Product Chat / How to use this "replaceentity" feature ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know it is there, because Lee once revealed a piece of code that made use of it
and there are log entries like this on missing Media:

"entitybank\\01 - STRUKTUREN\GEBÄUDE\Industriegebäude\Blue Warehouse.fpe=replaceentitybank\\01 - STRUKTUREN\GEBÄUDE\Industriegebäude\Blue Warehouse.fpe"

This one is obviously marred by the lack of proper configuration behind it

The fpm came from another user who prefers to keep his assets in a private directory structure. I own the most of this assets also myself, so, the transfer of the whole package would be less than useful.

I could do a dirty re-adjust of the paths in the .fpm, but that is kinda awkward, and would require re-re-arrangement when the fpm should be returned to its originator.

I suppose, the "replaceentity" thing is a proper way to solve this condition transparently, but I am not aware how to properly configure it.

Surely, somewhere, a replaceentity file which contains the " hooks" to the respective paths needs to be put,
and most likely, somewhere else, GG needs to be instructed to actually use this file.

How exactly can this be done ? A simple example for just one entity would be welcome- and hopefully sufficient.

thanks in advance

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 15:38

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 16:11
After the log file has been generated and you get the message, then change the path of the second part of each missing media line.
Example:
entitybank\\01 - STRUKTUREN\GEBÄUDE\Industriegebäude\Blue Warehouse.fpe=replaceentitybank\\YourNewFileLocation\Blue Warehouse.fpe

Do this to all of them and then reload the map, then I would save it as a different map name.

Hope that explains it more.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 20:43 Edited at: 16th Apr 2016 22:55
Thanks a lot, Myke !
I searched the forum both with the interal search function as well as with google site search, but to no avail.
I'll check out how I can use what is shown in the video, though it won't be as easy as in the video.
Will probably have to scan the whole entity tree (by a program) and will have to make redirections line by line, since
generic replaces won't work - but that's easy enough.
best regards
UPDATE:
First of all: Thanks also to Belidos for the video (shame on me that I forgot to mention you).

2. Well, it works for me now, and I made a little tool to do all the searching for the proper replacements and creating the replacefile automagically.

Quite a step forward.
Best regards
Yrkoon
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 01:50:21
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 01:50:21