Product Chat / My Project Ideas [NEED SOME FEEDBACK]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2016 17:19
I am very new to GameGuru but I have much experience in UE, Refractor 2 and old school Scratch 2D editor!

Although this editor is not professional, I do like it for one primary reason. I believe that the future of the gaming industry should make game making easier and more accessible to the public. This engine is so straight forward that anyone with no experience can create a simple game using the ready made assets and distribute it.

What I plan to do with GameGuru is to start a YouTube series documenting and investigating if this engine is a suitable platform to make profitable games. I hope to test if a novice installed the software, could they make a game worth buying!

The main issue I have with GameGuru is the AI - The AI is really bad which makes singleplayer games pointless to design. The multilayer aspect of GameGuru is what interests me. The main issue with the multiplayer is the lack of standalone (which is ESSENTIAL if you want to distribute your game).

SO - HERE ARE 2 IDEAS I HAVE

1 - Singleplayer Zombie Survival
It's a cliche genre which has already been done very well in other games such as DAYZ but I believe that the novelty of Zombie Survival games is still alive and that a well made survival game would still attract gamers. The zombie AI in GamerGuru is suitable enough as Zombies are not intelligent. If I were to settle on this idea, here are the list of things to do:

- Collaborating with a coder/ programmer to set up scripts
- Use ONLY DLCs and Store content to design the game (Scripts & Assets)
- Create a vast level with various other sub-levels used as interior spaces (Like in FALLOUT 3)
- Inventory System
- Save and Load System
- Random Item/ Loot spawning
- Day/ Night System
- Stamina System
- Overhauled Health System (Bleeding, Bandages & Zombie Infection)
- Natural Needs System (Energy, Hunger & Hydration Primarily)
- Improved Sound Design (Because the default sound design for NPC movement and character noise is terrible)

These are the main things I would need to achieve for this game. Other features are not priority. Feedback on this idea and the list would be much appreciated. I would like to know if all of this is achievable.

2 - Modern Military Multiplayer FPS
Again, another generic idea which constantly proves to be forever popular. I would only choose to work on this project if Multi player standalone was introduced. Also, it would also be imperative for GameGuru to incorporate a dedicated server system which stores player stats. To do list:

- Simple stat tracking (Kills, Points, Deaths e.c.t)
- Some form of accolades (Most kills, Most points e.c.t)
- Simple levelling system unlocking load-outs
- Set load-outs (As I assume any time of customisation would be to hard to incrorperate
- Various game-modes (TeamDeathMatch, DeathMatch, CapTheFlag e.c.t)

These again are the main priories on this project. Feedback would be nice! Not to sure what GameGuru are doing about a built-in VOIP system or if it could be implemented in the game.

THANKS FOR READING - ANY FEEDBACK OR COMMENTS IS WELCOMED
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:03:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:03:01