gimp.
Aditionally but currently not in use: Milkshape 3D, Silo 2, fragMotion, Aartform Curvy 3D 3.0, Substance Designer 4 and Substance Painter.

What is Your experience?
And what might be Your advice for me on this issue?
Perhaps You got a little hint for me?

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i think it is down to personal preference what people use,
if you search through the forums you can see many people use different software.
i found it best trial end error making basic cubes, trying different textures and normal maps
to find what works best, or looks best, lighting will make a difference when finally approached by tgc.
but it would be difficult to judge what you model will look like in GG due to not having the same shaders GG
uses or lighting system to emulate in other software to work it out, but if you take a look at the structure of
other models and textures in GG it will give you some idea of how and what shaders work with different models
or entities in GG. i think most people are at a loss as nothing is set in stone at the moment and lighting and shaders
may change as GG evolves.
PM
Mortt
Years of Service
User Offline
So many to choose from.
It has taken me years to be happy with what I use now.
Started with very bad and expensive ones years ago, but for the time they were cutting edge.

Now they are very good and I use a few
Daz 3D and Animator and plugins for models and animations and character creations
Poser its much like Daz 3D
Hexagon for 3D design and transporting models
Bryce and Blender for landscapes, scenes and other models
Gimp with dds plugin and Corel Draw for artwork
Corel Video and Paint shop
DaVinci for serious Video production.

And still not enough hours in a day.
(Custom) Intel i7 3.3 Mhz. 16 GB fast ram. EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 4GB. Dell US27 2560 x 1440. AOC 24 1920 x 1080. Awesome.
Next G. Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 PCIe3.0 Graphics Card.
Would Like EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCIe3.0 Graphics Card
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:18:54