Product Chat / Restricted Contend Mode - how to rest the 4digit Code?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

how can I reset the 4digit Code for the "Restricted Contend Mode", so that Blood etc. will be shown again?

How might I achiev this?

Regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 20:34 Edited at: 14th Apr 2016 20:35
In the help menu in the editor is the choice to toggle this.
Press and enter the 4 digit code you used to unlock and restart Game Guru.

If you forgot your code it is listed in this file.

parentalcontrolmode.ini

in the Game Guru root folder.

I have made a suggestion that it gets written encrypted or a registry entry so it would not be so easy to figure out how to hack it.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

R.E.Z.
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Pirate Myke,

thank You for Your Help =)
Works great.

Best regards,
R.E.Z.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 20:50
Your welcome.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 23:03
this is so dumb now I have to hit ESC ever time I start guru up. this just annoying now. I don't ever have the tutorialonstartup on because I was annoyed by that.. I wish someone else was making an easy to use game engine so I can just jump ship and avoid stupid little add on things like this. put this dumb feature in and yet we don't even have use of the XBOX controller. why I ask why is it so hard to get the things that is more important in this engine and avoid these little dumb tricks of features. I see one more thing like this come to this engine and I'm done. I will say all I feel on steam comments and mark this engine down. time was wasted when we could have had something as small as the Xbox controller leaser tracer or decals for the bullet holes.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 08:41
Quote: "put this dumb feature in and yet we don't even have use of the XBOX controller. why I ask why is it so hard to get the things that is more important in this engine and avoid these little dumb tricks of features."

Firstly, one of the main reasons that this feature was implemented is because GameGuru has become a popular piece of software in schools to teach kids the basics of game design, and TGC are working quite closely with some of them. A parental control is pretty much a needed feature for this.

Secondly, Adding something like proper Xbox controller support would mean days, maybe weeks, of coding. However the parental control is quite an easy job to code, it's not massively time consuming, probably only a few hours, and was probably knowing Lee, something he coded in his own time, and doesn't detract from the rest of the work being done.

If you are on the verge of jumping ship simply because you have to hit escape once at the beginning of your session, then I wonder if you are cut out for game design, pressing escape once at the beginning of a session is absolutely no work at all, and it seems a little childish to be threatening to leave over something so little.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
By Default the parental feature is off ......
Also have you done the recommended verify after updating the new build ??
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 13:57
The system is designed to only pop up the restricted mode dialog once, when it first creates the parentalcontrolmode.ini file. Secondary running of GameGuru should not show the prompt, if you are seeing it every time then it sounds like a bug. Is anyone else seeing this keep popping up, or is it just once as I designed it to be. Can you send me a link to the XBOX Controller you are using, there are several now and I don't want to get the wrong one for this addition. I have an XBOX Controller, which is supported now, but it was added a while ago and probably not compatible with yours.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 04:12:49
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 04:12:49