Product Chat / BSP FPSC and custon characters in guru

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 19:58
so everyone want to bring the old characters fpsc into guru. well for me Animer was not the way to go I wish I never wasted my money on that software. became very useless and more of a pain for me. but I found a much easier way that made more sense. guru scripts and animation is very basic which means you can use the same animation from fpsc or any other custom animation. still got some tweaking to do but this was better and fun to work on then any other way. also the ragdoll is not enable so they are using the basic death animation. but all will work with ragdoll. once I'm done tweaking the fpe I will bring all fpsc character into guru. also fpsc has many types of animation of how the characters hold the gun which is way better then guru animation. this will allow other weapons to come in play. enjoy.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent !!
Am i guessing the conversion is a secret as you dont use Animar for the process
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2016 22:18
Cool. but does this have the new Game Guru animations in them so they work with the default current scripts, or did you convert the classic scripts over?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
cool... i noticed that for custom charactera and scifi mutant characters they tend to point another direction when they fire to you..this seems to dont happen for bsp and fpsc character..

btw.. give us the secret and the tool---- LOL

n.b. I'm waiting for ages to convert all my fpsc old character to guru..
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i noticed that for custom characters and scifi mutant characters they tend to point another direction when they fire "

Perhaps he used up to date scripts then .... Stock characters seem to be doing that now
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Am i guessing the conversion is a secret as you dont use Animar for the process"

Quote: "guru scripts and animation is very basic which means you can use the same animation from fpsc or any other custom animation."

Quote: "once I'm done tweaking the fpe I will bring all fpsc character into guru."

So I think he did this with changing the fpe animations

If there is a standart way, you could tell me per PM/any way you wish and I could write a tool
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 01:42
Quote: ""Am i guessing the conversion is a secret as you dont use Animar for the process""

They should be fairly easily imported into GG. All you really need to do is run the models through fragmotion and mender to re-set the root bone (if you don't do this you get wobbly arms), then create an FPE with the animations listed (this is the hard part, you have to work out all the start and end frames for each animation and match them up to each csi animation), at least that's all I had to do with the couple I tested.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "They should be fairly easily imported into GG. All you really need to do is run the models through fragmotion and mender to re-set the root bone (if you don't do this you get wobbly arms), then create an FPE with the animations listed (this is the hard part, you have to work out all the start and end frames for each animation and match them up to each csi animation), at least that's all I had to do with the couple I tested."

yes i know... i made the same few years ago and worked .. but it was tedious..so if there another faster mode it wouldbe cool.
PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 08:37 Edited at: 10th Apr 2016 08:42
@Belidos I did not need mender at all I found using all that extra software to be a waste of time.

@ everyone else I plan to release this but not sure how I would go about it. I may team up with someone here or just release the fpe. I only use guru scripts and fpsc animation so it's no secret. this a method I use in fpsc but I had to wait for guru to mature to allow me to do this. also the scifi mutant have that issue because of the weapon they are using. in fpsc this not an issue but it can be solve in guru. for right now they can just use BSP scifi weapon and work just fine. it basically have something to do with the firespot system which can be an easy fix. so I'm not worry about it but they are not coming to guru anyway this was just an demo. I plan to bring fpscx10 characters to the party. now as far as BSP characters goes their animation is not like fpsc stock animation which they may do more. but for right now enjoy pack 53 341 soldiers.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Mr Xela
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great man nice work!
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 21:05 Edited at: 10th Apr 2016 21:06
well i did post a rig here https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214272
if used in max it has biped and fig file for animation in gg it has right handed firespot ready to go
if you want to rig some old or new models just use the masked soldier fpe.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 21:12
That is actually an older Reloaded Biped.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh when did it change was done in December 2015 from masked soldier
that's if you are referring to the biped uploaded.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 04:20:26
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 04:20:26