Product Chat / camera locks

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 07:37
I see there is a camera lock to stop the player from looking up and down but how hard would it be to lock the turning left and right? It seems that a true isometric game would have the camera above and locked. This would also help with creating a side scroller/platformer or even a game where you are to only move forward into the screen. Add a way to jump on enemies heads to kill them and you have the recipe for mario clones galore.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
No command for actually locking the mouse yet .... And we could do with directional fire for platformers .....
I have a suspicion Lee is holding off until he does 3rd person for all characters and platform game integration as voted for on the board .

Its a great feature GG needs for game diversity so hopefully it will start to creep to the top of the list
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 18:44 Edited at: 16th Apr 2016 18:45
I've asked for a proper lock feature as I noticed the issue when making my Easter Demo. Lee said he's try to add it as a Lua command at some point. Also a way to stop the camera moving when scenery gets between you and the character is needed as well.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2016 10:52
Yes, my plan is to externalize the player control system, so these kinds of ideas can be hacked indirectly with a few extra LUA lines, which of course means you would no longer have to wait for me to add a property or sub-system Once the voting board centers around 'player-esk control' stuff, that will be my opportunity to externalize it (just like I did for standalone game title page and menus when Save/Load was added).
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 02:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 02:32:54