Product Chat / GG does not change defaultstatic propertie in old meshes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 16:14
Hi guys
Really don't know how title this thread, so I've try to explain better the issue.
In fact there are 2 issues.

ISSUE 1
I've some map with a scifi base. When starting I do not mind attaching any script to it, so I've setted as static mesh.
Now I've change my though and now I need my scifi base as dinamic, because the script.
So, I edited fpe file, change "defaultstatic=1" by "defaultstatic=0", with GG close.
Reboot GG, reopen map, and my scifi base remain as static (red color); but if I add a new scifi base it comes as dinamic one.

So, does not matter, just change old mesh for the new one and your done!.
Unfortunatelly I've already placed all sort of items, markers, decals, lights, etc, etc. And start from scrach, well... I prefer discover why it is done, and fixed it.

I should clarify, in both cases, the scifi base are the same mesh, just change "defaultstatic=1" statement, in fpe file.

ISSUE 2 - same mesh

In max, even in GG time before, it works nice.
Now it works in Max, but GG does not not.

One base (station) wall, does not appear in GG, but in Max.
In test mode, that wall simple does not exist, you can walk thru.
I`ve tried all possible fixes with not to avail.

All the scifi base appears as expected, but that wall.
Tha wall is exactly a copy of all other walls in the base's corridor, sharing textures, and so on.
Why the rest is well done, visibles, nice texture and so on, but that wall does not appear in the map?

It's a bug, or I'm doing something wrong?

If you need some vid, I can produce one of my superb-faster video productions, with my superb-mega-cool-crappy video card. LOL

Thanks in advance for all tips.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 16:58
If you change the FPE after placing an object you need to delete the .obj file gameguru creates in the folder with the object in, and then restart gameguru, itherwise it remembers the previous settings.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 17:07 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2016 17:17
Static and dynamic settings used to be retained in the .bin files, the .dbo are only converted model format and should not contain any reference to fpe settings. These are also auto updated if you make changes to .x on restart so shouldn't be retaining old info anyhow.. Since there are no bin files created any longer it may be that the folder has some old ones left over from previous versions, delete these and see if it changes after a restart for you. If not you will have to select and change each item to dynamic manually.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 17:14
Quote: "Static and dynamic settings used to be retained in the .bin files, the .dbo are only converted model formats and should not retain any fpe settings. These are also auto updated if you make changes to .x on restart so shouldn't be retaining old info anyhow.. Since there are no bin files created any longer it may be that the folder has some old ones left over from previous versions, delete these and see if it changes after a restart for you. If not you will have to select and change each item to dynamic manually."

That's how I understood it. However, that's not happening (at least for me), whenever I change an FPE setting it never actually changes in GameGuru until I have deleted the .dbo file and restarted GameGuru.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 17:27 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2016 17:47
The .dbo file is a model format, it should only change any references to the mesh or maybe texture if the texture field in the fpe is left blank. It might be that GG now retains the old .bin info internally as part of the level info and deleting dbo is forcing a change in this but as I said you should not even have to delete these and folks still do so only through habit.
If deleting the dbo manually fixes the problem then you should do so but to my knowledge shouldn't make any difference to fpe settings. I often swap out shaders and textures this way without deleting anything since the recent changes but never had to do it with objects already placed in a built level so cant say for sure. But far as I am aware there is no reason why dbo would contain field settings from the fpe, if they did then these settings would be in effect across all the models you place down since only one dbo per entity is created.
Default information in bin files can be overridden by fpe and/or editor property settings but the only info I am aware of that is in dbo that can be changed in this way is the texture and shader paths.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm curious why you don't just change it via the properties panel?
Also for the new fpe to be in effect you will need to select the model again from the entity browser (I.e. open add new entity), any already on the map will not be changed (at least that's how it's always been for me, I'm not sure if it's visual or not though).
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 19:05
Well, I got the wall working fine, I've noticed Max naming 2 meshes with the same name (wall003), it apeears does not problem for Max, but for GG; since I've rename those 2 meshes, and now it work fine in GG.

about the static item.

Rolfy
Quote: "If not you will have to select and change each item to dynamic manually."

smallg
Quote: "I'm curious why you don't just change it via the properties panel?"

It does not present "Static mode" field, in properties panel. So the only chance I had was to change via fpe file.

Belidos
I've done, redone, delete dbo before try, restar GG, load map, and nothing change.

It would be as smallg said, but I had not noticed it before.

So, new mesh and manually redone all.

I must add than the base1 (scifi station), is a single mesh.
The others meshes are fine, and retain their info, since I do not touched them.

Just afraid about placing light; when place some light into lets say a bulb, it is never easy for me, I hate when moving and the light marker follow me around the screen, so arrive a time than I do know where it was before. LOL

Thanks a lot guys for all the tips.

3com

PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It does not present "Static mode" field, in properties panel. So the only chance I had was to change via fpe file."
Or you could simply extract (don't move it) and hit the 'y' key to change to dynamic.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 19:50 Edited at: 24th Mar 2016 12:50
Always active? Y/N (I'm on my phone, but isn't that how it appears in the properties panel? I can't double check right now!)

EDIT: I checked, it is static mode, always active is regarding physics, I guess. Oh well, Y is definitely the way to go!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 19:51
Quote: "Or you could simply extract (don't move it) and hit the 'y' key to change to dynamic."

Exactly what I did! I've remember "Y" key, I've not use it from Reloaded. LOL

Thanks again Rolfy.

3com

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 19:53
I've never used the y key, didn't even know you could do that! Thanks also, rolfy!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 19:53
Thanks Jerry, I was posting when you write yours.
Do not tried "alway active", but it seems like work so far, crossing fingers.

Thanks again mate.

3com

PM
perelect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2016 07:06
Quote: "
Quote: "I'm curious why you don't just change it via the properties panel?"

It does not present "Static mode" field, in properties panel. So the only chance I had was to change via fpe file.
"

Hi 3Com
To me it sounds like the fpe maybe not setup correctly, if its not showing the Static mode.
Out of interest could you post the fpe for me to look at.

My guess is that the fpe contains a "is-xxx" command that is incorrect for the type of model.
Like, if an fpe contains commands like the ones below, it setups up the properties panel for entitys in different ways.
isammo = 1
isweapon = 1
ismarker =1
ishealth =1
ischaracter = 1

There are more commands but I cannot think of them at the moment.
My guess is that the fpe contains ischaracter = 1 or ismarker =1 as these two don't show a Static mode in the properties panel, from memory.

Cheers
Desktop: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz, Windows 10, 64-bit, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Display Memory: 4018 MB. Resolution 1360x768, Passmark 3528.
Laptop: Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2336 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2016 17:28 Edited at: 24th Mar 2016 17:29
Quote: "Out of interest could you post the fpe for me to look at."

Of course!, here you go....

Quote: ";header
desc = scifi Checkpoint base1

;visualinfo
textured =
effect = effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx
castshadow = 0

;orientation
model = base1.X
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
defaultstatic = 0
materialindex = 2
collisionmode = 1

;statistics
strength = 25
explodable = 0
debrisshape = 0

;ai
aiinit = appear.lua
aimain = default.lua
aidestroy = disappear.lua

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;anim
animmax = 1
anim0 = 0,119
playanimineditor = 0"

Thanks for help me.

As aside note, I remember in Reloaded, just overing the mesh and pressing "y" key, the mesh change from static to dynamic, so you are not force to clone it, is much beter, just my thoughts.

3com

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:58:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:58:31