Feature Creep / Editor Additions Making Life Easier

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 04:56
- Hide / Unhide entities in the editor, making it easier to select an entity if it is hidden behind another or covered by another entity. The ability to hide an entity in order to reveal the entity behind (or under) it would be nice.

-Remove entities from the side window - This would really be helpful. Sometimes I click the wrong entity to enter the scene and need to delete it and pick another. The one I picked incorrectly still shows on the left window making it too easy to click it into the scene AGAIN! I'm talkng about the side window on the left hand side of the editor that contains the entities that have been selected and added to the level. I'd love to be able to right-click an entity that I don't want in that list anymore and click "Remove". Then I'd have a nice list of only the entities I want quick access to.

Entity finder - I find myself hunting for entities in large levels. A solution is to add it to the aforementioned right-click menu on the left side window. Right-click an entity in the left side window and see a menu showing a few options... "Zoom To".... "Properties"... (easy access to an entities properties).... "Hide / Unhide Entity..... "Delete From Level"..... and "Remove From List" ... This allows quick finding of entities, quick access to properties, a hiding ablity, easier deleting and the ability to remove it from the list of used entities. Clicking "zoom to" could position the camera at the entity's location so we can find it without hunting all over the level for it.

Windows:

At Least The hour Glass Works
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:32:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:32:47