Product Chat / Require assistance with odd results

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, we have been doing testing today and we would like to know if someone on the forums or support can assist us.

Below is in editor (prob1 pic) and then the result in test game (prob2 pic).
(yes some items are dynamic, however the static items are moving/shaking also. and everything is floating?)

Defy will also add to this thread.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 10:24
It is hard to help based on what information you have shared with us. Could you share this map with me so I can have a look?
All I can advise so far is setting all entities to "isimmobile = 1". This can be set in-editor.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
SlipStream
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Yes this works and stops items from floating. Thank you. However the items do not react to being shot now and act as static items not dynamic ?
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 10:42 Edited at: 11th Mar 2016 11:02
Thanks Wolf for help.
*slipstream says thanks, it worked and the items don't float anymore, however not responding to player contact/weapon.
they are dynamic entities though now acting as static. (post on approval)

I am at a different work station and this is a custom model square room (in pics), In editor and test I can see through the texture?
If I walk around the building I can see the texture on the other side (outer wall) . I am sure before the last update this was not the case and didn't have this issue. I have tried the following,

notanoccluder = 1 (added to model fpe, read on forums as a possible fix)
Increased size of texture from 1024x1024 (read on forums someone had this success) .dds texture to a 2048x2048 .dds texture.

Any ideas?
Define R4, i7, 8g, R7 360

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 11:36 Edited at: 11th Mar 2016 11:49
with the square room issue it looks like the face that is the issue has a flipped normal, faces only texture on one side in gameguru, if the face is the wrong way then it will render invisible, in your 3d modelling software you should be able to select the face and flip the normal, then export it back to gameguru.

It looks like the areas that have issues are single planes, is that right? If you want to be able to texture both sides then you need a face on each side (2 planes back to back) with the normal of each facing the direction you want to view the texture on.

As to the floating issue in the opening post, are each of the models made up of multiple separate objects?

It may be that the individual objects origins aren't set right, If so, then in your 3d modeller highlight all of your objects and resetting their origin points to 0, then set your rotation, location and scale.

In Blender you would switch to object mode, press A a couple of times to highlight all objects, then press shift+C to place your cursor at 0x0x0, then in the tools menu selec the origin drop down and choose origin to cursor, then you need to make sure the location, rotation, and scale are set via the ctrl+A menu.

I'm not sure how to do it other modellers, you might have to research that.

(make sure you backup your work before trying any of this, I may be wrong and you might mess up your models this way)

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 11:59 Edited at: 11th Mar 2016 12:27
Thanks for reply.

Issue 1 (first post) these are models than come with Game Guru or DLC. They are not custom. Slipstream was just learning the engine. (2nd day)

Issue 2 (my post) The models worked fine in last update. Not the best screen. Though you can see the walls on the inside. No edits have been made to model. (I have sent an email to the artist to confirm this, unless you may be correct. however I believe I would have picked up on this when testing a few weeks ago)

Attachments

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 12:35
OK, not sure what's happening then.

Just a couple of quick tests.

1. With the walls, go to the location of the walls in your entity folder and deleting the .dbo file (take a backup just incase), then load the GameGuru, load the map with that item in it, go into test mode and hit F4, when the lighting calculations are complete is it still invisible?

2. In test mode press tab twice to bring up all your sliders, find the occlusion slider and knock it down to 0, is it still invisible?

i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks skipper
Yes tried both options and still the same. I even made a new folder in entitybank, with a fresh unzip of models sent and same issue

I am hoping you are right about the model face. because that = an easy fix. Oh I see Rick.V online I am sure he may have an idea or 2.
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Update. word from abroad

Information I have received. (And a thanks to R.E.Z on forums I have been informed), cullmode = 1 in section ;visualinfo
This did the fix. However as noted in the email. Shadow will only project from one side. I added a light on the shadow side to see the results.
Pic included. Anyway its a solution?

Also concerning Slip's encounter, I thought I would take a look. Static Plate entity, Dynamic Food. And the result in test floating...

It's been so long since I have used this software, I am not sure I am doing something wrong... And I am trying to teach slip at the same time.. however slip's map has been made so far all by her, I only showed her the controls.. I explained dynamics have reaction though even I thought you could put an item on a plate.

Attachments

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 13:44
I have those same props, the turkey, table, etc. They come from the Legacy Pack/Props Medieval. If you turn physics off on the plate, your food should rest nicely! I think the plate has a collision box around it that is too big.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
You sir, are a legend.. What a simple thing to overlook. I appreciate the forum users for their continued support. Amazing

I mentioned to Slip, play around get used to tools, and sure enough she had a semi map together. At her school they teach Unity though we are working together on a project and we thought this would be the fastest way possible. I never thought to think about physics once an item was static.. thank you.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 14:19
Quote: "I have those same props, the turkey, table, etc. They come from the Legacy Pack/Props Medieval. If you turn physics off on the plate, your food should rest nicely! I think the plate has a collision box around it that is too big."

That was about to be my next suggestion. I wanted to eliminate some stuff first, but I thought I might be something to do with collision. Maybe importing the model into a 3d modelling program, then resaving it out and importing it back into GG with different collision settings might fix that.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 14:38
I like to see the community get to the bottom of an issue.

Way to go.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Well diagnosed all
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:02:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:02:20