3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Wizard's Isometric Dungeon

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 14:14
I don't often promote other artists items but I have to say this pack is a stroke of genius. It allows (within the current restrictions of GameGuru) for the game designer to put together games reminiscent of Dungeon Keeper type games.

And at just $15 its a great bargain.

Think I will look at designing some models that can be used in this way (hope you don't mind Wizard )

Anyway well done mate a great pack.
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 14:38
Thanks for the vote of confidence some thing I have been planning to do for a long time.
Not at all mate. Go ahead the more the merrier, it's time to promote game play other then 3rd person or FPS.Will be tackling another fun project during the course of this year, for another game play type

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 14:56 Edited at: 19th Mar 2016 16:59
Cheers mate.

Looking forward to your next project.

By the way not just recommending but putting my money where my mouth is. Will purchase this weekend.

Edit: Got it!
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 20th Mar 2016 08:50
Thanks for the support
Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2016 12:19
Bought the kit too. Fantastic although I noticed you took out one if the doors on the video which I liked. Traps work a treat and I can add my own extras nice kit well worth it
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 08:37
Absolutely wonderful work on this pack, it looks amazing. However, i'm going to hold off on buying the pack until we can use more weapons and characters in 3rd person/isometric views, the wizard character just doesn't do it for me. If we had more range of weapons/characters that are 3rd person ready it would be even more amazing.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 15:33
Why wait I am using traps for f person and props too
And doors etc. It may be set out for it but I have it incorporated into my dungeon already and smooth. And if I feel like it I can make a gauntlet game they do isometric multi player or a few players in one. You know elf wizard barbarian valkyrie
And game pad controls till then it is a bit basic. But great potential already have rogue and wizard and barbarian elf etc and your there
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 15:48 Edited at: 21st Mar 2016 15:53
as great as this pack is Belidos is right guru lacks a lot of the things when it comes to making a game in some type of genre. take the scifi pack it great in all but we have no laser bullet tracer effects in guru this would been nice to have with the pack. for this pack guru lacks melee for the third person as well the fireball not sounding like a rocket. I myself not sure what guru can can not at time meaning the things I have said if they are possible to do or change. which one of the reason why I say after save&load is Lee needs to move on to things like this. gameplay is hurting over this and a easy editor builder is not going to fix that. character need to be able to move up and down stairs to attack you. if enemies limited to where they can go to get to you then it will be easy for the player to move where they know the enemies can't go. right now we are going to be 4 months in this year and yet can't still make a game that will WOW! people to play. I personally am not amused or impress by any of the game in WIP or the showcase. all look good but no real gameplay. I wish guru could at least the particle system that fpsc has and the bullet hole decals. it's better then nothing which we have now. all guru is now is fpsc with a bigger map editor and third person. also look at the Easter pack a bunny that throws fireballs at enemies come on now. you have basket full of eggs so you should be throwing eggs at enemies which once again why I don't want buy that pack. I will never have no uses for it because guru lacks any type of effects that fit the theme. this is what is hurting guru right now compare to other engines it's not graphic it gameplay and effects.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

cryptweaver
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 21:20
I agree, for me I think the graphics and such are fine. We need enemy's that can walk on different types of ground and that can enter buildings and such. we need better battle mechanics as well like the player being able to attack and use magic spells and abilities. the save load feature is great and very needed and appreciated but I think for people to really be able to enjoy gameguru the focus should be on what the player and enemies can do to make a interesting game. I have read that a pack of playable characters in 3rd person would be nice and I like that idea. I also would love to see the character creator improved to where artist can create different body's and faces of sorts such as monsters and dragons and demons and well, just a bigger variety of packs that can be purchased for most of us that can not make our own models of that sort of thing. That will be a big improvement for gameguru and I'm sure most of us would love and appreciate that.
Wishing you all the best.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2016 00:03
I totally agree with you guru is lacking so much game play. Hey I am totally against the building editor and all the none needed stuff. Ai is top of list if ask me and weapons and all the little things like rpg elements more 3rd p elements more intelligent and more melee but I have bond 1s weapons working a treat in my dungeons. Axe flail and sword and bows totally working so it is a starting point. 3rd person needs a lot more dynamics but before all that it needs ai smarter system and lots of extra needed stuff pick up and carry inventory 2-4 player 3rd person proper fight system more drop down smart ai placement etc. Building maker should wait really even water is more important already many have projects stalled as they not even bothered with it. Let alone other things. But it does not stop this pack been great and first person friendly. As well as 3rd person.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:57:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:57:03