Product Chat / "Man on Fire" GameGuru Style - not for the faint-hearted!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's me latest experiment:

It's kind of fun, especially when he starts running around on fire (which he didn't do in this clip), but I think it would be good if he ran around a bit then fell down and writhed before dying and leaving a charred corpse. Any ideas on how to achieve this would be gratefully received. Thanks!
Julian
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 13:39
change textures on the fly, could help, since the clothes and the soldier should look burned.

Studying the movements of the soldier, which frames of animation, used to turn on itself ?. For example when the soldier turns to face the player.

Playing with these frames in a loop, and add a randomize function so that the rotation is random and more realistic; besides the speed of rotation, it should never be constant.

Again study the movements that used to die, which frames of the animation, use the soldier to die?

And finally in a perfect world. the soldier's body should be singed and smoking. But this is a tall order.

These are just ideas, taking into account the resources currently available.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks 3com! All good ideas! At present I don't think we can change textures on the fly but I think I could destroy the character then spawn a burnt corpse in its place or a flailing frying character.
Julian
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 22:07
pmsl

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:58