Product Chat / Guys Where Are the Females?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 15:07
I've been with GG from the start and its coming along wonderfully, but where are the females? I'm a female GameDev (Yes I know that's rare and would like to have a female character(s) in my game.

Is that in the works? Do you have a model for females being made in the character creator? I checked the market only thing I saw was a mermaid.

I keep coming back and re-downloading hoping this had been added and checking on 3rd Person Controls/Camera (think that has been added?)

Anyone have any good news?
Laptop: Asus Processor: Intel Core i7-4500 CPU @ 1.8Ghz 2.40 Ghz / 64 Bit Processor / Ram 8.00 GB / Windows 8.1/Nvidia GeForce PT745M
Desktop: HP / Windows 7 / Processor: AMD A8-3800 APD w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.40 GHz / Ram 8.00 GB/ Nvidia GeForce GTX550
Game Modeler, Concept - Mystery Adventures and Social Worlds.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 15:42 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 16:01
Hello Merries.

Not many female characters for Game guru yet.

Using Fuse one can generate female characters and have them work in Game Guru with some modifications.
One would need a model program that can export animated direct x files.

Fuse is free on Steam right now, and fun to play with at the very least.
But what you could do is generate some and export them to .obj format, and them some generous soul could rig them and apply the animation file to them. Making them Game Guru ready.

You can finds threads in this forum on it by searching for FUSE.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 16:00
There're female zombies ^^
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 16:19
What kind of female character , you are looking for?

modern, medevil., warrior etc

Harry

Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 16:48
Hmm! There are a few female characters in GG already and in the Fantasy DLC.

The main character of my game is female. LINK and I am working on one for free download sometime in the future. LINK

There are also very many female chars in the FPSC packs that are now free and if you want to purchase some... Dexsoft and Arteria3D sell plenty.

You see, no shortage of female characters!

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 17:04 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 17:06
Quote: "but where are the females?"

In my house!
Although they do not seem very happy to see me.

Welcome! to the forum

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
3rd Person control has been around for awhile now, but there is a lack of characters supporting it. I believe you can force an enitity into the mode with "isthirdperson = 1" in the FPE, but never tried it as yet.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 20:53
We would probably extend the selection of female characters via the Character Creator, so let me know what characters you would like to see and I'll add it to my list for the next time I corner an artist to do characters for me. The Fantasy DLC has a female Archer which you would find in the character creator once installed, and I believe we have female combat soldiers and civilians and a fair quantity of hair styles. Absolutely agree we need more though, just need some guidance as to context.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
There are a number of female characters available for Game Guru, although not as many as there are male characters. Currently there are 10 female zombie characters and 2 medieval assassin characters that come with the base software. In the Fantasy DLC you have a female Ranger (Archer) and of course the Mermaid in store. You can also create your own female characters in the character creator with a total of 8 heads, 12 bodies and 15 head attachments. So there are a fair number of options for you to play with, although it would be nice if they had a number of female versions of the male bodies (they only have 3 female soldier bodies, the rest are civilian bodies besides the fantasy ranger body). You also have a number of 'gender neutral' characters in the store and the fantasy DLC pack.

At the moment there is only one character that supports 3rd person control, which is the fantasy wizard that comes with the base software. You also have a 3rd person rabbit character that comes with the Easter DLC, however it is only available until the 5th of April.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 21:59 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 22:23
There were plenty of female characters in that awesome Task Force pack in FPSC. Be great to see those make their way to GG. They were not too much trouble to convert over.

Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Attachments

Login to view attachments
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There were plenty of female characters in that awesome Task Force pack in FPSC. Be great to see those make their way to GG."

It would be great if more of the FPSC characters made there way into Guru, like the WW2 characters for example. Perhaps in a mini DLC like the Easter pack.
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 22:18
It probably depends on how much effort you want to expend to get characters into GG, it can be done:

Cheers.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 22:21 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 22:27
I''m quite novice to character modeling, but have recently started working on the female form. Since they are so drastically from males. You can't really just stick a female head on a man's body. The hips, chest and everything is quite different to convey the female form. I'm still in the process of learning.

As you can see... still needs lots of work (mapping is easy but getting the polys to convey the correct geometric form is tough.)

Quote: "It would be great if more of the FPSC characters made there way into Guru, like the WW2 characters for example."

Have no worries, I'm actually working on that (WW2 characters) for the community. Although they are all male. I actually think it was pretty awesome what Dream Works did with the Metal of Honor series, that took place during WW2. They had a female lead in Metal of Honor: Underground.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740

Attachments

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 22:35
Yeah female fantasy villagers. Always some good need for medieval females warriors archers thieves rogues innocent farm girls and evil sorceress to princess to female.orcs.and elves.and dwarves
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
display mode error
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have no worries, I'm actually working on that (WW2 characters) for the community. Although they are all male. I actually think it was pretty awesome what Dream Works did with the Metal of Honor series, that took place during WW2. They had a female lead in Metal of Honor: Underground."

Not female characters per se, but a more diversity of characters in general. Currently we have fantasy, horror (mainly zombies though), a huge number of 'modern warfare' variations and a small number of cartoon and sci-fi characters. In a FPSC there were a huge variety of characters from many different genres that included old west, historical, Vikings, clockwork and roman etc. It would be cool if they could be converted over. I started to converted a few of the static entities from FPSC, although you have already done the hard work for me. I lack the knowledge to convert characters however...
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2016 03:24 Edited at: 6th Apr 2016 04:11
Whenever they implement character creator parts for the store I (and I'm sure many others) will be constantly pumping out female characters and customizable parts for it. I know the character creator is 'not in it's final form', but we do keep getting character creator parts as updates in dlc using the same method. I would create and sell them on my own but I would fare much better in the store since they would essentially be proprietary to Game Guru. I do see the customizable character option as the staple for Game Guru's future.

EDIT: a closer look at the store reveals there aren't many characters at all. I wonder if many are waiting on CC implementation.

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Teabone - looks like you've really been studying the female form there! Looking good!
Julian
PM
Merries
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 19:45
Sorry I did not check back sooner guys, thanks for all the info. So the FPSC packs can be used with a bit of modification? I'm a 3D modeler but am weak in the character animation department. Could someone point me to info on setting up the FPSC pack are they specific packs?

As far as female characters, some modern ones to start say, adventure type, I know its cheesy but similar to a Laura Kroff.

Teabone looking good. As far as the character creator I didn't see the above mentioned parts but Ill be sure to look again.

Ah ok so you can't convert characters as yet to 3rd person, though someone above mentioned a tweek in the files to do it?
Laptop: Asus Processor: Intel Core i7-4500 CPU @ 1.8Ghz 2.40 Ghz / 64 Bit Processor / Ram 8.00 GB / Windows 8.1/Nvidia GeForce PT745M
Desktop: HP / Windows 7 / Processor: AMD A8-3800 APD w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.40 GHz / Ram 8.00 GB/ Nvidia GeForce GTX550
Game Modeler, Concept - Mystery Adventures and Social Worlds.
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 20:01 Edited at: 17th Apr 2016 20:02
Quote: "As far as female characters, some modern ones to start say, adventure type, I know it's cheesy but similar to a Laura Kroff. "

I've been saving this one for when 3rd person was better implemented to give as a freebie but if you're interested I could rig her to the standard 3rd person rig so you can play around with her now or if you want I could rig her to the standard GG enemy skeleton. The model is 3 years old and I plan on making a more updated higher poly version later. Just let me know if your interested; I'll have to dig around my old comp to find her.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 03:19:31
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 03:19:31